Mbowe na tafakuri zake...

Mac - maneno mazito na ya busara hayo. Ugomvi wetu wengine sie ni kudanganywa, aidha na CCM au na mtu kama Mbowe. Take my word: he will turn out to be a fake because you can fool some people some of the time but you cannot fool all the people all the time. Politics cannot be a redemption from failure in everything else.

Uozo wa CCM unaniikwa hapa day in, day out and do not really need another screamer. My forte is ineptness ya upinzani. We want an alternative but if we think it is Mr. Mbowe and CHADEMA, we are in for a heartbreak.

I have a few words to comment on your long post about Mbowe...I will do that another time.

Correct me if I am wrong, hapa juu unamaanisha kukubaliana na maneno ya JKN (RIP) kuwa upinzani wa kweli utatoka ndani ya CCM..??

Tatizo kubwa la siasa Tanzania ni watu wenye - AMBITION!
Hapa ndio ngoma kubwa sana!
I have problem with motivated person with goal in mind - to become a President! - JK mmoja wapo, as to a person who is motivated with desire and willingness to lead people to a better place.
Hii ndio tofauti kubwa kati ya mitume na viongozi wetu, kiasi kwamba mitume walikuwa wakifuatwa na kuaminiwa kwa sababu waliweza ku-deliver hali viongozi wetu wengi kama wanavyosema waungawana na Ung'eng'e.
It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do - PRESIDENT..

I have read Mugongo Mugongo's (hereinafter referred to as Mugongo) article with keen interest. I only congratulate him for having taken his/her time to write such a long article, but honestly, with little substance to grasp, leave alone to chew.

A quick glance at Mugongo's article would indicate that his/her intention was to respond to Mbowe's article like others in the forum have done/are doing. But then, one easily gets bewildered when you take a closer look at his/her writings because of the many messages that are cramped together in this one piece. Good writing requires interailia, consistency. This is the first remarkable difference between Mbowe's and Mugongo's pieces. Mbowe was very consistent with his message from start to the last full stop. In his article, Mbowe dealt with leadership woes surrounding contemporary government under CCM. He did not in this particular article talk anything about CHADEMA's party neither did he discuss anything regarding his position as chairman of CHADEMA. Conversely, I find a plethora of inconsistencies in Mugongo's writings. I have re-read his/her article, time and time again; I still cannot easily grasp the message. I will explain.

First, look at the title of Mugongo's article, "Deconstructing Mr. Mbowe"! This is enough to scare any keen reader. The straightforward message is that Mugongo intended to deconstruct Mr. Mbowe. In other words, his article is a personal vendetta aimed to decompose Mr. Mbowe politically and otherwise. Sasa, ndio maana wenye roho nyepesi watakwambia umetumwa. Lakini sio utani. A candid examination of Mugongo's article just proves this. Full of unfounded and unsubstantiated allegations, the article tries to present Mbowe as incompetent sordid politician. Look at this "…..spoiled kid, who failed in school, turned into a Disc Jockey – and then failed as an entrepreneur..". Now what is this? First of all Mbowe is not a spoiled kid because he is not a kid anyway. Even if we give him/her a benefit of doubt and assume that Mugongo was talking of Mbowe's childhood experiences, should we accept to be haunted with our past? Second, Mugongo did not substantiate his allegations that Mbowe failed in school. More importantly, and perhaps this reveals Mugongo's weakness in building his/her case, it is only a fool who can accept that Mbowe is among the failed entrepreneurs in Tanzania. Mr/Ms Mugongo you are correct to say that you cannot fool all people…On this one, Mr/Ms Mugongo, in so far as this forum is concerned, I can only say that you have indeed fooled yourself!

Secondly, Mugongo poses that s/he is not among the people who "spend lifetime talking about what others are doing.."; paradoxically, in his/her article, s/he just does this! S/he all along talked just about Mbowe's personality and nothing more! This reminds me of one of the wazungu's sayings that "we suspect in others what we feel in ourselves". Mugongo yours was an intriguing self-fulfilling prophecy!

Thirdly, Mugongo ridicules Mbowe's sacrifice and self devotion in politics. Honestly, this is one argument in your article that requires a critical reflection and therefore a candid response. Let us remind ourselves of the meaning of sacrifice from Cambridge Advance Dictionary. To sacrifice is "to give up something that is valuable to you in order to help another person". Now, for a political situation prevailing in a country like Tanzania, where all the opportunities for personal, social and political development are bound to be availed through a ‘single source' strategy: you either have to belong or rub shoulders with powers that be_CCM, what else can you say of a person who decides to join an opposition party? What more can we say of a successful businessman like Mbowe to decide to head an opposition party? What else can we say of someone who is spending his hard earned money to run a political party in a situation where people like Mugongo will only ridicule you? I ask others to reflect on this issue and let us continue debating because this is an important point in Mugongo's article.

Fourthly, I can only mention in passing few other unfounded allegations that are raised in Mugongo's article. For example, Mugongo asserts that Mr. Mbowe's thanksgiving tour in the ten regions was a flop. Again, as usual of his/her writing style, he mentioned this recklessnessly without backing it with an iota of evidence. We all remember how Mr. Mbowe's trip gave CCM's top leadership hard time to the extent that it sent a high ranking official to conduct political rallies in all areas that were visited by Mr. Mbowe. Now, if this Mr. Mbowe's visit was a flop, why would CCM take all the trouble it took? This is why I say Mugongo you can only fool the fool; unfortunately, not in this forum! On helicopter, Mr. Mugongo's argument only proves how novice s/he is in this forum. Otherwise, this issue has been tackled thoroughly on several accounts in this forum and elsewhere.

Finally, it is a callous underestimation, and indeed contempt, of forum members' intellectual capacity to say that anybody who opposes CCM in this forum is taken as a member of opposition and vice versa. We have always done better than this. If it happens that in this forum a great deal of members seem to be persuaded by and sympathetic to CHADEMA's course, that cannot be blamed on Mbowe or CHADEMA. Neither does this kind of propaganda help to change forum members' opinion about the conduct of CCM government!

I am sorry, but I had to address Mugongo as him/her-s/he becasue Iam not sure of his/her gender identity. This is one problem of using nick names!

Niliposoma ujumbe wa Mugongo*2 niligundua mara moja anawakilisha Chama gani. Inaonyesha ni jinsi gani maneno ya Mbowe yalivyomchoma na kumlazimu kujaribu kupindisha ukweli lakini bahati mbaya uwezo huwa hakuwa nao.Kwani amejibu kwa kusukumwa na hasira na si ukweli.
Hakukuwa na haja ya Mbowe kuongelea Chadema kwani hakuandika kufanya kampeni au kueleza itikadi zake.Ameandika kuwaelewesha watanzania wanaoendelea kuogelea kwenye umasikini,Ni nani aliyewapeleka kuogelea kwenye kina kirefu!!Ni serikali ya CCM.
Ni vizuri usome na kutafakari kwa makini unaposoma, kuelewa nini lilikuwa dhumuni la mwandishi. Dhumuni halikuwa kuitaja Chadema mara 2 au idadi itakayokuridhisha.

Nimesoma huo utumbo wa mugongo mugongo. He is just another nutty professor. Good luck kid. Some one pays you for that.

Nilijua kwamba wewe Mugongo wa Mugongo utakonga mwamba hapa . I threw very light questions to you .Kabla ya jioni watu wamekuzamia. Mzee karibu hapa JF

Mzee Mwanakijiji,

I salute you for writing a very good response to Mugongo. Well done, you are a good thinker and a fine writer.

Keep on brother!

Mukandara,

Nakuona uko online. Nasikitika sana baadhi ya watu wameshindwa kujadili hoja ya Mbowe. Badala yake wakaanza kumjadili na kumshambulia yeye. Aliyetia fora ni Mugongo Mugongo. Mzee wa hoja, nakusubiri utoe somo.

Nachukua fursa hii kukupongeza mugongo mugongo kwa mchango wako makini.

wanabodi msisahau kauli mbiu ya hii forum 'where we dare talk openly' tuachane na kasumba za vyama, akisemwa Muungwana hata kama ukweli, ccm wanakuja juu, Mbowe akisemwa watu wanaibuka na jaziba, MKJJ anasema 'hoja hujibiwa kwa hoaja' tuache unafiki wakushabikia vyama na viongozi wake.

Admin tuweka wazi hii forum inamilikiwa na chama?

Tujadili mustakabali wa nchi yetu, hapa hakuna cha ccm wala chadema atakae ikomboa nchi, nchi hii itakombolewa na mimi na wewe hongera mungo mungo kwa changamoto yako keep it up my friend.

Kujibu hoja ya Mugongo mungo, mbowe katoa changamoto kwenye makala yake, mimi napinga kabisa utarabu wa viongozi kurundika uwanja wa ndege kumpokea muungwana atokapo safari ziwe za nje au za ndani, mara nyingi wanafika uwanjani saa moja kabla ndege haijatua, wanapoteza muda mwingi basi na sababu, pili kila kiongozi anakwenda na usafiri wake, na kasumba ya watanzania kama waziri na katibu mku hawapo ofisi nao wanapata upenyo wa kutega kazi, muda huu ungetumika kujenga nchi badala kutumia kumpokea rais.

naomba kutoa hoja

I have read Mugongo Mugongo’s (hereinafter referred to as Mugongo) article with keen interest. I only congratulate him for having taken his/her time to write such a long article, but honestly, with little substance to grasp, leave alone to chew.

A quick glance at Mugongo’s article would indicate that his/her intention was to respond to Mbowe’s article like others in the forum have done/are doing. But then, one easily gets bewildered when you take a closer look at his/her writings because of the many messages that are cramped together in this one piece. Good writing requires interailia, consistency. This is the first remarkable difference between Mbowe’s and Mugongo’s pieces. Mbowe was very consistent with his message from start to the last full stop. In his article, Mbowe dealt with leadership woes surrounding contemporary government under CCM. He did not in this particular article talk anything about CHADEMA’s party neither did he discuss anything regarding his position as chairman of CHADEMA. Conversely, I find a plethora of inconsistencies in Mugongo’s writings. I have re-read his/her article, time and time again; I still cannot easily grasp the message. I will explain.

First, look at the title of Mugongo’s article, “Deconstructing Mr. Mbowe”! This is enough to scare any keen reader. The straightforward message is that Mugongo intended to deconstruct Mr. Mbowe. In other words, his article is a personal vendetta aimed to decompose Mr. Mbowe politically and otherwise. Sasa, ndio maana wenye roho nyepesi watakwambia umetumwa. Lakini sio utani. A candid examination of Mugongo’s article just proves this. Full of unfounded and unsubstantiated allegations, the article tries to present Mbowe as incompetent sordid politician. Look at this “…..spoiled kid, who failed in school, turned into a Disc Jockey – and then failed as an entrepreneur..”. Now what is this? First of all Mbowe is not a spoiled kid because he is not a kid anyway. Even if we give him/her a benefit of doubt and assume that Mugongo was talking of Mbowe’s childhood experiences, should we accept to be haunted with our past? Second, Mugongo did not substantiate his allegations that Mbowe failed in school. More importantly, and perhaps this reveals Mugongo’s weakness in building his/her case, it is only a fool who can accept that Mbowe is among the failed entrepreneurs in Tanzania. Mr/Ms Mugongo you are correct to say that you cannot fool all people…On this one, Mr/Ms Mugongo, in so far as this forum is concerned, I can only say that you have indeed fooled yourself!

Secondly, Mugongo poses that s/he is not among the people who “spend lifetime talking about what others are doing..”; paradoxically, in his/her article, s/he just does this! S/he all along talked just about Mbowe’s personality and nothing more! This reminds me of one of the wazungu’s sayings that “we suspect in others what we feel in ourselves”. Mugongo yours was an intriguing self-fulfilling prophecy!

Thirdly, Mugongo ridicules Mbowe’s sacrifice and self devotion in politics. Honestly, this is one argument in your article that requires a critical reflection and therefore a candid response. Let us remind ourselves of the meaning of sacrifice from Cambridge Advance Dictionary. To sacrifice is “to give up something that is valuable to you in order to help another person”. Now, for a political situation prevailing in a country like Tanzania, where all the opportunities for personal, social and political development are bound to be availed through a ‘single source’ strategy: you either have to belong or rub shoulders with powers that be_CCM, what else can you say of a person who decides to join an opposition party? What more can we say of a successful businessman like Mbowe to decide to head an opposition party? What else can we say of someone who is spending his hard earned money to run a political party in a situation where people like Mugongo will only ridicule you? I ask others to reflect on this issue and let us continue debating because this is an important point in Mugongo’s article.

Fourthly, I can only mention in passing few other unfounded allegations that are raised in Mugongo’s article. For example, Mugongo asserts that Mr. Mbowe’s thanksgiving tour in the ten regions was a flop. Again, as usual of his/her writing style, he mentioned this recklessnessly without backing it with an iota of evidence. We all remember how Mr. Mbowe’s trip gave CCM’s top leadership hard time to the extent that it sent a high ranking official to conduct political rallies in all areas that were visited by Mr. Mbowe. Now, if this Mr. Mbowe’s visit was a flop, why would CCM take all the trouble it took? This is why I say Mugongo you can only fool the fool; unfortunately, not in this forum! On helicopter, Mr. Mugongo’s argument only proves how novice s/he is in this forum. Otherwise, this issue has been tackled thoroughly on several accounts in this forum and elsewhere.

Finally, it is a callous underestimation, and indeed contempt, of forum members’ intellectual capacity to say that anybody who opposes CCM in this forum is taken as a member of opposition and vice versa. We have always done better than this. If it happens that in this forum a great deal of members seem to be persuaded by and sympathetic to CHADEMA’s course, that cannot be blamed on Mbowe or CHADEMA. Neither does this kind of propaganda help to change forum members’ opinion about the conduct of CCM government!

I am sorry, but I had to address Mugongo as him/her-s/he becasue Iam not sure of his/her gender identity. This is one problem of using nick names!

Mwanasiasa, umenisisimua! Safi sana

Kwa kuongezea tu juu ya ziara za mbowe za kushukuru, zilikuwa na nguvu mno, watu waliandika sana makala, vyombo vya habari viliripoti sana juu ya ziara zake na ikumbukwe, CCM walitoa tamko lilochapwa kwenye magazeti kujibu hoja alizokuwa anatoa na TAKURU pia walitoa tamko kujibu hoja juu ya rushwa, viongozi wa juu wa CCM walikuwa wanajibu mara kwa hoja zake. Sijui alitumia mizani ipi kusema ziara hazikuwa na mafanikio!

Mwanasiasa,

Samahani kwa kukuchanganya na mzee Mwanakijiji. Salute yangu ilikuwa kwako kwa huo ujumbe mzito.

Samahani kwa kuchanganya majina. Mwanakijiji asante kwa kunisahihisha.

Mwanasiasa, umenisisimua! Safi sana

Kwa kuongezea tu juu ya ziara za mbowe za kushukuru, zilikuwa na nguvu mno, watu waliandika sana makala, vyombo vya habari viliripoti sana juu ya ziara zake na ikumbukwe, CCM walitoa tamko lilochapwa kwenye magazeti kujibu hoja alizokuwa anatoa na TAKURU pia walitoa tamko kujibu hoja juu ya rushwa, viongozi wa juu wa CCM walikuwa wanajibu mara kwa hoja zake. Sijui alitumia mizani ipi kusema ziara hazikuwa na mafanikio!

Ni kitu kibaya sana kuongea jambo bila ushahidi au kuamua kuupindisha ukweli ili utimilize matakwa yako. Ninaamini huyu Mugongo anafahamu fika nguvu ya ile ziara ya Mbowe mikoani. Aliamua kupindisha ukweli kwa sababu anazozijua yeye mwenyewe. Ni wazi pia maandishi ya huyu ndugu yetu Mugongo yanaonesha ana kachuki binafsi na Mbowe. Na hii ndio hatari ya siasa zetu. Natamani siku ifike ambapo Tanzania tunaweza kutokukubaliana na mawazo ya mtu bila ya lazima ya kumchukia huyo mtu. Ni matumaini yangu kuwa hiyo siku itafika katika kizazi chetu hikihiki.

Admin tuweka wazi hii forum inamilikiwa na chama?

Nilishawahi kukiri kabisa kuwa HATUNA CHAMA. Mimi naweza kuwa na mapenzi na CCM au TLP au CHADEMA na hata CHAUSTA lakini dhamira ya forum si mapenzi yangu yatimizwe!

Kumradhi kwa wenye mapenzi sana na vyama na ambao kwa namna moja ama nyingine naweza kuwakwaza kwa kauli zangu. Kuna vyama vingi lakini ninavyoona vinaongeleka ni vichache tena si zaidi ya vinne. Vingine tunavidharau? Nafikiria namna mpya ya kuendesha mijadala ambayo itakuwa MAIN TOPICS na naamini by next week tutaona changes.

All I need from you ni uvumilivu na ukweli katika tuandikacho. Kuna wengine humu wanaongelewa ni wazazi wetu, wanetu na hata ndugu zetu. Yawezekana yakanichoma sana lakini kama ni ukweli ni lazima nikubali kuwa penye ukweli UWONGO HUJITENGA.

Nawasilisha...

I was laughing reading all the emotional responses to my article. This is how it works: Mbowe writes, everybody cheers. Mbowe criticised, everybody jeers. My simple advice: if you continue to intellectually coddle Mr. Mbowe, something he is used to in his entire life, you will make him a continual dependant of the Ansbert Ngurumo types for his writings. If Mr. Mbowe's views are not put to interrogation, and if this whole JF enterprise becomes a CHADEMA cheerleading fest, you will be nurturing mtindio wa tafakuri on the party's leadership and supporters. Basically, nawaweka kundi moja na wale makada wa CCM kule Bongo ambao kazi yao ni kuimba na kusifia tu.

A lot of those who responded to my article, only talked about it, not what is in it, and rushed to the exploration of intentions of the writer and not the content. I was kinda expecting that. And I have nothing to say about it. Only Mwanasiasa has attemped a decent stab to what I had to say - but up to the second paragraph. When I read his passage about my word "deconstructing", I had to stop reading because I thought if one cannot even understand the title, how can he grasp the meaning of the article?

First, look at the title of Mugongo's article, "Deconstructing Mr. Mbowe"! This is enough to scare any keen reader. The straightforward message is that Mugongo intended to deconstruct Mr. Mbowe. In other words, his article is a personal vendetta aimed to decompose Mr. Mbowe politically and otherwise.

Mwanasiasa, my friend: deconstructing does not mean decomposing [someone politically] (how do you actually do that?). In fact, deconstruction is a positive expression, meaning you open up a literary or philosophical work for multiple meaning and intepretations. It means you put something, someone or an idea to critical interrogation. I now understand that, for Mbowe supporters, this is an alien idea. Please read Jacques Derrida.

So, a keen reader would not have been scared by my title, as you point out. In fact, he or she would have been excited about a thrilling intellectual exercise.

I was laughing reading all the emotional responses to my article. This is how it works: Mbowe writes, everybody cheers. Mbowe criticised, everybody jeers. My simple advice: if you continue to intellectually coddle Mr. Mbowe, something he is used to in his entire life, you will make him a continual dependant of the Ansbert Ngurumo types for his writings. If Mr. Mbowe's views are not put to interrogation, and if this whole JF enterprise becomes a CHADEMA cheerleading fest, you will be nurturing mtindio wa tafakuri on the party's leadership and supporters. Basically, nawaweka kundi moja na wale makada wa CCM kule Bongo ambao kazi yao ni kuimba na kusifia tu.

A lot of those who responded to my article, only talked about it, not what is in it, and rushed to the exploration of intentions of the writer and not the content. I was kinda expecting that. And I have nothing to say about it. Only Mwanasiasa has attemped a decent stab to what I had to say - but up to the second paragraph. When I read his passage about my word "deconstructing", I had to stop reading because I thought if one cannot even understand the title, how can he grasp the meaning of the article?

Mwanasiasa, my friend: deconstructing does not mean decomposing [someone politically]. In fact, deconstruction is a positive expression, meaning you open up a literary or philosophical work for multiple meaning and intepretations. It means you put something, someone or an idea to critical interrogation. I now understand that, for Mbowe supporters, this is an alien idea. Please read Jacques Derrida.

So, a keen reader would not have been scared by my title, as you point out. In fact, he or she would have been excited about a thrilling intellectual exercise.

Great! but, this is not what your title stands for. You are talking of deconstructing Mbowe rather than his ideas or his literary work. I don't need to read Jacques Derrida to understand this simple English word. Remember you are not writing to philolosophers in this forum. We are people of different intellectual backgrounds and not all of us are interested with Jacques Derrida philosophical works! Good writing requires simplicity and straightforwardness. If "deconstruction" is an English word, then it is clear that you cannot apply it to a person. Simply put, you cannot deconstruct a person, because it is a physical entity. Deconstructing a person will amount to destroying that person all together, and that is why I was staggered by your title. You can only deconstruct a socially constructed idea or concept. For example, gender is a socially constructed concept and it can therefore be socially deconstructed

And to your very last comment, I can only say that a keen writer is always keen to ensure that his title is devoid of ambiguity and unncessary philosophical jargons!

hivi INVISIBLE mko wangapi? ...Inanichanganya kidogo

Zanaki,

Wewe unajiondoa kwenye list YETU? Nilikuweka kwenye kundi letu. Kwa sasa tupo zaidi ya 700. Naamini kufikia mwezi ujao tutafikia Elfu Moja!

Kama ni Management bado haijawa set up. Napendekeza jina lako mkuu!

Just kidding but probably u fit... Nshasema zaidi ya mara 5... JamboForums.com si yangu, si yake na wala si yao! Ni yetu sote.

Need I say more?

Zanaki,

Wewe unajiondoa kwenye list YETU? Nilikuweka kwenye kundi letu. Kwa sasa tupo zaidi ya 700. Naamini kufikia mwezi ujao tutafikia Elfu Moja!

Kama ni Management bado haijawa set up. Napendekeza jina lako mkuu!

Just kidding but probably u fit... Nshasema zaidi ya mara 5... JamboForums.com si yangu, si yake na wala si yao! Ni yetu sote.

Need I say more?

You have said it all!

Back
Top Bottom