Bookworms of JF, what's your favorite book (s) and why?

And then there were none(Ten little nigers) cha Agatha Christie. Nimetoka kumaliza hii novel.

Ni Novel ya mystery iliyouza kuliko zote. Imeuza zaidi ya nakala 100m. Nimefurahia kuusoma.

View attachment 1735602
And_Then_There_Were_None_First_Edition_Cover_1939.jpg

“Tell me of the secret host of evil oh Cymon
Their name should not be spake aloud
Lest they profane mortal lips
For they came out of unholy darkness
And attacked the heavens
But were driven away
By the rage of angels.”

Nilikisoma hiki kitabu kipindi.

Hiyo verse ya mshairi asiyejulikana(anonymous) ndiyo iliyozaa title ‘The Rage of Angels.

Hadithi za Sheldon zinatamalakiwa na mashujaa wa kike(heroines) na huyu wa Rage of Angels, Jennifer Parker anavutia hasa.

“Love, death, tragedy. Nothing had been able to destroy her. She was a survivor.”

Safi sana, jamaa anajua.

I am here to stay, Nowonmai.
Just great to see you here. Happy Easter!

So you remind me of "Here To Stay" By Mark Edwards. Have you read this Thriller or ever heard about it?

Happy Easter Paula.

Needless to say I am thrilled to have you with us in this exciting thread again.

Haven’t even heard of that book dear but now that you are here and if you recommend it, why, I ‘m sure I ‘ll get to read it.

Cheers my......

Happy Easter Paula.

Needless to say I am thrilled to have you with us in this exciting thread again.

Haven’t even heard of that book dear but now that you are here and if you recommend it, why, I ‘m sure I ‘ll get to read it.

Cheers my......
Thank you.
You see, It's about the man (Elliot) who invited his in-laws(Gemma's(his wife) parents and her younger sister) to his home until they can find a place of their own. Poor Elliot, doesn't even know what he's got himself into.

The In-laws were supposed to stay for a couple of weeks but it becomes clear that they have no intention of leaving. They turn into the guests from hell .They are untidy, rude, disgusting and dangerous.

Elliot begins to regret his decision but doesn't know how to get ride of them. Time keeps passing and they aren't leaving.

It's just so amazing and exciting. I loved it and I'd like to read it again but I would never recommend it to anyone, especially YOU. Spend your time elsewhere.

Thank you.
You see, It's about the man (Elliot) who invited his in-laws(Gemma's(his wife) parents and her younger sister) to his home until they can find a place of their own. Poor Elliot, doesn't even know what he's got himself into.

The In-laws were supposed to stay for a couple of weeks but it becomes clear that they have no intention of leaving. They turn into the guests from hell .They are untidy, rude, disgusting and dangerous.

Elliot begins to regret his decision but doesn't know how to get ride of them. Time keeps passing and they aren't leaving.

It's just so amazing and exciting. I loved it and I'd like to read it again but I would never recommend it to anyone, especially YOU. Spend your time elsewhere.

Oh dear!

You know you ‘ ve just made me more eager to read the book?

Talk about spending time with guests from hell!

I am afraid I ‘ve been there before leastways in the world of books(ref Susanna Clarke: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel, Ira Levin: Rosemary’s Baby, William Peter Blatter: The Excorcist, and many more.

But if you don’t want me to go there for reasons pertaining to our being soulmates I will bow to your wishes my lady.

In this instance, I am yours to command.

Oh dear!

You know you ‘ ve just made me more eager to read the book?

Talk about spending time with guests from hell!

I am afraid I ‘ve been there before leastways in the world of books(ref Sussana Clarke: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel, Ira Levin: Rosemary’s Baby, William Peter Blatter: The Excorcist, and many more.

But if you don’t want me to go there for reasons pertaining to our being soulmates I will bow to your wishes my lady.

In this instance, I am yours to command.
Good Day Nowonmai.
Okay since you are interested, treat yourself. You you can read it during your commute.

I had heard about Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel by Susanna Clarke but I've never read. Is it worth reading?

Attachments

• Here To Stay by Mark Edwards [Edwards, Mark] (z-lib.org).epub.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
Good Day Nowonmai.
Okay since you are interested, treat yourself. You you can read it during your commute.

I had heard about Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel by Susanna Clarke but I've never read. Is it worth reading?

Thanks Paula.

You know it is a pleasure to be protected ‘specially when one has the notion that they are big boys and for a moment there I was ready to don an armour, be a good knight errant and go for a penance all just to oblige my damsel in distress but alas, we are back to reality.

Yeah. Jonathan Strange @ Mr Norrel is a good book. From the moment Mr Norrel made the stones in the local churchyard to speak you will be very reluctant to put the book down.

Cheers my lady.