So you think you are important?

Ndio.....kwa sababu mama yangu aliniambia hivyo.

Au mnataka kuniambia kuwa mama alinidanganya aliponiambia kuwa mimi ni mtu muhimu sana kwenye dunia hii??

Hakukudanganya, except kila mtu anaambiwa hivyo hivyo.

You are special, but everybody is special and your being special fades into the oblivion of 7 billion special souls.

Wewe kuzaliwa binadamu tu ni special, kwa sababu sperm iliyokutoa ilishinda nyingine milioni 800 ndiyo ukazaliwa wewe, lakini kila mtu alizaliwa hivyo hivyo.

Au mnataka kuniambia kuwa mama alinidanganya aliponiambia kuwa mimi ni mtu muhimu sana kwenye dunia hii??

When she told you are special, may be she meant that you are unique. She was right every human being is unique.

I think none is important that the other, none is even important than cows or tree.

At that level mamako hajakosea hata kidogo.
Kadhalika ulipokuwa mtoto uliamini kuwa baba/mama ndiyo wenye nguvu na uwezo wa kila kitu. Ilikuwa na maana yake kukulea uamini hivyo.Ililenga kukupa confidence na kujisikia salama.Ni vizuri pia ukiamini kuwa you are an important person on earth.....lakini sidhani mama alikuambia kuwe u r the only important person au udharau wengine.Naamini kabisa kuwa alikulea na kukuadilisha uwe mnyenyekevu na uheshimu wengine ili uwe mtu muhimu kweli. Its all philosophical!

yes you sir you are all that, to your mother you are! and each one is to their own kinfolks... but in the great picture.. we are nothing but a mere dot in the Bible of the Universe!

that is why the Psalmist says this:

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him? Psalsm 8:3-4

Naipenda kwa kiswahili:

"Ninapoziangalia mbingu
Kazi ya vidole vyako,
Mwezi na nyota ulizozitanda,
Mtu ni nini hata umfikiria,
Mwanadamu hata umkumbuke?"
And when Christ comes he says this:

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of our head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, you are of more value than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:29-31

All this brings me to this classical hymn (Moses Kulola used to like it a lot)

Bwana Mungu
Nashangaa Kabisa
Nikikumbuka jinsi ulivyo
Nyota, Ngurumo, vitu vingi vyote
Viumbwavyo kwa uwezo wako!!

Roho yangu na ishangilie
Jinsi wewe ulivyo mkuu!

Nikikumbuka
Jinsi wewe Mungu
Ulivyompeleka mwanao
Afe azichukue dhambi zetu
Kuyatambua ni vigumu mno

Yesu Mwokozi
Utakaporudi
Kunichukua kwenda mbinguni
Nitashughukuru na kuimba milele
Wote wajue jinsi ulivyo!

Hakukudanganya, except kila mtu anaambiwa hivyo hivyo.

You are special, but everybody is special and your being special fades into the oblivion of 7 billion special souls.

Wewe kuzaliwa binadamu tu ni special, kwa sababu yai lako lilishinda mayai mengine milioni 800 ndiyo ukazaliwa wewe, lakini kila mtu alizaliwa hivyo hivyo.

Pundit my friend, i just wish you believed in souls, maana nakumbuka ulikanusha hapa: https://www.jamiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=208605&postcount=59

hapo ndipo ningeuona uhai wa stars na planets uko comparable na huu wetu, na tabia za binadamu (nyodo na maringo) na kulipuka kwa stars na kunyauka into dwarfs kungelileta uahueni katika hizi beliefs zetu na comparisons!!

Nevertheless, i admire your comprehensive understanding in these matters.

SteveD.

Naona umeanza kubali mwelekeo kabisa na kusema mwisho wetu ni kusahaulika mavumbini na sio kurudi kwa Baba. Maana nakumbuka ulipinga au kushwalisha vikali hoja za Kisayansi kuhusu mwanzo na mwisho, hapa:

https://www.jamiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=164318#post164318,

na hapa:

https://www.jamiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=208788#post208788

Mkuu, Lakini hiyo siyo kuondoa imani, yaweza kuwa mavumbi yenye roho kwa sababu yote ni imani.

Niliposema kusahaulika hapo juu, nilikuwa na maana ya hapa duniani ndani ya nadharia ya kiulimwengu, lakini si kumaanisha kiroho.

Asante kwa kuliona hilo. Hata hivyo nililifikiria mara mbili kabla ya kuliandika :)

Pundit my friend, i just wish you believed in souls, maana nakumbuka ulikanusha hapa: https://www.jamiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=208605&postcount=59

hapo ndipo ningeuona uhai wa stars na planets uko comparable na huu wetu, na tabia za binadamu (nyodo na maringo) na kulipuka kwa stars na kunyauka into dwarfs kungelileta uahueni katika hizi beliefs zetu na comparisons!!

Nevertheless, i admire your comprehensive understanding in these matters.

SteveD.

Steve,

I utilize the full repertoire of word's meanings, not only the first and most widely used meaning. Here soul is used in the context of meaning 4, not 1.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/souls

1.The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity.

2.The spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state.

3The disembodied spirit of a dead human.

4.A human: "the homes of some nine hundred souls" (Garrison Keillor).

5.The central or integral part; the vital core: "It saddens me that this network ... may lose its soul, which is after all the quest for news" (Marvin Kalb).

6.A person considered as the perfect embodiment of an intangible quality; a personification: I am the very soul of discretion.

7.A person's emotional or moral nature: "An actor is ... often a soul which wishes to reveal itself to the world but dare not" (Alec Guinness).

8.A sense of ethnic pride among Black people and especially African Americans, expressed in areas such as language, social customs, religion, and music.

9.A strong, deeply felt emotion conveyed by a speaker, a performer, or an artist.
Soul music.

When she told you are special, may be she meant that you are unique. She was right every human being is unique.

I think none is important that the other, even important than cows or tree.

On this point, you are absolutely right!

What about the Darwin's theory of survival for the fitest.

Is that human being who always embrace graft feel important than other citizen?

What about someone who hasn't got a chance to express opinion because he/she doen't have access to internet, will he /she feel important or part of those who call themselves important ones.

Tunakaa katika sayari ndogo, iliyo katika nyota ndogo .The Sun is a yellow dwarf, actually a blessing in disguise, nyota kubwa huunguza hydrogen kwa kasi na hivyo huwa na maisha mafupi kabla ya kulipuka katika supernovae, nyota yetu "jua" ni ndogo sana na haiwezi kulipuka supernovae. Nyota hii ipo katika viunga vya nje vya Galaxy yetu ya "Milky Way" which is another blessing, the inner core of a galaxy is much too chaotic and hot to support life as we know it.

Astronomy truly is mind-boggling. Can you spot the sun on both diagrams?

attachment.php

attachment.php

• The sun travel at a speed of 251 km/s, so that it completes one revolution every 225–250 million years.
  • The Sun orbits the center of the Milky Way galaxy at a distance of approximately 26,000 to 27,000 light-years from the galactic center, moving generally in the direction of Cygnus and completing one revolution in about 225–250 million years (one Galactic year).
  • At the center of Galactic core is where you'll find the "black hole".

Galactic context
The Solar System's location in the galaxy is very likely a factor in the evolution of life on Earth. Its orbit is close to being circular and is at roughly the same speed as that of the spiral arms, which means it passes through them only rarely. Since spiral arms are home to a far larger concentration of potentially dangerous supernovae, this has given Earth long periods of interstellar stability for life to evolve. The Solar System also lies well outside the star-crowded environs of the galactic centre. Near the centre, gravitational tugs from nearby stars could perturb bodies in the Oort Cloud and send many comets into the inner Solar System, producing collisions with potentially catastrophic implications for life on Earth. The intense radiation of the galactic centre could also interfere with the development of complex life. Even at the Solar System's current location, some scientists have hypothesised that recent supernovae may have adversely affected life in the last 35,000 years by flinging pieces of expelled stellar core towards the Sun in the form of radioactive dust grains and larger, comet-like bodies.

Attachments

• dn14057-1_600.jpg
    dn14057-1_600.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 518px-Milky_Way_Spiral_Arm.svg.png
    518px-Milky_Way_Spiral_Arm.svg.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom