Nimrod Mkono na Mkono Advocates watch

What if Mkono is right kuhusu tuhuma za umiliki wa Mzee Ben?

Hawa jamaa wa Thisday wamewahi kumtafuta Mzee Ben kumuhoji kuhusu hizi tuhuma? Kama hapana nini ni kinawazuia?

Tanzanianjema

Mkjj

Nimejaribu kupost picha hapa ukumbini lakini inatoka kama attachment. Hebu nipe darasa la jinsi ya kupost picha kama hiyo hapo juu ya Mh. Natanguliza shukrani

I said once and i will say twice. Mr Mkono is the poison of Tanzania development, and it wont change unless there is kind of revolution. This lawyers who are selfish are the enemies of any developing nation.

This guy have a lot of influence in Tanzania Judiciary system, and that has make him a god figure on such system. However we can over turn this, how? i cant answer that. The bad thing he have influence in Bunge.

Na bunge ndio chombo pekee ambacho kingetengeza sheria ya kuangamiza hawa wazandiki na mafisadi wakubwa kama mkono.... Huyu kiumbe mimi nashindwa kuelewa kwa nini hajaangamizwa....... sorry guyz jazba

Mkono anataka kutuzingua tu na tudivert attention. Huo ukombozi gani kwa watanzania wakati benki inamilikiwa na Jeetu Patel na Vimal Mehta. Hawa si ndo waliokomba mabilioni BOT through Twin Tower project na foreign debt account kwa kutumia makampuni yao hewa.

Kama hiyo M ni yake mbona haijaenda Musoma kufungua branch ya ukombozi? M can stand for anything. Kama ukombozi basi ni wa wezi na majahili wa uchumi wetu.

Kama hata prof. Nkono na pesa zake pamoja na connections analalamikia kwamba mzawa ananyanyaswa TZ, hapo kazi ipo. Hata kama sikubaliani na yeye lakini alichosema ni ukweli mtupu, Watanzania Wazawa hawapewi nafasi sawa na wageni katika mambo ya biashara.

Mkono: My vision for Bank 'M'

THISDAY REPORTER
Dar es Salaam

PROMINENT Dar es Salaam lawyer Nimrod Mkono yesterday for the first time revealed details about the process of establishing the forthcoming Bank M (Tanzania) Limited, including the fact that the mysterious 'M' stands for 'Mkombozi' (liberator) in the context of indigenous economic empowerment.

Addressing a speedily-called news conference at his offices in the city, the managing partner of the renowned Mkono & Company Advocates firm also displayed remarkable eloquence in arguing how members of the indigenous business community were hampered by what could loosely be called institutionalized discrimination favouring minority community businessmen.

Mkono, who is also Member of Parliament for the Musoma Rural Constituency, acknowledged that he had entered into a partnership with wealthy and well-connected businessmen of Asian extraction for the ambitious Bank M project. He said this was a result of his own past experiences which suggested that without entering into a joint venture with prominent businessmen of Asian origin, indigenous businessmen had little hope of getting a licence for setting up a commercial bank - let alone attract sufficient deposits necessary for operation.

''Believe me�if you are black, it is very difficult to succeed in this country. Sometimes you have to partner with light-skinned people just to get things done,'' said Mkono, who convened the media conference in reaction to a front-page news article regarding the upcoming bank published by THISDAY on Monday.

By February this year, Mkono was the only indigenous Tanzanian shareholder of Bank M (Tanzania) Limited, with the rest of the shareholders and co-owners being businessmen of Asian extraction.

He narrated his own personal struggle to launch a private commercial bank, starting back in 1991 when he said he joined forces with another prominent indigenous businessman, Iddi Simba, with a shared dream to establish what would have been called 'Shilingi House Bank'.

Said Mkono: ''However, until today, the bank that I envisioned with Mr Simba has been a non-starter simply because I am an indigenous Tanzanian (Mswahili).''

Simba later ventured into politics and became minister responsible for industry and trade during the early years of the third phase government under former president Benjamin Mkapa. He is well-remembered as a vocal supporter of economic 'Uzawa' (indigenousness), and has since retired from politics.

Mkono yesterday also narrated how he was denied a plot to build the 'Shilingi House Bank� in Dar es Salaam's central business district. He noted that another indigenous Tanzanian businessman, IPP executive chairman Reginald Mengi, also once faced unexpected obstacles when he tried to develop real estate in the city centre.

''Even my friend (Reginald) Mengi was also looking for a plot here within the city centre. Where is that plot? They eventually chased him away�the plot was near the British High Commission offices,'' said Mkono.

According to the Musoma Rural legislator, foreigners have always been against indigenous businessmen owning banks in Tanzania or developing real estate within the Dar es Salaam CBD.

He alleged that there were people, whom he did not name, conspiring against the establishment of Bank M and subsequently out to wage a smear campaign against the soon-to-be launched institution.

Stating his vision for the new bank, he explained that the 'M' stands for 'Mkombozi', and the bank was planning to penetrate ''deep into the rural areas where most of the other commercial banks are shying away from.''

''No foreign bank will come to uplift the poorest of the poor in Tanzania,'' he asserted.

He declined to comment on the backgrounds of some of the other shareholders of the bank, saying such checks on criminal records or otherwise was the job of the police and the Bank of Tanzania (BoT).

''If there are people with criminal records, that is not for me to tell�there are state organs responsible for that,'' Mkono said.

Other listed shareholders of Bank M are Jayant Kumar Patel, better known as Jeetu Patel, of Noble Azania Investments Limited; Vimal Mehta of Negus Holdings Limited; and Fidha Rashid, a real estate developer and car dealer representing Africarriers.

Mkono is listed as a shareholder through another of his companies, Equity and Allied Limited. Other listed shareholders
of the bank are Sanjeev Kumar, local banker, and Bhaskaran Nair, business executive.

The amount of listed share capital invested by each shareholder in the business venture is as follows: Negus Holdings Ltd (1.3bn/-), Noble Azania Investments Ltd (1.3bn/-), Africarriers Ltd (1.3bn/-), Equity and Allied Limited (1.3bn/-), Mr Kumar (650m/-) and Mr Nair (650m/-).

Stating that he had in his capacity as a lawyer played a big role in the establishment of several banks operating in Tanzania today including Barclays Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, NBC and National Microfinance Bank, Mkono offered the rhetorical argument: ''If I taught the world how to bank, why shouldn�t I have a bank of my own?''

He said Bank M would be run according to highest professional and financial standards.

Asked about the bank's registered office at Number 8 Ocean Road in the city - a building owned by former president Mkapa and his wife Anna - Mkono denied doing any business with the former State House couple apart from the fact that ''I am simply a tenant and that was the only available building at the time.''

Mkono: My vision for Bank 'M'

THISDAY REPORTER
Dar es Salaam

PROMINENT Dar es Salaam lawyer Nimrod Mkono yesterday for the first time revealed details about the process of establishing the forthcoming Bank M (Tanzania) Limited, including the fact that the mysterious 'M' stands for 'Mkombozi' (liberator) in the context of indigenous economic empowerment.

Addressing a speedily-called news conference at his offices in the city, the managing partner of the renowned Mkono & Company Advocates firm also displayed remarkable eloquence in arguing how members of the indigenous business community were hampered by what could loosely be called institutionalized discrimination favouring minority community businessmen.

Mkono, who is also Member of Parliament for the Musoma Rural Constituency, acknowledged that he had entered into a partnership with wealthy and well-connected businessmen of Asian extraction for the ambitious Bank M project. He said this was a result of his own past experiences which suggested that without entering into a joint venture with prominent businessmen of Asian origin, indigenous businessmen had little hope of getting a licence for setting up a commercial bank - let alone attract sufficient deposits necessary for operation.

''Believe me; if you are black, it is very difficult to succeed in this country. Sometimes you have to partner with light-skinned people just to get things done,'' said Mkono, who convened the media conference in reaction to a front-page news article regarding the upcoming bank published by THISDAY on Monday.

By February this year, Mkono was the only indigenous Tanzanian shareholder of Bank M (Tanzania) Limited, with the rest of the shareholders and co-owners being businessmen of Asian extraction.

He narrated his own personal struggle to launch a private commercial bank, starting back in 1991 when he said he joined forces with another prominent indigenous businessman, Iddi Simba, with a shared dream to establish what would have been called 'Shilingi House Bank'.

Said Mkono: ''However, until today, the bank that I envisioned with Mr Simba has been a non-starter simply because I am an indigenous Tanzanian (Mswahili).''

Simba later ventured into politics and became minister responsible for industry and trade during the early years of the third phase government under former president Benjamin Mkapa. He is well-remembered as a vocal supporter of economic 'Uzawa' (indigenousness), and has since retired from politics.

Mkono yesterday also narrated how he was denied a plot to build the 'Shilingi House Bank in Dar es Salaam's central business district. He noted that another indigenous Tanzanian businessman, IPP executive chairman Reginald Mengi, also once faced unexpected obstacles when he tried to develop real estate in the city centre.

''Even my friend (Reginald) Mengi was also looking for a plot here within the city centre. Where is that plot? They eventually chased him away the plot was near the British High Commission offices,'' said Mkono.

According to the Musoma Rural legislator, foreigners have always been against indigenous businessmen owning banks in Tanzania or developing real estate within the Dar es Salaam CBD.

He alleged that there were people, whom he did not name, conspiring against the establishment of Bank M and subsequently out to wage a smear campaign against the soon-to-be launched institution.

Stating his vision for the new bank, he explained that the 'M' stands for 'Mkombozi', and the bank was planning to penetrate ''deep into the rural areas where most of the other commercial banks are shying away from.''

''No foreign bank will come to uplift the poorest of the poor in Tanzania,'' he asserted.

He declined to comment on the backgrounds of some of the other shareholders of the bank, saying such checks on criminal records or otherwise was the job of the police and the Bank of Tanzania (BoT).

''If there are people with criminal records, that is not for me to tell there are state organs responsible for that,'' Mkono said.

Other listed shareholders of Bank M are Jayant Kumar Patel, better known as Jeetu Patel, of Noble Azania Investments Limited; Vimal Mehta of Negus Holdings Limited; and Fidha Rashid, a real estate developer and car dealer representing Africarriers.

Mkono is listed as a shareholder through another of his companies, Equity and Allied Limited. Other listed shareholders
of the bank are Sanjeev Kumar, local banker, and Bhaskaran Nair, business executive.

The amount of listed share capital invested by each shareholder in the business venture is as follows: Negus Holdings Ltd (1.3bn/-), Noble Azania Investments Ltd (1.3bn/-), Africarriers Ltd (1.3bn/-), Equity and Allied Limited (1.3bn/-), Mr Kumar (650m/-) and Mr Nair (650m/-).

Stating that he had in his capacity as a lawyer played a big role in the establishment of several banks operating in Tanzania today including Barclays Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, NBC and National Microfinance Bank, Mkono offered the rhetorical argument: ''If I taught the world how to bank, why shouldn't I have a bank of my own?''

He said Bank M would be run according to highest professional and financial standards.

Asked about the bank's registered office at Number 8 Ocean Road in the city - a building owned by former president Mkapa and his wife Anna - Mkono denied doing any business with the former State House couple apart from the fact that ''I am simply a tenant and that was the only available building at the time.''

Mtanzania
Kula 5!

1. Sisi Watanzania we are so proud we have attracted so many foreign investors! Na tunajipiga kifua kuwa hawa ndo wana mtaji! Tunawapigia magoti- tunawafuta miguu! Na tunasema hayo ndo maendeleo! Mimi ningependa affirmative action ya serikali say kutenga 200 billion kila mwaka targeted to give loans to our nationals to enable them to compete with foreign investors! Kama ilivyo Black Empowerment ya South Africa!

2. Huwezi kuwa na watoto wako kama mzazi ukasema hawawezi- na hawana entrepreneurship skills na mitaji- then unaencourage watoto wa watu wengine waje kuwekeza na kukutawala! Sasa unakuwa baba wa namna gani?
Wape uwezo na nafasi- wajifunze! Hata Mkono amekaa angaalia akaungana na akina Jitu Patel na Hao Wahindi webgine- kama Serikali ingeanza 20 years ago- sii tungekuwa mbali kiasi? Watu wananunua share- ila bado ni kidogo2 sana- tuna NICO- ila bado mtaji kidogo!

Hii serikali bado haina vision ya mikakati mipya kuwaendeleza wazawa wazalendo ndo maana tunaendelea kuwa nyuma na kutawaliwa!

''Believe me; if you are black, it is very difficult to succeed in this country. Sometimes you have to partner with light-skinned people just to get things done,'' said Mkono,
who makes it difficult for Blacks to get anything in this country if not fellow Blacks? 'Light-skinned' are businessmen; how come they are the ones who makes it possible for Blacks to go through the govt channels?
The right sentence should be "Believe me, it is very difficult to raise sufficient money to establish a bank in this country through lawful means; such that you have to hide behind the names of some well-known light-skinned people to get away with it.."

Nakumbuka this day walitoa vielelezo vilivyooonyesha ushiriki wa BM katika bank hiyo; This Day watakuwa walidanganya au ni Mkono anadanganya; na kama ni Mkono anadanganya ili kumlinda BM basi huyu ni wa kuchukuliwa hatua kwa kudanganya umma wa wa wadanganyika

who makes it difficult for Blacks to get anything in this country if not fellow Blacks? 'Light-skinned' are businessmen; how come they are the ones who makes it possible for Blacks to go through the govt channes?
The right sentence should be "Believe me, it is very difficult to raise sufficient money to establish a bank in this country through lawful means; such that you have to hide behind the names of some well-known light-skinned people to get away with it.."

Nakumbuka this day walitoa vielelezo vilivyooonyesha ushiriki wa BM katika bank hiyo; This Day watakuwa walidanganya au ni Mkono anadanganya; na kama ni Mkono anadanganya ili kumlinda BM basi huyu ni wa kuchukuliwa hatua kwa kudanganya umma wa wa wadanganyika

Mwendapole,
Mimi najiuliza- was it absolutely necessary and inevitable to join hands with hao Wahindi? Je Hakuna Waafrika wenye mtaji mkubwa? Hao akina Mengi walikataa kuungana nae? Kuja jambo limejificha!
We wait and see- things will evolve and come into light!

Mwendapole,
Mimi najiuliza- was it absolutely necessary and inevitable to join hands with hao Wahindi? Je Hakuna Waafrika wenye mtaji mkubwa? Hao akina Mengi walikataa kuungana nae? Kuja jambo limejificha!
We wait and see- things will evolve and come into light!

Jibu ni rahisi; wahindi huwa hawaulizwi wamepata wapi pesa... M-bantu mwenzio naye ni suspect!

Jibu ni rahisi; wahindi huwa hawaulizwi wamepata wapi pesa... M-bantu mwenzio naye ni suspect!

I like that!! Whitch hunting....... (JOKE).

Mimi sioni tatizo la black empowerment TZ. Lakini hii ni tofauti ya RSA ya akina Ramaposa. Hii 75 % ya envestors ni wahindi (as ussual)halafu ni nani ambaye amekuwa empowered Nimrod Mkono?

Serikali imesaidia nini kwenye hii process? In TZ usipokuwa kwenye politics ni vigumu mno kupenetrate na kuinvest big. Mkono alishajua hayo ndyo sababu akajiingiza kwenye siasa ana sasa anajitanua!

Mkono anavyo taka ni kutakasa hiyo hela haramu. Ya kwake na hao Share holders wenzake.

Anataka kuleta Usani wa Ku Mkomboa Mtanzania. Na huo mtaji wameutoa hapo hapo Bongo, kama wa Mzindakaya, halafu wanataka kujitetea kuwa tuna wivu wa mtu mweusi asi-invest.

Na hao Affricariers nao mtaji ni wetu through tax exmption and avoidance na uatapeli wa kila aina.

Na hivi kwanini hao shareholders wanajificha ficha, kwa kutumia hayo makampuni ya wahindi.

Maana what they do ni kwamba Shareholder Mweusi anakuwa serekali, anapitisha maamuzi kwa shareholder mwingine ambaye ana kuwa ni Front of those company, na kwa sababu hiyo kama sheria hairuhusu kutaja majina ya shareholder , basi hata bungeni hawata peleka sheria ya namna hii, kwa sababu inawaruhusu wao kujificha.

Hivi huyu Mkono anafanya kazi yake kama mbunge saa ngapi?? Maana kila kukicha ni kesi business. Hivi maadili ya wabunge ni yapi na mipaka yao ya kazi ni ipi? Naomaba kuuliza!!!

Huyu bwana ilibidi achunguzwe mienendo yake lakini sisi Tanzania bwana tunamuachia tu kama vile yeye ni chosen one angalia:

hapa

Mtanganyika,
mimi namkubali Mzee Mkono kwa juhudi zake za kusaidia elimu jimboni kwake. Kama kuna sehemu ana kula at least anakumbuka kusaidia jimbo lake.

Kila mwanasiasa/kiongozi Tanzania ni mlarushwa. Hakuna msafi. Tatizo ni kwamba wengi wapo hapo kula tuuu hawakumbuki kusaidia constituencies zao.

That is his Jimbo, he is obligated to help. I don't give five for something that he is obligation to do. Kula Rushwa is not a legal activities my friend, kama mtu ni mla rushwa unaitaji kukemea, I dont care how many times you will kemea, but keep do it.

You know what i worry? is My children, will they be able to enjoy my country? Or will they said dad that is the rotten place, when you start to worry about your children you will understand why we have kukemea all upuuzi wa viongozi.

Siye huyu mbunge ambaye anatumia kampuni yake kujitajirisha yeye mwenyewe binafsi na kuwatajirisha wageni kutoka nje kwa mikataba mibovu? Siye yeye aliyetumia kampuni yake kuihujumu Tanzania kwa mikataba mibovu? Huyu mzee ni sawa na ukoma ukikuingia hautoki.

Hawa si ndio walio kuwa wakimpinga Nyerere na viwanda vya Bora, sasa hao hao wanatutaka tununue product za tanzania kwa sababu viwanda ni vyao, sio Bora shoe au Mwatex ya wakati ule

Back
Top Bottom