Advocate Maira is no more!

Nyani,
You do not want to hear the rest of it. Ngoja nimzike babu yangu. I knew of his kids here in America, well they are much younger than me. The closest by age was married in 1990. The others really close are back in DSM. First I do not want to call people in DSM based on some facts thrown in Jamii forums, we have seen that happen (Sheikh Yahya), secondly, I really need to be sure. Third, my relative practiced polygamy to its best. So I am only close to the kids of his first wife and not the others. Hope you get it.

Not a problem my friend. I hear you loud and clear.

Oh my god!Oh my god i am so shocked about Mr Maira!....Rest in peace Poleni akina Irene jamani!....I know mzee Miara very well nimesoma na mtoto wake Irene ambaye na yeye sasa hivi ni lawyer pia ana-practise kwenye ofisini ya marehemu baba yake....

bwana ametoa na bwana ametwaa!....Tumeumbwa kwa majivu na tutarudi kwa majivu..

Amen!,....

My thoughts go out to the family--know that you have my greatest sympathy, and my heart is truly saddened. My sincere thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pumzika kwa amani Mzee Maira.

Mkono wa amani na salama Mkono wa pole uawaendee familia,watoto ndugu na jamaa wote wa mzee Moses Maira. Uzima wa milele umpe ee bwana na mwanga wa milele umwangazie astarehe kwa amani. Amina.

2009-04-22 01:01:00

Top Zombe advocate dies in hospital in US

By Bernard James

THE CITIZEN
Mr Maira died in the United States yesterday, according to close relatives.

The lead defence counsel in the murder trial of former Dar es Salaam regional crime officer Abdallah Zombe, Mr Moses Maira, has died.

Mr Maira, a prominent Dar es Salaam advocate, who went to the United States for a medical check-up last February, died in the wee hours of yesterday at Bentab Hospital in Houston Texas. He was 65 years old.

He becomes the second key personality in the high-profile case against Mr Zombe and eight fellow police officers, to die in less than a month.

The first was one of Mr Zombe�s co-accused, Corporal Rashid Lema, who passed away, on April 3.

The lawyer's death is a setback for the defence team, which was preparing for the case, whose hearing is set to resume next Tuesday, for its final stretch. His brother-in-law, Mr Elvis Musiba, told The Citizen in Dar es Salaam last evening that Mr Maira died of Kidney failureMr Maira, whose two children, one of whom is a medical doctor, live in the US, had been undergoing treatment since he arrived in America in February.

According to relatives, Mr Maira had previously sought medical treatment in the US three times and returned to Dar es Salaam.

Family members and professional colleagues in Dar es Salaam converged on home immediately after news of his death was broken.
Mr Musiba, a former president of the Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, said arrangements were being made to fly in his body home.

He said the details of the body's arrival and burial arrangements would be announced later.

The talented advocate had been expected to put up a spirited defence of his client, Mr Zombe.

The Dar es Salaam regional crime officer and eight other police officers have denied murdering three gemstone dealers and a taxi driver in the city in 2006.

Mr Jerome Msemwa, who was stunned by the news of his death, was assisting Mr Maira in the Zombe defence team.

"The legal fraternity has lost a brave lawyer and a teacher of law practice. So many good advocates have prospered under his tutelage," said Mr Msemwa.

Mr Maira led the defence team up until February, when Court of Appeal Judge Salum Massati adjourned the case.

He soon left for the US.
Yesterday, Mr Msemwa said: "He had laid down a strong base for the defence team before he left. There is no gap which he left unfilled".

The lawyer said it was up to the prosecution to prove its case.
The last time Mr Maira appeared in court was on February 4, when he pleaded for the release of his client, saying that he had no case to answer.

He asked the court to declare that his client "has no case to answer because the evidence brought against him is a fabrication and mere hearsay full of contradictions".

Earlier this month, Detective Corporal Lema died at Ocean Road Cancer Institute (Orci) in Dar es Salaam, leaving Mr Zombe and eight other officers to answer the murder charges.

His death was a setback for the prosecution, which had used his confession statement to prove in court that the police officers have a case to answer.

Mr Lema, who went into hiding after the killings that shocked the nation, came out a few weeks later to tell the investigators that he was ready to reveal the truth. He said the traders and the taxi driver had been slain in his presence.

He said the four men did not resist when they were arrested at Sinza and taken to Pande Forest, where they were murdered in cold blood.
Mr Lema also said in his caution statement that the men were killed on the orders of Mr Zombe, who allegedly gave the directive over the telephone.

Gazeti linatoa hadithi ya kesi ya Zombe badala ya profile ya subject wa news story. Kesi yenyewe, alichofanya, wanasema he filed a motion for dismissal. Every defense attorney worth his name atajaribu hiyo motion mwanzoni kabisa mwa kesi. It ain't nothing. Ya Zombe hayawakilishi profile ya kazi ya maisha ya Maira. For the life of me I couldn't figure why hii profession ya uandishi imekufa. It ain't cosmic physics.

Oh Mzee Maira jamani!
It is sad but true that you are no more.....
You will be very much missed by the legal fraternity...
I have so many reasons why I should mourn your sad demise.
REST IN PEACE AND MAY THE ALMIGHTY GRANT YOU HIS GRACE AMEN!

Poleni sana wafiwa....Mungu amlaze pema peponi...aliyofanya ni mengi na mema sana.....poleni sana wafiwa RIP.M.Maira.

RIP Moses Maira.
Mr. Maira died in Houston, Texas on April 22, early in the moringi (central time). I believe the body of marehemu Maira will arrive in Tanzania sometime next week.

Lakini alitia aibu yeye na Mkono walipokuwa wanapigana madongo hadharani wakibishana nani ana hela zaidi, mara oooh, wewe umechukua miaka minne kumaliza kakozi ka mwaka mmoja, mara mimi ni lawyer mtenda maajabu kuliko wewe. Ilikuwa ni kuvunjiana heshima na proffesion yao mpaka Bar wakawaambia knock it off.

...Mkuu hii siyo mahala pake hapa maana hayupo kujitetea au kuboresha alichosema. Nakusihi weka tofauti pembeni usimkaripie wala kumuonya kwa mapungufu yake kwa sasa. HAYUPO

ametangulia mbele ya haki amaenyamaa kimya akisubiri tumpatie haki zake za msingi za mazishi ya stahiki yake ili nasi tumfuate baadaye kila mtu kwa wakati wake na namna yake.

Pole kwa wafiwa. naamini kuna siku watu watasoma ktk wasifu wangu kwamba MSANII alikuwa member wa JF ktk uhai wake.

My thoughts go out to the family--know that you have my greatest sympathy, and my heart is truly saddened. My sincere thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pumzika kwa amani Mzee Maira.

...kisura nimeipenda Avatar yako, vipi walumendago washafanya mambo?? nani kapiga hiyo free kick?

Nyani,
You do not want to hear the rest of it. Ngoja nimzike babu yangu. I knew of his kids here in America, well they are much younger than me. The closest by age was married in 1990. The others really close are back in DSM. First I do not want to call people in DSM based on some facts thrown in Jamii forums, we have seen that happen (Sheikh Yahya), secondly, I really need to be sure. Third, my relative practiced polygamy to its best. So I am only close to the kids of his first wife and not the others. Hope you get it.

claims za mirathi zimeshaanza kusheheni now.
wow

...Mkuu hii siyo mahala pake hapa maana hayupo kujitetea au kuboresha alichosema. Nakusihi weka tofauti pembeni usimkaripie wala kumuonya kwa mapungufu yake kwa sasa. HAYUPO

ametangulia mbele ya haki amaenyamaa kimya akisubiri tumpatie haki zake za msingi za mazishi ya stahiki yake ili nasi tumfuate baadaye kila mtu kwa wakati wake na namna yake.

Pole kwa wafiwa. naamini kuna siku watu watasoma ktk wasifu wangu kwamba MSANII alikuwa member wa JF ktk uhai wake.

Well said Msanii!

...kisura nimeipenda Avatar yako, vipi walumendago washafanya mambo?? nani kapiga hiyo free kick?

Sina uhakika kama hayo maneno yako ni mahala pake hapa......!

RIP Maira

RIP Mzee wangu Maira,nakumbuka tulivyokuwa tunaburudika na vitu bariiiidi pale Meeda Sinza,Sisi tulikupenda ila bwana amekupenda zaidi... Bwana ametoa Bwana ametwaa jina la Bwana lihimidiwe...

....Sina uhakika kama hayo maneno yako ni mahala pake hapa......!

RIP Maira

Mkuu hujawahi kuhudhuria ktk misiba weye??
kwa wengine ndo mahali tunapopatia nyumba ndogo kaka. hujiulizi kwa nini akina mama hujifunga kanga wakiwa msibani.

RIP advocate Maira. May God the almighty, rest his soul in eternal peace. Amen!!

Back
Top Bottom