After he is gone, then what?

With strengthening institution he has willingly failed. He's just happy doing it alone; creating problems and then stage-manage problems solving fora.
Does 'Kikokotoo' and the infamous 'coral' show, ring a bell?
I have no doubt with his stand against grand corruption, but I think that,the best thing JPM can do it is to ensure there would be strong Institutions which shall act reagardles who is power since it wont be possible to have another Magufuli.Withouth strong governance Institutions,I have no doubt that come 2026 all the gains we have realized in just four years of his presidency would be history .

Wasukuma akili zenu hivi zikoje?

Kwamba tubadili katiba yetu ili tu imruhusu mtu mmoja atutawale Hadi afe?

Hivi mnamaanisha kabisaaa kutoka kwenye dhamira zenu au mnakua mnatania tu?

Ana upekee gani huyu?!

Yamekuwa ya Wasukuma tena?

Ndiyo maana yake. Maana anakuwa kaishaibadili mfumo na mfumo mpya kuwa stable. Maana tukisema amalize 2025.Huyo atakaekuja ataturudisha nyuma kuliko hata ilivyokuwa mwanzoni.
Kwamba katika Watanzania karibu million 60 hatapatikana yeyote afaaye mpaka ilazimu kurekebisha katiba yetu ili tu Magufuli msukuma wa Chato aendelee kuongeza mpaka Mungu atakapomchukua?

Nyie watu acheni ushabiki wa Kikabila.

The human rights crisis in Tanzania unleashed since President Magufuli took office in June 2015 deepened in 2017 as Magufuli continued his murderous

Democracy is under assault and in retreat around the globe, a crisis that has intensified as Tanzania’s democratic standards erode at an accelerating pace

Britanicca

It takes strong men to implement strong institutions.
Sasa huyu mnayemshabikia kwamba atawale milele ametengeneza taasisi zipi imara?

Zaidi ya kuzinyong'onyeza kwa kuzipunguzia nguvu na nguvu hizo kuzitwaa yeye?

Hebu tuache UNAFIKI Tujenge tabia za Kuziambia nafsi zetu yaliyo ya kweli kwa usahihi wake.

It takes strong men to implement strong institutions.

..YES.

..we need men and women to run those institutions.

..but some ppl want us to believe that Magufuli, can run everything by himself, and if he is not in power the country will survive.

Nyani Ngabu unapendekeza nini??maana kwa mwandiko wako inaonekana hatuna alternative kabisa,ni yeye tu peke yake kati ya watanzania million 55 anayeweza kuiongoza nchi,pendekezo la taasisi imara inaonekana nalo hulitaki kwa kuhofia aina ya watanzania wanaoziongoza hizo taasisi...
Unaposema taasisi imara una maana gani labda mkuu? Watu imara? watu waaminifu? Aunde kitengo maalum? Ninini?

President Magufuli.

It’s like he’s the only one who cares.

The only one who’s at least trying to do something about it.

It seems like he is fighting it all by his lonesome.

After he is gone, after he is no longer president, then what?

Will things revert back to how they were before he took the reigns of power?

I don’t have the answers to those questions so I will just have to wait for Father Time to tell me.

But such are the pernicious effects of unchecked venality.

People got so used to cutting corners in just about everything imaginable.

Corruption, grand and petty, became the norm.

Then he came along and tried to upset the apple cart. And to no surprise but to the chagrin of some of us, the pushback he’s getting makes us scratch our heads.

For years many people have been virtue signaling about the pervasiveness of corruption in the country.

Then it’s these same people who are now against the efforts made to combat it.

I don’t get it and maybe I’ll never get it.

I lay blame squarely on CCM for fostering it. They are the ones who created this ogre of corruption and allowed it to grow to uncontrollable levels.

It’s sad to see even what would seemingly be minor projects being micromanaged by the president.

Like, without his direct supervision nothing will ever get done.

Sometimes I wonder if we even know what we really want!

Sad state of affairs.
The folly of Magufuli is in his lacking a decidedly comprehensive approach towards whatever he is doing or saying.

As a result, he is running things by fits and whims, in an uncoordinated and uninformed way. Hapharzardly. Almost like a small office manager trying to use the same two bit tactics to run a country and deal with geopolitical espionage.

If one wants to do much, one must prepare very much. Magufuli is piloting a Boeing M737 Max on autopilot and an empty fuel tank. A recipe for disaster.

Apart from the banal not very impressive low hanging fruits of infrastructural improvements here and there, as well as intangibles like discipline (arguably fear based fake discipline) in government. I do not see how a person who insults even his key aides can get much accomplished. He fails at the most basic of leadership tenets.

He is bound to be caricatured by history as someone who did not know how to swim who jumped too quickly in the ocean and refused a line of help.

He is a one man army who clubs even friendly soldiers, setting himself an easy target for the malady of "development fatigue".

He will end up creating fake success stories (I am just watching how ATC unfolds) in order to pat himself in the back.

What's next? Unfortunately he is ruining the chances of real and calculating reformers.People with sense and a fresh taste of the vagaries of Magufulism will reject serious reforms as another exercise in futility.

..YES.

..but some ppl want us to believe that Magufuli, can run everything by himself, and if he is not in power the country will survive.
Mnachokisema kiko very imaginary unless sielewi na niko tayari kueleweshwa....
Watu imara watoke wapi wakati tunajijua watz wote madhaifu yetu? Kuna watu ama iundwe timu ya kijeshi kama SWAT?

..YES.

Propose a list mkuu ya taasisi imara... it might make more sense

Institutions are people, though. Right?

..but the way you presented your arguments it is as if we dont need institutions, and ppl are useless, we only need John Pombe Joseph Magufuli.

..just to remind you, there were ppl who thought the country can not survive without Mwalimu Nyerere being our President.

..once Mwalimu vacated the Presidency,some apprehensive that Tanzania "tutasambaratika" if Mwalimu died.

..But we are still here, and moving on with our efforts to make our country better for every Tanzanian.

Mnachokisema kiko very imaginary unless sielewi na niko tayari kueleweshwa....
Watu imara watoke wapi wakati tunajijua watz wote madhaifu yetu? Kuna watu ama iundwe timu ya kijeshi kama SWAT?

..waTz wote ni madhaifu including Magufuli?

..au waTz wote ni madhaifu excluding Magufuli?

..sasa Magufuli ana masaada gani ktk jamii ya namna hiyo?

..but the way you presented your arguments it is as if we dont need institutions, and ppl are useless, we only need John Pombe Joseph Magufuli.

..just to remind you, there were ppl who thought the country can not survive without Mwalimu Nyerere being our President.

..once Mwalimu vacated the Presidency,some apprehensive that Tanzania "tutasambaratika" if Mwalimu died.

..But we are still here, and moving on with our efforts to make our country better for every Tanzanian.

Yes, we never disintegrated after Mwalimu left but look how things turned out.

And by no means am I saying we can’t survive without Magufuli.

We will.

But, what will that survival be like?

Back
Top Bottom