US Singer & Actress Whitney Houston Dies Aged 48

Ng'wanza Madaso

JF-Expert Member
Oct 21, 2008
Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer – 4 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.

Up-To-Date: Whitney Houston continuous story

Whitney Houston Funeral

'This is their private time': Thousands of fans left disappointed as Whitney Houston's family decide on private invitation-only funeral for 300 people in Newark church
Dailymail

Whitney Houston Funeral Arrangements Announced
(CNS) Posted Tuesday February 14, 2012– 4:00pm
The body of Whitney Houston today was in her home state of New Jersey, where private funeral services are expected to be held later this week.
A plane owned by actor-producer Tyler Perry left Van Nuys Airport around 3:15 p.m. Monday and landed Monday night at Teterboro Airport, from where a hearse transported the body to a funeral home in Newark, where Houston was born.
bhcourier

Whitney Houston estate to gain; private funeral Saturday in NJ

LOS ANGELES - Whitney Houston's career is getting a post-mortem boost, but it isn't likely to be as big as the one that enriched the King of Pop's estate after his death.

Like the late Michael Jackson, Houston was in the midst of an attempted career revival. She was found dead at age 48 on Saturday in her Los Angeles hotel room on the eve of the Grammys, a stage she once ruled.

bangordailynews
article-0-11C1AB28000005DC-340_634x784.jpg

Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer – 4 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.

Kwa mujibu wa CNN, mwamba huyu wa muziki laini ametutoka, tutumie thread hii kujikumbusha mipini yake na maisha yake kwa ujumla, i will always love you ofcourse is everyone's favorite.

She was 48 yrs old, all her fans, as one of them we'll always miss her...!

Dayuuum! Just a day before the Grammy's!!!

Just last week she was seen with her boo thang Ray J and she appeared to be healthy from the outside looking in...

She was the diva of all divas! Very sad!

Mediatakeout.com is reporting 'suicide' is suspected....

But that's mediatakeout...everything from there you gotta take it with a grain of salt.

r-WHITNEY-HOUSTON-DEAD-DIES-huge.jpg

Dead at 48!!!

Whitney Houston is dead at 48-years-old, according to the Associated Press.

The superstar singer and actress's publicist, Kristin Foster,
broke the news of Houston's passing to the AP, but thus far, no cause of death has been revealed. In recent years, she struggled with drug abuse.

Her self-titled debut album, released in 1985, sold 25 million copies worldwide. In total, she released seven albums and three film soundtracks; a winner of six Grammys, Houston sold over 200 million albums and singles worldwide. She earned 30 Billboard Awards, 22 American Music Awards and two Emmy Awards.

From The AP:

At her peak, Houston the golden girl of the music industry. From the middle 1980s to the late 1990s, she was one of the world's best-selling artists. She wowed audiences with effortless, powerful, and peerless vocals that were rooted in the black church but made palatable to the masses with a pop sheen.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies, where she starred in hits like "The Bodyguard" and "Waiting to Exhale."

She had the he perfect voice, and the perfect image: a gorgeous singer who had sex appeal but was never overtly sexual, who maintained perfect poise.

She influenced a generation of younger singers, from Christina Aguilera to Mariah Carey, who when she first came out sounded so much like Houston that many thought it was Houston.

But by the end of her career, Houston became a stunning cautionary tale of the toll of drug use. Her album sales plummeted and the hits stopped coming; her once serene image was shattered by a wild demeanor and bizarre public appearances. She confessed to abusing cocaine, marijuana and pills, and her once pristine voice became raspy and hoarse, unable to hit the high notes as she had during her prime.

"The biggest devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy," Houston told ABC's Diane Sawyer in an infamous 2002 interview with then-husband Brown by her side.

It was a tragic fall for a superstar who was one of the top-selling artists in pop music history, with more than 55 million records sold in the United States alone.

She seemed to be born into greatness. She was the daughter of gospel singer Cissy Houston, the cousin of 1960s pop diva Dionne Warwick and the goddaughter of Aretha Franklin.

Houston first started singing in the church as a child. In her teens, she sang backup for Chaka Khan, Jermaine Jackson and others, in addition to modeling. It was around that time when music mogul Clive Davis first heard Houston perform.

"The time that I first saw her singing in her mother's act in a club ... it was such a stunning impact," Davis told "Good Morning America."

"To hear this young girl breathe such fire into this song. I mean, it really sent the proverbial tingles up my spine," he added.

Before long, the rest of the country would feel it, too. Houston made her album debut in 1985 with "Whitney Houston," which sold millions and spawned hit after hit. "Saving All My Love for You" brought her her first Grammy, for best female pop vocal. "How Will I Know," "You Give Good Love" and "The Greatest Love of All" also became hit singles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dead-sing_n_1270889.html

What a sad news. Rest in Peace madame. Why they always die so young jamani.

Last edited by a moderator:
9 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom