Rais Ramaphosa amfuta kazi Mshauri wa Uchumi baada ya kuibuka utata kuhusu Elimu yake

BARD AI

JF-Expert Member
Jul 24, 2018
1706016866823.png

AFRIKA KUSINI: Rais Cyril Ramaphosa amemuondoa kazini Dkt. Thabi Leoka ambaye ni mmoja kati ya Washauri wake katika masuala ya Uchumi kufuatia hoja zilizoanza kuibuliwa kuhusu uhalali wa sifa zake Kitaaluma.

Kwa mujibu wake Dkt. Leoka anadai alipata 'PhD' yake kutoka Chuo Kikuu cha London (LSE), hata hivyo Gazeti la Daily Maverick limesema limefanya uchunguzi wake katika chuo hicho na halijaona taarifa za mchumi huyo.

Kutokana na kashfa hiyo, Dkt. Leoka ametangaza kujiuzulu nafasi zake katika Bodi za Kampuni kubwa Nchini Afrika kusini ambazo ni Mtandao wa Simu wa MTN SA na kampuni ya Madini ya Anglo American Platinum Limited.

Katika miaka ya hivi karibuni, suala la uhalali wa Elimu za baadhi ya Watumishi wa Umma limekuwa likichukua vichwa vya habari katika mataifa mbalimbali ingawa baadhi ya Nchi zikiwemo za Afrika zimekuwa zikisuasua kuchukua hatua stahiki kwa wahusika
=========

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has dropped a high-profile economist from an advisory panel as questions are being raised about her PhD.

Thabi Leoka has said that the London School of Economics (LSE) awarded the degree but journalists from the online Daily Maverick have said they have not been able to find a record of it.

Last week, Ms Leoka denied misrepresenting her qualification.

On Monday, she resigned from the boards of two well-known companies.

Mining company Anglo American Platinum Limited said Ms Leoka stepped down from her position as a non-executive director "in order to attend to her health and the questions she has been facing in relation to her academic qualifications".

Mobile phone company MTN SA released a similar statement.

On the same day, she was told about "the immediate termination of her membership in the Presidential Economic Advisory Council", Mr Ramaphosa's spokesman Vincent Magwenya told the BBC.

Membership of the body "does not require formal vetting", he said.

The council advises on "economic policies that spur inclusive growth", according to the presidency's website.

In earlier comments to the Daily Maverick, which had asked for evidence of her qualification, Ms Leoka had said that she had been busy and not had the time to get hold of her degree certificate.

"I'm not based in [South Africa] full time... I have been at the Miami Bascom Palmer Eye Hospital as I have glaucoma and have since lost sight in my right eye," she said to the online publication.

"You also don't have my names as reflected on my degrees," she added.

Last week, she said she was about to undergo surgery.

When asked on Radio 702 "have you misrepresented your qualifications?", she responded: "The answer is a straight no."

She also said that she had qualified under a different name which was why the LSE was not able to find evidence of her PhD when asked by journalists.

Ms Leoka has become a well-known commentator and economist in South Africa, serving on several boards as well as advising the government.

BBC

Tanzania sijui mtu akutwe na kashfa gani ndio ajiuzulu hzo kashfa za elimu ndio nyingiii

Huku bongo angeambiwa aendelee kuchapa kazi kwa sababu sipangiwi.

Kwa sura hiyo alishindwa kupata PhD kweli? Wanamwonea wivu tu.

South Africa kukosa wale Wazungu kungekuwa kama Zambia, Zimbabwe,Takataka nyingine za Africa hovyo tuuuu

Back
Top Bottom