Kikwete: A Failure in Leadership - National Vision and Dream Defaulted

Exactly Companero kwanza nipe tano, na kwa kuanzia hapo TUCTA wangetoa Cassete zenye hotuba ya JK na wazee wa Dar halafu wakaiunga kanda hiyo na majibu yao ya hotuba ile na baada ya hapo wakazisambaza ktk wilaya zote na kuziuza kwa bei ndogo ili ujumbe uwafikie mpaka walimu, mabwana shamba, Manesi, akina mama maendeleo etc... walioambiwa hata miaka nane ijayo mshahara huo wanaoomba haupatikani, hii itakuwa hatua nzuri ya kwanza kuhamasisha watanzania na pia Tucta wataingiza pesa kidogo, kwa vile wengi wao watumishi na raia watakuwa hawana pesa basi kanda hizo zitolewe na vipeperushi vya bure ambavyo watapeana kama walivyokuwa wanapeana kijarida cha Cheche, kwa ujumla ile hotuba ya JK ni mtaji na nguvu kubwa hakuna mfano wake, mwenge kesha uwasha mwenyewe kilichobaki ni wakimbizaji wauzungushe kijiji hadi kijiji Tz nzima ili watanzania waelewe kuwa hakuna cha maisha bora hata baada ya miaka nane ijayo, na kwa vile hiyo ni from Horses mouth basi hakuna kitakachokuwa kimeharibika

Most practical contribution thus far!!! Hivi unajua jamii forum inaweza ku contribute kwa kiasi kikubwa sana.
What happens if mimi nijitolee kutengeneza hio tape halafu nitoe copies 20 tu. Kuna wengine wataniunga kuto copies? Lakini I don't think I have the charismatic voice and tone that will be convincing to the public. But I'm willing to donate money to the moderator to make this idea possible!!

I prefer doing something rather than talking.

By. M. M. Mwanakijiji

‘WE THE PEOPLE" are the problem! We are the ones who elect these so called "leaders" a.k.a "our rulers"; we are the ones who attend their political rallies with our faces darkened by hardships of the day looking hopeful for no apparent reason but mere superstitious ones! We are the one who encourage them by cheering their vain promises as if somewhere this failed bunch of rulers would find a way out of our plight simply by giving more appealing promises! We are the ones who continue to pray that somehow the Heavens would change the corrupt regime and that may be heaven would lead them to see the misery of our people and make them care!
this is our main problem, these "leader" do not come into power by miracles we elect them whether knowingly or unknowingly...
My friends, I have bad news for you! corrupt public officials never change! They can not change, they will not change! A corrupt political party can not change at least not in its own volition. No where on earth a political party deep in corruption has ever brought itself out of the unforgiving abyss of corruption! For corruption once entangled in a political system, enshrined in its laws and embedded in the mindsets of the people becomes so dense and destructive just as the pull of gravity in a black hole! Nothing can escape from it; not even light! A corrupt political system will suck in everything that get close to it or try to be brave enough to try to reform it!
Its may be difficult to plan to remove the whole system or the political party deeply rooted to the people, but we can aim at changing the people we elect, use their democratic ways to remove the corrupt and selfish leaders from power, with the current CCM means of choosing a candidate for MP posts or any other, where all the party membrs are involved, we can grow our own new seeds and get people to understand that...
I'm more worried today that after so much we have done in the past four years we have found ourselves lacking clear leadership in our movement for change in the nation. Those whom we expected to provide leadership and push for political reform have backed down and instead they have chosen intellectual ways to argue for reform instead of using political and civil tools to effect it. They do don't understand (or choose not to) that no corrupt regime has been defeated by intellectual or academic exchanges! Their attempts are such of those who would try to convince a pride of lions from hunting for preys. I'm arguing that although we do indeed have a lot of intellectuals at our disposal we are lacking political vision and leadership to effect political reform that we so much long for.
indeed...this is wht is hapening accros the country, everyone wants to write it and show how talented he/she can criticize the same current goverment, but NO ONE has ever showed the way of change, those who do make beutiful commets or send critical post hr or in the media, ae only doing so nd think that it is the end of all, we must be bold enough and come out if we really mean well forour country and better future for the generations, let us stop urguing on walls that few have access to, the majority of the citizens need be told the wrong sides of our leader and should be told the options and how we can bring about chnages for our country, it is the right time now as people are asking themselves lots of questions..teachers,workers...lets use this opportunity to mobilize and eduate people on what should be done...it doent end up on NOT Vote for CCM or JK...lets lead the way and show the options if we mean andwe are guineinely have the will fo better Tanzania.
We are caught then in a situation whose outcome is unpredictable though somewhat expectable and probable; with lack of leadership in the government and in the weak movement for change the possibility is that the same failed leaders would return again to power, easily. If that is the case, do we have to support the same people whom have already failed hoping that they would find some courage within them to rise against all odds and lead the charge towards change no matter the price?
wait to see Chege, RA, EL and others back to power....
Or, should we hope and encourage a new line of leadership unconventional and visionaries at best? Should we look for these leaders even outside the most expected places such as outside the current political formations in the country or abroad? Should we support these leaders once we recognize them or should we wait until we are comfortable enough of their leadership? How would we recognize them if they are not affiliated with any party right now?
To me this is the best way forward to start with,we know each other and know those whom we think could make good leaders,let us talk to them and encourage them, most of them would be willing to move forward if they get a "push" from outside, most people re afraid to go to politics and seek for leadership positions coz they think it need huge money and the system is corrupt, but I beilive if somebody is electable no needs fr that, but again if we support those kind of people and encourage them to come out we can be source of change, my opinion is that we change the system by changing the people first, let those who think they CAN come out and let us know and once e re satisfied with them we will support them and campaign fr them, if we even get 5 people at first and manage to get them into the system it will be a success.

let us not end on writing the right things but we must also Do the right things...

Changes begins with you....

I've always said in order for the country to move forward in a different direction, CCM will have to be booted out of office. They have led the country ever since I can remember and they haven't done diddly squat to improve the lives of ordinary Tanzanians. They have played us for a long time. They have rode us dirty for a long time. So what exactly makes people have faith in them that they are the only ones who can run the country beats me.

Benching these guys will give them an opportunity to do some serious soul searching and hopefully correct what is wrong. Benching them will send a strong message that We the people aren't playing. We don't tolerate mediocrity nor ineptness. CCM is too corrupt to expect change to come from within. The kingmakers within the party are the most corrupt and they wield too much power. So how can one expect change to come from within?

The only way these people can change is to kick them to the curb. Once they are on the outside looking in maybe that will force them to get serious. But let me keep it 100% real. I don't see it (kicking them out) coming in the near future. I'm under no illusion whatsoever that that will happen soon. But I'm still sanguine that one day it will happen. That day will come.

Wakristo watoke kupinga benki ya Kiisalamu ndani ya Stanbic

Mimi ni mkristu lakini hapa sikubaliani na wewe kwa msingi kwamba tatizo siyo kwa vile Rais aliyeko madarakani ni Muislam tatizo ni CCM,; kwani nyakati za Ben kulikuwa na tofauti gani? Tunahitaji kuwa na muono na mtizamo unaofanana na Jicho la Gari moshi ambavyo huwa liko focused.

I mean to give ownership of our current mediocrity to the entire system, starting with the CCM politburo and its apparatchik down to the CCM voter. Kikwete is a prime specimen of this system at it's dysfunction.

Half a century after taking over from the Brits, Kikwete is a not-so-unlikely product of our non-meritocracy. Like his ilk - abound in Tanzania - he lacks in many capacities, including discipline. He is now showing his true colors in preferring tyranny and dictation over leadership (just listen to his transparently Machiavellian, shamefully lackadaisical, criminally redundant, undiplomatic and uncouth TUCTA bashing speech).

The sad undisputed truth is, saving a second peeing on his pants - I consider the TUCTA speech as the political equal of peeing in his pants- and sometimes I doubt even with a repeat of that, he is safely going to Magogoni for another five years.

I had lost all faith in political parties as a serious movement, the little glimmer of hope remained in the trade unions.

Sadly that glimmer is surely being extinguished now.

katika maelezo yote huko juu[ nimeyasoma] jambo moja wengi tunakubaliana nalo ni UHAMASISHAJI katika ngazi zote, kuanzia pale unapoishi, unapofanyia kazi, unaponywea bia, unaposalia, yaani kila mahali, kila mji, kila kijiji, kila jiji...
watu waamke, kwa imani zao, kwa umoja wao.

hapa tukiamka, polisi wajue kuwa wananyonywa sana, waamke, wajizuie kuwa sehemu ya mchakato wa wizi wa kura, Walimu waamke, wajizuie kuiba kura kwaniaba ya CCM Maana nyie ndio wasimamizi wakuu katika vituo vya kupigia kura, Watumishi wa umma waungane, wakatae unyama na matusi ya Kikwete kua wao haitaji kura zenu, mjue mpo zaidi ya laki nne, kwa pamoja mkiungana, na mkihamasisha familia zenu, bila shaka mtakua chachu ya mabadiliko.

Wanawake muamke , mkatae Khanga, vitenge vyao, mnatumika sana wakati wa kampeni, wanawatumia sana katika kuhamasisha, bila shaka ni wakati wakuambiwa unganeni tuwape mikono isio na masharti magumu.
Wamachinga na vijana waangaikaji katika makundi yao waungana kuwakataa wezi hawa wa mali za umma, wakija tusiwasikilize tuwazomee , na tuwanunie.

Wanafunzi huu ni wakati ambao mnatakiwa kumuuliza kikwete iko wapi 100% ya mkopo aliyoahidi pale Diamond Jubilee, mkataeni, ni muongo katika hilo, alisema hakuna mwanafunzi atakaerudishwa nyumbani kwa kukosa ada, leo mahangaiko yamekua makali kwenu kuliko miaka 10 iliopita.

I mean to give ownership of our current mediocrity to the entire system, starting with the CCM politburo and its apparatchik down to the CCM voter. Kikwete is a prime specimen of this system at it's dysfunction.

Half a century after taking over from the Brits, Kikwete is a not-so-unlikely product of our non-meritocracy. Like his ilk - abound in Tanzania - he lacks in many capacities, including discipline. He is now showing his true colors in preferring tyranny and dictation over leadership (just listen to his transparently Machiavellian, shamefully lackadaisical, criminally redundant, undiplomatic and uncouth TUCTA bashing speech).

The sad undisputed truth is, saving a second peeing on his pants - I consider the TUCTA speech as the political equal of peeing in his pants- and sometimes I doubt even with a repeat of that, he is safely going to Magogoni for another five years.

I had lost all faith in political parties as a serious movement, the little glimmer of hope remained in the trade unions.

Sadly that glimmer is surely being extinguished now.

He is another dull , average and compromised politician who will be teleguided by the interests of his kingmakers,the club of bandits mtandao. We must focus on 2010 and ensure our vote counts. Tanzanians will need to look at all the candidates produced by all political parties. They must then pragmatically vote for the 'lesser of all evil' if they are left with no choice due to the lack of democracy within most Tanzanian political parties .

The guy dumped us in a collective shame!!!! There is no need of verbal war against his utterly unverifiable gibberish!

Kwa ajili ya mipango ya muda mrefu, nadhani ni wakati wa dini kuandaa vijana wenye akili, maadili mema, wachapa kazi, wafundishwe juu ya usawa (ili wasiwe wabaguzi) kwa ajili ya kuwa viongozi hapo baadae. Hili si jambo jipya, katika Biblia (Daniel 1: 3 - 5) tunasoma kwamba mfalme wa Iraq (Babylon) Nebuchadnezzar aliwachagua vijana wenye akili ili wafundishwe ili kuja kuwa watumishi wa ikulu. Baada ya muda si mrefu Daniel akawa ndo mkuu wa majimbo yote ya Babylon.

Hapa inaonyesha mipango mizuri ya Serikali katika kuwandaa viongozi wazuri wa baadae. Kwa nchi yetu ni vigumu Serikali kufanya hivyo kwa kuwa ipo corrupt. Dini zinaweza kuchukua nafasi hiyo. Vinginevyo tutaishia kuwa na viongozi kama Mwinyi, Mkapa na sasa Kikwete.

Dhana hii isipotoshwe, sisemi kuwe na watu maalumu kuja kuwa viongozi, bali kuandaa vijana waadilifu, werevu na wazalendo kwa ajili ya Taifa.

i come in peace amigos

count your blessings my brothers. atleast you can bask in the glory that you do not have kibaki as your president.

if tanzanians ever peacefully marched on the streets in large number like kenyans and ugandans do, CCM and kikwete would really wake up because tanzanian political leaders are not dictators and power hungry like their kenyan or ugandan counterparts.

in kenya we have had to fight for everything, from our independence, multi party, the new constitution(after the referendum), the new electoral commission, ongoing land reforms, cheaper prices for food, higher minimum wages and higher salaries etc. EVERYTIME THE KENYAN GOVERNMENT HAS FULFILLED THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE IS BECAUSE KENYANS MARCHED ON THE STREETS AND FOUGHT AGAINST THE POLICE(government)

the kenyan government has never catered to its citizens because the government wanted to but because kenyans had forced the government into action. it is a VERY ugly process but IT WORKS EVERYTIME(in different ways) because at the end of the day the voice of the mwananchi is heard.

tanzania have been blessed with a stable political structure and climate that is why you guys do not have to riot on the streets(like kenyans or ugandans) just to make the political leaders listen but! tanzanians have to understand that you have to FIGHT for change, change especially political change will never come easy. actually all tanzanians have to do is come out in large numbers and peacefully march on the streets and CCM will listen because tanzania political leaders do not have the "dictator" mentality like their kenyan counterparts

i DO NOT want to see street riots in the only politically stable country and island of peace in the region(tanzania) but i do want to see tanzanians active in their politics in more ways than just voting

this is just my honest opinion, i did not come to this topic casue trouble.

katika maelezo yote huko juu[ nimeyasoma] jambo moja wengi tunakubaliana nalo ni UHAMASISHAJI katika ngazi zote, kuanzia pale unapoishi, unapofanyia kazi, unaponywea bia, unaposalia, yaani kila mahali, kila mji, kila kijiji, kila jiji...
watu waamke, kwa imani zao, kwa umoja wao.

hapa tukiamka, polisi wajue kuwa wananyonywa sana, waamke, wajizuie kuwa sehemu ya mchakato wa wizi wa kura, Walimu waamke, wajizuie kuiba kura kwaniaba ya CCM Maana nyie ndio wasimamizi wakuu katika vituo vya kupigia kura, Watumishi wa umma waungane, wakatae unyama na matusi ya Kikwete kua wao haitaji kura zenu, mjue mpo zaidi ya laki nne, kwa pamoja mkiungana, na mkihamasisha familia zenu, bila shaka mtakua chachu ya mabadiliko.

Wanawake muamke , mkatae Khanga, vitenge vyao, mnatumika sana wakati wa kampeni, wanawatumia sana katika kuhamasisha, bila shaka ni wakati wakuambiwa unganeni tuwape mikono isio na masharti magumu.
Wamachinga na vijana waangaikaji katika makundi yao waungana kuwakataa wezi hawa wa mali za umma, wakija tusiwasikilize tuwazomee , na tuwanunie.

Wanafunzi huu ni wakati ambao mnatakiwa kumuuliza kikwete iko wapi 100% ya mkopo aliyoahidi pale Diamond Jubilee, mkataeni, ni muongo katika hilo, alisema hakuna mwanafunzi atakaerudishwa nyumbani kwa kukosa ada, leo mahangaiko yamekua makali kwenu kuliko miaka 10 iliopita.

Great contribution. Bado naamini kuwa watu wengi bado hawajaijua nguvu waliyo nayo ni kubwa ili kuleta mabadiliko. Jambo linalotakiwa kama ulivyosema ni 'kufumbua macho' wananchi watoke katika hili lindi la usingizi liliosababishwa na bangi au dawa ya kulevya ya imani potofu kuwa viongozi waliopo ama chama kinachotawala ni hicho hicho kinachoweza kuongoza nchi yetu.

This guy is a big joke,Damn i love my country but i hate the fact that we have voters who are not reasoning,i hate this group of voters!

i come in peace amigos

count your blessings my brothers. atleast you can bask in the glory that you do not have kibaki as your president.

if tanzanians ever peacefully marched on the streets in large number like kenyans and ugandans do, CCM and kikwete would really wake up because tanzanian political leaders are not dictators and power hungry like their kenyan or ugandan counterparts.

in kenya we have had to fight for everything, from our independence, multi party, the new constitution(after the referendum), the new electoral commission, ongoing land reforms, cheaper prices for food, higher minimum wages and higher salaries etc. EVERYTIME THE KENYAN GOVERNMENT HAS FULFILLED THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE IS BECAUSE KENYANS MARCHED ON THE STREETS AND FOUGHT AGAINST THE POLICE(government)

the kenyan government has never catered to its citizens because the government wanted to but because kenyans had forced the government into action. it is a VERY ugly process but IT WORKS EVERYTIME(in different ways) because at the end of the day the voice of the mwananchi is heard.

tanzania have been blessed with a stable political structure and climate that is why you guys do not have to riot on the streets(like kenyans or ugandans) just to make the political leaders listen but! tanzanians have to understand that you have to FIGHT for change, change especially political change will never come easy. actually all tanzanians have to do is come out in large numbers and peacefully march on the streets and CCM will listen because tanzania political leaders do not have the "dictator" mentality like their kenyan counterparts

i DO NOT want to see street riots in the only politically stable country and island of peace in the region(tanzania) but i do want to see tanzanians active in their politics in more ways than just voting

this is just my honest opinion, i did not come to this topic casue trouble.

Nomasana,

This is a very sober assesment that needs to be listened to with no reservation.

It aint easy to get what the largesse really need without a sacrifice. Until Tanzanians decide to love their country and give up everything for the love of the mother nation then these so called leaders of CCM will take advantage of the gullibility of the masses just to stay in power.

Its sad to say this but, Kikwete, you have failed the mighty nation of Tanzania and its people. To larger extent you have failed the dream of East Africans by continuing to abet crimes of corruption against your own people and the whole society at large.

What happened to the campaign promises of a New Zeal to tackle corruption and other vices that bedevil our society????...ama ilikua ni ngonjera tu ya kupata kura?..I hope u are reading this.

Get serious please, Mr President!

Tanzania is and will always remain a great nation despite the misgivings of our leaders.

They ride on our backs and eat of our sweat yet we cannot question them when they err. As a people we have to stand together and see beyond political affiliations to make things happen.Nchi ni ya wa-Tanganyika na sio wanasiasa au vyama. Its not about CCM or CHADEMA or whatever...its about how we can better the life of the citizenry. Hii kasumba ya kujificha nyuma ya kivuli cha vyama should desist. CCM has been Baba na Mama since independence..have they delivered?...Tell me.

Its time to call a spade a spade and not a big spoon.

Mungu ibariki Tanzania, the best Nation in East Africa.

Amen

This guy is a big joke,Damn i love my country but i hate the fact that we have voters who are not reasoning,i hate this group of voters!

I hear you my brother lakini ukweli ni kwamba the voters are reasonong with what they have in their intelligent banks.If they have been whitewashed to believe that CCM nd'o baba na mama, what do you expect them to vote?

Our biggest challenge ipo kwenye Elimu-Jamii. Thats where the battle of minds shall be fought.

So it seems it's almost unanimous that everyone in JF want a change and to move on from the Kikwete era. Some by reading JF might be disillusioned into thinking that a sweeping change is coming in October. The problem is that JF is about 10,000 Tanzanians against a nation of nearly 40 million. JF represents an informed group of people which represents a very small fraction of the total population.

I always say that if opposition parties want to be successful they should build their roots in rural areas. Sadly our opposition parties a concentrated in the major cities and rarely reach the rural people. The rural area is where CCM's strength lies. You all want to know the significance of that? The population of Tanzanians living in rural areas is about nearly 80%( http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Tanzania-POPULATION.html). Which means you can campaign in urban areas all you want but the real deciding factors is the electorate in rural areas who are uneducated and uninformed. We can cry all we want but whoever controls these masses of people holds all the keys. The rural population is the true force of change. So the strategy has been wrong because Tanzanians don't look at stats, figures and demographics.

Another question people need to ask themselves is if not Kikwete then who? If not CCM then who? I've heard a lot of complains about Kikwete and CCm but I hardly hear people recommend someone else and why they think they would be better. Like I said previously in Tanzania we have 40 million people which means we can sweep away every single politician at present and put new faces if we want to. The problem is that we are not properly promoting and encouraging those who we think a fit for the job. Because honestly speaking I don't think voters have been given much choice.

My advice is this. 2010 Kikwete is going to win....that's a given. So that gives every single one of you who wants change five years to prepare your candidates of change. The road to 2015 starts now. You have a person you feel can be a good leader encourage and support him/her to run. You think someone will make a good president then help build him up. JF has diverse group of people with different capabilities, wealth, influence etc so I don't think this is entirely impossible to do. If you feel there is a JF member who has good ideas encourage them to run or recruit them for your parties so they can make their contributions one way or another.

Let's meet at JF to talk and debate and after that let's go forward and prove that action speaks louder than words. There is no point in going to church or mosque and after listening to the message not going out to spread it. We here at JF are as guilty as anyone else for not doing our parts. We have preached change, God is smiling upon as and now it is time to go out there and be the change we want to see.

I am seeing Kikwete's failures as he hasnt done anything specific during his time period. He has not even acted to EPA and the like even though all these scandles happen during the past regimes. He had to take actions.

My dear friend JK! Nasikitika maana siamini haya ninayoyaona. Yamenikatisha tamaa kabisa na naamini, historia itayaandika yote ili siku moja watu wajue alikuwepo Rais anaitwa JK,Lol!!
Hivi Urais ni kufanya mikutano tu!! Mnipe mimi basi uraisi

Well put MM; academic and intellectual exchanges will not bring the change we badly need. For so long we have been hiding our cowardness under the carpet of civil society, singing the song of the coward that 'non-political' and other such nonsensical rhetoric for the timid.

It's good that we are now realising the importance of organising ourselves in a political movement if we are to meaningful contribute to the true transformation of our political leadership. It is time to relieve our country's leadership from the bunch of fake and comic kadas who have no business other than accumulating wealth from our hard earned tax.

Leadership is all about making decision....Jakaya lacks that qualities! wala rushwa, drug dealers, mafisadi hes just partying with them!!!

Well put MM; academic and intellectual exchanges will not bring the change we badly need. For so long we have been hiding our cowardness under the carpet of civil society, singing the song of the coward that 'non-political' and other such nonsensical rhetoric for the timid.

It's good that we are now realising the importance of organising ourselves in a political movement if we are to meaningful contribute to the true transformation of our political leadership. It is time to relieve our country's leadership from the bunch of fake and comic kadas who have no business other than accumulating wealth from our hard earned tax.

Now.. this is what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom