JK akosekana maadhimisho ya kimbari - Kigali, Rwanda

JK akosekana maadhimisho ya kimbari - Kigali, Rwanda

As Rwanda officially commemorates 20 years since the genocide, some of those who were there to stop the war and re-build the country have become enemies of the state.
Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa is one such person.
Former Lieutenant General Nyamwasa had been Chief of Staff of the Rwandan Army and head of Rwandan intelligence as well as Rwanda's ambassador to India.
Once a close ally of Rwandan President Paul Kagame, he's now persona non grata. Nyamwasa says the very circumstances that pushed them to pick up arms back in 1990 are still very much alive in Rwanda today.
Al Jazeera: It has been 20 years since one of the worst massacres in the history of humanity, how far has your home country come?
Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa: There is a lot of disappointment in the government's efforts to truly reconcile the country and making sure that we avoid the same circumstances that led to war.
[TABLE="align: right"]
[TR]
[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Header"]In Depth[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Body"]
Rwanda after the genocide

[TD="colspan: 2, align: center"] More Rwandan coverage
[/TD]

[TH="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet, align: left"] [/TH]
[TD="class: internallink"] Ghana peacekeepers remember Rwanda's genocide [/TD]

[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet"] [/TD]
[TD="class: internallink"] Rwanda genocide survivors back reconciliation [/TD]

[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet"] [/TD]
[TD="class: internallink"] Rwanda genocide refugees remain in DRC [/TD]

[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet"] [/TD]
[TD="class: internallink"] Rwana bars France from genocide ceremony [/TD]

[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet"] [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
The current government is doing exactly the same thing that the then Rwandan government was doing - rigging elections and imprisoning voices of opposition. The lack of freedom and democracy is why we, the Rwandan Patriotic Front, rose up and finally revolted against a regime that was oppressive and was not willing to listen.
Circumstances forced us into exile back then and what do you know, here I am, back in exile because I raised my voice and had varying opinions with the president. Rwandans are running out of the country.
People are being abducted in Rwanda and those running to neighbouring Uganda are being killed. People are running simply because state institutions - the judiciary, army, security, and police - cannot protect them.
As we commemorate [20] years after the genocide, we need to be honest and say we did not have true justice and democracy back then and [that] we still do not have it. Just like we rose up [back] then, the time will come that everyone Kagame forced into exile will come together and will go back to Rwanda and take down his government. History will repeat itself.
AJ: But the country has achieved so much over the years and you cannot deny that there is good that has come under President Kagame's leadership.
Nyamwasa: Sure, the country has done well but Kagame cannot take all the credit for rebuilding Rwanda. Building the country is not a one man show - we did it as a team, we all contributed. Why does Kagame want to take all the glory?
That shows you something about who he is. On the other hand, you cannot say a country is developing just because roads are being built and you have highrises. To me, that is not sustainable.
It is more for show as the media and tourists are impressed when they visit Rwanda. Real development is a free society where people know that they can contribute in building the country in various ways without being scared to have opposing ideas. [Instead,] people are just taking orders without questioning their master.
I can tell you that people in Rwanda are angry. They might not talk about it in public for fear, but go to the country and visit people in their homes and you will see just how rotten the society is and that is all [due to] living under a dictatorship. Rwanda will only get better without Kagame in the top seat.
AJ: You and President Kagame were once close. What went wrong?
Nyamwasa: I have known Kagame for a very long time. We met when we were young, back in Uganda. We were close and we were part of the Ugandan army.
[TABLE="class: in-article-item video"]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: caption"]Villagers struggle to heal from Rwandan genocide[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Even when we moved to Rwanda we were brothers in arms. Things started changing around 1998 when he wanted to run for president. I spoke to him many times and told him that he was a military person - we all agreed before and during the war that as military men we should not be part of politics, but he changed his mind and a lot of people were not happy with that.
But I still supported him. When elections came around [again], he wanted to rig the election so that he got 95 percent of the vote. I told him that all you need is 60 percent so that the country can have a healthy opposition. I reminded him that if you create a situation that does not allow for opposition, one day you will be out of government and you would not want a situation where you are suddenly the opposition that is being clamped down on. I always spoke to him about things I did not agree with, but he started seeing me as the enemy.
AJ: There have been three attempts on your life and on all occasions you said it was President Kagame who wanted you dead. Having disagreed with a man does not necessarily mean he wants to kill you. How can you be certain that it was him?
Nyamwasa: When you wake up with a bullet in your head in the hospital you know who your enemy is. In 2010, I moved to South Africa because I knew I would be much safer here than in Uganda.
Had I moved [to Uganda] I would be dead. But I also was surprised that someone could really chase me all the way to South Africa just to kill me. Just last month a group of armed men stormed my house in south-eastern Johannesburg overnight looking for me. I only survived because at the time of the attack we were not in the house.
I say it is Kagame coming after my life because in 2010, when I got shot he went to parliament and said if it required even a hammer to crush those who run away, he will chase them until he gets them.
Just recently, a close friend of mine, former intelligence chief Patrick Karegeya, who was also living here in South Africa was killed. Even though Kagame denied any involvement he said he wished he had killed him. He’s also said that the one who is still alive, it is only a matter of time, and he was referring to me. You must remember that I know Kagame and how he operates, so I have no doubt in my mind that he wants to kill me.
AJ: Do you want to go back? What would it take for you to return?
Nyamwasa: I want to go back, I have been a refugee before, but as it stands, my passport - including that of my wife and children - were seized by the government and we cannot go back.
But it is not just me that Kagame has done this to; lots of Rwandans are where I am. You will not hear about it because people are terrified of the president. Critical media has been silenced, you will never see protests in Rwanda, and everything is closed and controlled.
AJ: On the part of reconciliation, there has been criticism that the Hutus seem to be the only ones taking the blame. What is your take?
Nyamwasa: There has been a huge effort to turn the tide on ethnic discrimination. The mantra is that we are all Rwandan, but we have not been honest about that process and say that there were killings on both sides.
We cannot lay blame on one ethnic group. We need to have people say how they feel and not be forced to keep quiet and move on for the sake of peace.
AJ: There is also the part of the Democratic Republic of Congo: Rwanda has been time and again accused of meddling and funding rebels in the eastern part of the country, is this true?
Nyamwasa: That is not an accusation, it is a known fact. Rwanda has been trying for years to destabilise the Congo in the hope that the region will break away and Rwanda can take the eastern part of the country for its resources. But I am of the view that even if that were to ever happen, the people of the Congo hate Rwandans so much that they will never agree to be part of Rwanda. Yes, Rwanda has fuelled the rebellion by supplying arms; I know this because I was once part of the administration.
AJ: You have been accused of having a role in the genocide - particularly in the shooting down of then President Juvenal Habyarimana, and France wants you extradited.
Nyamwasa: Of course I played a role; we are the ones who were there to stop the killing. As for the extradition, I have no problem in standing in front of any court and saying what I know. I was there and so I know all the steps and I can also tell you that the commander in chief of our army at the time was Kagame.
So if I am to be extradited to any place, he too should be standing right next to me.
 
As Rwanda officially commemorates 20 years since the genocide, some of those who were there to stop the war and re-build the country have become enemies of the state.
Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa is one such person.
Former Lieutenant General Nyamwasa had been Chief of Staff of the Rwandan Army and head of Rwandan intelligence as well as Rwanda's ambassador to India.
Once a close ally of Rwandan President Paul Kagame, he's now persona non grata. Nyamwasa says the very circumstances that pushed them to pick up arms back in 1990 are still very much alive in Rwanda today.
Al Jazeera: It has been 20 years since one of the worst massacres in the history of humanity, how far has your home country come?
Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa: There is a lot of disappointment in the government's efforts to truly reconcile the country and making sure that we avoid the same circumstances that led to war.
[TABLE="align: right"]
[TR]
[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Header"]In Depth[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Body"]
Rwanda after the genocide

[TD="colspan: 2, align: center"] More Rwandan coverage
[/TD]

[TH="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet, align: left"] [/TH]
[TD="class: internallink"] Ghana peacekeepers remember Rwanda's genocide [/TD]

[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet"] [/TD]
[TD="class: internallink"] Rwanda genocide survivors back reconciliation [/TD]

[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet"] [/TD]
[TD="class: internallink"] Rwanda genocide refugees remain in DRC [/TD]

[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet"] [/TD]
[TD="class: internallink"] Rwana bars France from genocide ceremony [/TD]

[TD="class: Skyscrapper_Bullet"] [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
The current government is doing exactly the same thing that the then Rwandan government was doing - rigging elections and imprisoning voices of opposition. The lack of freedom and democracy is why we, the Rwandan Patriotic Front, rose up and finally revolted against a regime that was oppressive and was not willing to listen.
Circumstances forced us into exile back then and what do you know, here I am, back in exile because I raised my voice and had varying opinions with the president. Rwandans are running out of the country.
People are being abducted in Rwanda and those running to neighbouring Uganda are being killed. People are running simply because state institutions - the judiciary, army, security, and police - cannot protect them.
As we commemorate [20] years after the genocide, we need to be honest and say we did not have true justice and democracy back then and [that] we still do not have it. Just like we rose up [back] then, the time will come that everyone Kagame forced into exile will come together and will go back to Rwanda and take down his government. History will repeat itself.
AJ: But the country has achieved so much over the years and you cannot deny that there is good that has come under President Kagame's leadership.
Nyamwasa: Sure, the country has done well but Kagame cannot take all the credit for rebuilding Rwanda. Building the country is not a one man show - we did it as a team, we all contributed. Why does Kagame want to take all the glory?
That shows you something about who he is. On the other hand, you cannot say a country is developing just because roads are being built and you have highrises. To me, that is not sustainable.
It is more for show as the media and tourists are impressed when they visit Rwanda. Real development is a free society where people know that they can contribute in building the country in various ways without being scared to have opposing ideas. [Instead,] people are just taking orders without questioning their master.
I can tell you that people in Rwanda are angry. They might not talk about it in public for fear, but go to the country and visit people in their homes and you will see just how rotten the society is and that is all [due to] living under a dictatorship. Rwanda will only get better without Kagame in the top seat.
AJ: You and President Kagame were once close. What went wrong?
Nyamwasa: I have known Kagame for a very long time. We met when we were young, back in Uganda. We were close and we were part of the Ugandan army.
[TABLE="class: in-article-item video"]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: caption"]Villagers struggle to heal from Rwandan genocide[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Even when we moved to Rwanda we were brothers in arms. Things started changing around 1998 when he wanted to run for president. I spoke to him many times and told him that he was a military person - we all agreed before and during the war that as military men we should not be part of politics, but he changed his mind and a lot of people were not happy with that.
But I still supported him. When elections came around [again], he wanted to rig the election so that he got 95 percent of the vote. I told him that all you need is 60 percent so that the country can have a healthy opposition. I reminded him that if you create a situation that does not allow for opposition, one day you will be out of government and you would not want a situation where you are suddenly the opposition that is being clamped down on. I always spoke to him about things I did not agree with, but he started seeing me as the enemy.
AJ: There have been three attempts on your life and on all occasions you said it was President Kagame who wanted you dead. Having disagreed with a man does not necessarily mean he wants to kill you. How can you be certain that it was him?
Nyamwasa: When you wake up with a bullet in your head in the hospital you know who your enemy is. In 2010, I moved to South Africa because I knew I would be much safer here than in Uganda.
Had I moved [to Uganda] I would be dead. But I also was surprised that someone could really chase me all the way to South Africa just to kill me. Just last month a group of armed men stormed my house in south-eastern Johannesburg overnight looking for me. I only survived because at the time of the attack we were not in the house.
I say it is Kagame coming after my life because in 2010, when I got shot he went to parliament and said if it required even a hammer to crush those who run away, he will chase them until he gets them.
Just recently, a close friend of mine, former intelligence chief Patrick Karegeya, who was also living here in South Africa was killed. Even though Kagame denied any involvement he said he wished he had killed him. He’s also said that the one who is still alive, it is only a matter of time, and he was referring to me. You must remember that I know Kagame and how he operates, so I have no doubt in my mind that he wants to kill me.
AJ: Do you want to go back? What would it take for you to return?
Nyamwasa: I want to go back, I have been a refugee before, but as it stands, my passport - including that of my wife and children - were seized by the government and we cannot go back.
But it is not just me that Kagame has done this to; lots of Rwandans are where I am. You will not hear about it because people are terrified of the president. Critical media has been silenced, you will never see protests in Rwanda, and everything is closed and controlled.
AJ: On the part of reconciliation, there has been criticism that the Hutus seem to be the only ones taking the blame. What is your take?
Nyamwasa: There has been a huge effort to turn the tide on ethnic discrimination. The mantra is that we are all Rwandan, but we have not been honest about that process and say that there were killings on both sides.
We cannot lay blame on one ethnic group. We need to have people say how they feel and not be forced to keep quiet and move on for the sake of peace.
AJ: There is also the part of the Democratic Republic of Congo: Rwanda has been time and again accused of meddling and funding rebels in the eastern part of the country, is this true?
Nyamwasa: That is not an accusation, it is a known fact. Rwanda has been trying for years to destabilise the Congo in the hope that the region will break away and Rwanda can take the eastern part of the country for its resources. But I am of the view that even if that were to ever happen, the people of the Congo hate Rwandans so much that they will never agree to be part of Rwanda. Yes, Rwanda has fuelled the rebellion by supplying arms; I know this because I was once part of the administration.
AJ: You have been accused of having a role in the genocide - particularly in the shooting down of then President Juvenal Habyarimana, and France wants you extradited.
Nyamwasa: Of course I played a role; we are the ones who were there to stop the killing. As for the extradition, I have no problem in standing in front of any court and saying what I know. I was there and so I know all the steps and I can also tell you that the commander in chief of our army at the time was Kagame.
So if I am to be extradited to any place, he too should be standing right next to me.

It's their damn business not ours so we don't have to stick our damn noses over there,period!
 
Ha ha ha hiki ni kutuko eti mkimbizi wa Kihutu kujiita Mtanzania kisha mimi Mtanzania halisi unipachike Unyarwanda wewe utakuwa umerogwa siyo bure.Unashangaa mimi kupingana na propaganda za chuki dhidi ya utawala wa Kagame,Kwa bahati mbaya sana Watanzania wengi wanafikiri kama mimi kwamba Kagame anahitaji kuungwa mkono ili aendelee kuiunganisha Rwanda kuwa moja na yenye amani,Najua kuna baadhi yenu mnachukia kuona Rwanda ikiwa imetulia kama ilivyo sasa na sasa mnataka kuleta chokochoko kupitia mgongo wa Tanzania na kwakuwa baadhi yenu mmeweza kupenya kwenye vyombo vya habari vya Tanzania basi ndiyo mshapata jukwaa la kuhamasisha chuki dhidi ya Wanyarwanda wenzenu.Uzuri ni kwamba sisi Watanzania historia ya Rwanda na Rwandese genocide tunaifahamu vizuri sana hivyo hamtaweza kutughiribu akili zetu.

haya basi umeshinda!
 
jMali you clearly have no clue on how this government is run. Yours is a myopic view that all is hunky dory within the administration. Anway, I will not delve into the ins-and-outs of this government but I stand unwavering in my stand against our good president not attending kwibuka20 commemorations, it was poor judgment on his part. He is the President of the United Republic and should have gone to Kigali instead of sending other former leaders or junior portfolio ministers to represent him. Those of us at Mlimani City applauded the good honorable Mwandosya not for his position in government but for his brilliant speech.

1. I don't need to be deeply knowledged to know simple stuff like the fact that being a democracy, Mwandosya answers to kikwete period. again i ask you, are you implying that Mwandosya and mkapa went against kikwete's wishes?
2. so wewe kama "mtanzania" uliacha shughuli zako ukaenda mlimani city? hahaha, okay, lets leave it like that, while Rwanda was commemorating "genocide against tutsis" we also had karume day festivities, who did Rwanda send?
 
1. I don't need to be deeply knowledged to know simple stuff like the fact that being a democracy, Mwandosya answers to kikwete period. again i ask you, are you implying that Mwandosya and mkapa went against kikwete's wishes?
2. so wewe kama "mtanzania" uliacha shughuli zako ukaenda mlimani city? hahaha, okay, lets leave it like that, while Rwanda was commemorating "genocide against tutsis" we also had karume day festivities, who did Rwanda send?

1. I am not implying anything, rather I am explicitly stating that there is not a united front in this administration. Whether Hon. Mwandosya went with or without his boss' consent I do not know and do not care. Mwandosya delivered a brilliant speech worthy of a seasoned statesman

2. Ndio, mimi kama m-Tanzania niliacha shughuli zangu na kwenda kwenye kwibuka20 pale Mlimani City kama mpenda amani na mtu niliyehuzunishwa sana na mauaji ya kimbari dhidi ya watutsi mwaka 1994

Dude, you cannot equate Karume Day to kwibuka20. The former was a ruthless dictator who lived and died by the gun whereas the latter commemorates a million lives lost brutally and senselessly in the worst genocide in recent memory.
 
1. I am not implying anything, rather I am explicitly stating that there is not a united front in this administration. Whether Hon. Mwandosya went with or without his boss' consent I do not know and do not care. Mwandosya delivered a brilliant speech worthy of a seasoned statesman

2. Ndio, mimi kama m-Tanzania niliacha shughuli zangu na kwenda kwenye kwibuka20 pale Mlimani City kama mpenda amani na mtu niliyehuzunishwa sana na mauaji ya kimbari dhidi ya watutsi mwaka 1994

Dude, you cannot equate Karume Day to kwibuka20. The former was a ruthless dictator who lived and died by the gun whereas the latter commemorates a million lives lost brutally and senselessly in the worst genocide in recent memory.

i rest my case!
 
Kwa mujibu wa shirika la utangazaji la Uingereza (BBC) jina la JK halimo kwnye orodha ya viongozi wa taifa wanaohudhuria kumbukumbu ya miaka 20 ya mauaji ya kimbari - Rwanda. Baadhi ya viongozi waliohudhuria ni Mkapa, Kenyatta, Ally Bongo, Ban ki Moon n.k

Angalizo imetokea nn hata JK akose kutuwakilisha? pia tunajua ni kiongozi mpenda kusafiri kila uchao

..JK hatakiwi Rwanda...hama hamjajua tu wabongo....Kagame hapendi wanafiki....kauli za kinafiki za JK zimemponza...Watanzania msijidanganye kuwa oh Rwanda haina matatizo na JK.....nop....matatizo yapo ya kidiplomasia...na ugomvi ni kati ya Rwanda na JK(si TZ)....
 
You have conceded a defeat,Good!

hahaha, watoto wa juzi bwana!

To say "I rest my case" means therefore that, as far as you are concerned, you've done more than enough to prove your point, and need say no more.
John: "You know your problem, Bill? You're far too quick to descend to insulting people who disagree with you."

: Bill: "Don't be ridiculous! That's the sort of thing only a complete idiot would say."

: John: "I rest my case..."

source:Urban Dictionary: I rest my case

" i rest my case" means you have shot yourself in the foot, your arguments are self-defeating to the point that i don't need to continue arguing! sarcasm my friend, sarcasm!
 
hahaha, watoto wa juzi bwana!

To say "I rest my case" means therefore that, as far as you are concerned, you've done more than enough to prove your point, and need say no more.
John: "You know your problem, Bill? You're far too quick to descend to insulting people who disagree with you."

: Bill: "Don't be ridiculous! That's the sort of thing only a complete idiot would say."

: John: "I rest my case..."

source:Urban Dictionary: I rest my case

" i rest my case" means you have shot yourself in the foot, your arguments are self-defeating to the point that i don't need to continue arguing! sarcasm my friend, sarcasm!

No matter how hard you try to spin it the fact will always remain the same,You lost the battle buddy You lost it,Just admit it.Don't be so stubborn!!
 
Kuuliza ni kuchochea?

Hapa kweli huu ni uchochezi kwa wananchi kwani huwa haendi sehemu atakayolipwa posho ndogo ya kujikimu (per diem).Ingekuwa ulaya hata kama ni teja kafa ungemuona huyooooo na tubegi twake.Au anaona aibu kwenda kuona maendeleo makubwa ya nchi ile ukilinganisha na nchi yetu ilojaa utajiri wenye ----- wa ujinga.
 
ninapokuwa katika siasa za ndani,kikwete simpendi hata kidogo,ila linapokuja swala la kimataifa namheshimu sana rais wangu,wananchi wanaheshimu sana viongozi wao hususani linapokuja swala la kimataifa.spendi kuona rais wangu anadhalilishwa nikae kimya.Rwanda wanamheshim sana Kagame hasa linapokuja swala la kimataifa,watanzania kweli tunamdhalilisha rais wetu,kagame kama anaingia humu akakuta mnatoa maneno yasiyo na staa tunamrushia rais wetu tunamjengea kiburi Kagame.kikwete ni raisi wetu jamani kusimgilibe hivyo.
 
lazima umtetee si mtusi mwenzako. ila dunia nzima inamjua huyo ni dikteta na muuaji. fatilia speech za presidaa wa south africa utamujua kagame mnyama kiasi gani

Kagame hafai hata kutajwa kwenye ulimi wa mtu ni mtu katili sana kahuwa wa hutu na kuwaweka magerezani hadi wanavimbiana kama ww unampenda kaungane nae mtusi mwenzie huwa hamtupani nyie kama wa hindi tu
 
No matter how hard you try to spin it the fact will always remain the same,You lost the battle buddy You lost it,Just admit it.Don't be so stubborn!!

now you my friend have conceded defeat!
 
TEKNOLOJIA, Commanche, jMali,

..tatizo hapa ni mahusiano mabaya kati ya maraisi wa Tanzania na Rwanda.

..matokeo yake ndiyo hayo mnaona Maraisi hao wakikwepana ktk shughuli nzito zinazohusu mataifa yao.

..mwezi huu, tarehe 26 tuna sherehe za miaka 50 ya muungano wa Tanganyika na Zanzibar, sasa sina uhakika kama Raisi Kagame atahudhuria sherehe hizo.

NB:

..Prof.Mwandosya aliposoma hotuba yake, alikuwa anaisoma kama nani? Je, aliisoma kwa niaba yake mwenyewe, au kwa niaba ya Raisi wa Tanzania?

..CCM nao waliwakilishwa na Katibu Mkuu wao, Lt.Col[rtd].Abdulrahman Kinana.

..Nimeona picha Kinana amekutana kwa faragha na Raisi Kagame.
 
kama ulivyofanya wewe ndio, ni uchochezi. kama tayari umeshamuona mkapa kwa nini iwe ishu kwa kikwete kutokwenda. Unaijua thamani ya mkapa wewe? ningekuwa mimi ndio kikwete ningemtuma nchemba tu angewatosha sana!

Kumbe nchi za Africa kipaumbele ni kwa Mkapa halafu za magharibi anaenda .............
 
Back
Top Bottom