Favourite Drinks: Kinywaji Kipi Unakizimia Sana...(Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic)

Samahani lakini, ila nina mdogo wangu wa kike naona mnashindana

Watu mbona huwa wanasema kwamba yanasafisha kibofu! Ila niliwahi kuhoji kama kweli yanasafisha kibofu mbona hayawekwi wala kuhimizwa Hospitalini, jamaa wakaikimbia hoja yangu.
Samahani sijakuelewa tunashindana nini na mdogo wako?

courtney-001.jpg

Maji ya dafu ni hatari shauri yako usiyazoee sana!yanaaminika kusababisha ugonjwa wa mabusha
Watu mbona huwa wanasema kwamba yanasafisha kibofu! Ila niliwahi kuhoji kama kweli yanasafisha kibofu mbona hayawekwi wala kuhimizwa Hospitalini, jamaa wakaikimbia hoja yangu.

Kwa nini twende na imani imani na kusemekana semekana karne hii ya mapinduzi ya habari?

Busha lisababishwa na minyoo, inayoenezwa na Mbu!

Dispelling myths on swollen scrotums

BBC News
By Daniel Dickinson
In Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

_38885703_waiting_room203.jpg

Clinic waiting room

Seventy-year-old Mohammed Abdallah Totoro shuffles with an exaggerated limp to his tailor's shop in the market square of Kisarawe, a hill town in the coastal region of Tanzania.

There is a conspicuous bulge in his baggy green trousers that reaches to his knees which is causing his ungainly walk.

This bulge is his scrotum which has ballooned out of all proportion due to the disease lymphatic filariasis, more commonly known as elephantiasis.

The swelling, which has thickened and hardened the skin of his scrotum, is an example of well developed elephantiasis.

"I don't feel any pain, but it is uncomfortable and I do notice how heavy it is to carry around," he said.

High infection rates

Mr Totoro is one of around 1,000 men who suffer from elephantiasis in the Kisarawe district, where the infection rate is currently running at 1%.

"I am rather shocked by the way my scrotum has swollen," he said.

"I wasn't expecting such a thing to come out of my body, but I am not embarrassed by this disease."

_38885705_medicine203.jpg

Medication is available

In fact far from embarrassment many men who have suffered from elephantiasis of the scrotum have traditionally seen it as a sign of virility.

Dr David Kihwele, the director of programmes at UMATI, Tanzania's family planning association, said: "Some men have the misguided idea that the swelling boosts the sexual pleasure of their partner."

Anecdotal evidence in Kisarawe suggests the reverse is happening and many couples are splitting up as the male partner is no longer satisfying the sexual needs of the woman.

Awareness campaign

A public awareness programme has now been launched by the Tanzania's National Institute of Medical Research to sensitise men to the causes of elephantiasis and to encourage them to take preventative medication.

It has been difficult to get the message through that the disease is caused by mosquitos

Elephantitis of the scrotum is a particular problem along the coastal region of Tanzania and is rarely seen up country, a fact that baffles many researchers.

The medical community is still not in unanimous agreement as to why it exists only on the coast.

However, the disease is carried by mosquitoes, which are particularly prevalent in low lying humid areas, so the focus has been on educating people about the dangers of being bitten.

It is an uphill struggle according to Kisarawe's District Health Officer Severini Tarimo.

"It has been difficult to get the message through that the disease is caused by mosquitos and that to help prevent mosquitos from multiplying in great numbers sanitation must be improved.

"People must recognise that where there is stagnant water, mosquitos will thrive."

Mistaken beliefs

There are still many people who are unwilling to make the link between mosquitos and elephantiasis.

They believe that the disease has been caused by other external factors, including lifting heavy loads or riding bicycles, factors that are sometimes responsible for hernias, a different type of scrotal swelling.

_38885699_severini_tarimo203.jpg

Severini Tarimo is trying to raise awarness

Once elephantiasis of the scrotum has taken grip the only way to cure it is by surgery. Preventing it is a lot more straightforward and involves taking medication just once a year.

But even that has met with some resistance in coastal communities, said Severini Tarimo.

"Some men are very suspicious of the campaign to prevent elephantiasis.

"They believe the drugs we administer are for family planning and in some cases they say that the pills make them infertile."

The number of men taking the drug in Kisarawe is now falling because of this belief, a development which is likely to increase the risk of elephantiasis.

It is hoped the public awareness campaign will reverse that trend and ultimately rid the area of the disfiguring affects of the disease.

Mambo ya hard liquor, sijui beer, sigara na bangi nawaachia wataalamu mie ni mwendo wa;
hii kitu ata nikiwa club ndio kinywaji changu....
s_orangejuice.jpg

Joto likizidi uko outdoors basi ni Strawberry milkshake...
186340066_56c4f339f0.jpg

au Strawberry Smoothie
attach_handler.uhtml

Vinywaji hivi kaka hukohuko mamtoni, bar zetu za uswazi tarajia inzi na nyuki wengi mezani kwako, I would want share a table with you!!

SteveD

Hapa umenifikisha kunako. Mimi kwa kawaida nikiwa kwa kijiji napendelea "WARI" a.k.a Mbege ya asubuhi ambayo haijachachuka. Nikiwa ukweni napiga Ulanzi orijino. Nikiwa bongo, kwa kuwa bia za chupa kubwa huwa haziivi vizuri kutokana na changamoto za kibiashara au huwa hazina ladha original isipokuwa Bingwa na The Kick, basi mie hukandamiza mojawapo ya hizo mbili kutegemeana na siku huku nikisindikiza kwa Valuee ya kiroba. Hapo mambo huwa mswano.

Why I prefer water: water is composed of two gins, oxygin and hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin while hydrogin is water in gin.

Pundit nominates Mama for the Chemistry Nobel Prize

wangari_maathai.jpg

If I win the prize i would say this in my speech:

Special gratitude to God for giving me breath. Thanks to my parents, my lovely hubby and children for the moral support which made me able first to collect fumes of sulphur by holding a deacon over a flame in a test tube, second for making me able smell that odourless gas which was probably carbon monoxide and third making able to define a supersaturated solution as the one that holds more than it can hold. And last thank you Pundit for your nomination to this prestigious prize. I love you all JF members.

SteveD

Hapa umenifikisha kunako. Mimi kwa kawaida nikiwa kwa kijiji napendelea "WARI" a.k.a Mbege ya asubuhi ambayo haijachachuka. Nikiwa ukweni napiga Ulanzi orijino. Nikiwa bongo, kwa kuwa bia za chupa kubwa huwa haziivi vizuri kutokana na changamoto za kibiashara au huwa hazina ladha original isipokuwa Bingwa na The Kick, basi mie hukandamiza mojawapo ya hizo mbili kutegemeana na siku huku nikisindikiza kwa Valuee ya kiroba. Hapo mambo huwa mswano.

chiefmtz, naomba kuuliza kwani waonekana um-mtaalam... hivi mbege huwa ina hangover?!

Unafahamu kinywaji kinaitwa SAMBUKA? Inauzwa kwenye viglas vidogo kama za wale wauza kahawa wanaotembeza mtaani...!

Unakunywa ikiwa imewashwa moto...!

Taamu, lakini...!

He was a wise man who invented beer; especially the Budweiser - King of Beers
250px-Budweiser_logo.png

capucchino, juisi ya peshen

ila na ile layer ya cream ya maziwa aliyoongelea Naimaomari, na mie nimo pia

Back
Top Bottom