Caught with his hand in the cookie jar!!!

Nyani Ngabu

Platinum Member
May 15, 2006
Liberals! liberals! liberals. They never cease to amaze me. This guy always acts like he is smarter than everybody else now look what he did!! Shameful.

NEW YORK (AP) - Columnist and TV host Fareed Zakaria has apologized for lifting several paragraphs by another writer for use in his column in Time magazine. His column has been suspended for a month.

Zakaria said in a statement Friday he made "a terrible mistake," adding, "It is a serious lapse and one that is entirely my fault."
In a separate statement, Time spokesman Ali Zelenko said the magazine accepts Zakaria's apology, but would suspend his column for one month, "pending further review.""What he did violates our own standards for our columnists, which is that their work must not only be factual but original; their views must not only be their own but their words as well," Zelenko said.

Media reporters had noted similarities between passages in Zakaria's column about gun control that appeared in Time's Aug. 20 issue, and paragraphs from an article by Harvard University history professor Jill Lepore published in April in The New Yorker magazine.

In Zakaria's column, titled "The Case for Gun Control," he began one paragraph with the sentences: "Adam Winkler, a professor of constitutional law at UCLA, documents the actual history in 'Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms in America.' Guns were regulated in the U.S. from the earliest years of the Republic."

A corresponding passage in Lenore's New Yorker essay, titled "Battleground America," begins: "As Adam Winkler, a constitutional-law scholar at U.C.L.A., demonstrates in a remarkably nuanced new book, 'Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms in America,' firearms have been regulated in the United States from the start."

In Zakaria's statement, he apologized "unreservedly" to Lepore, as well as to his editors and readers.
Besides serving as an editor-at-large at Time, Zakaria is a Washington Post columnist and the host of CNN's foreign-affairs show, "GPS." Source

Sometimes inatokea kua you use somebody else's article to give
credit to your own argument, and you just forget to put the references.
If this was a mistake, one would easily see it as the quotation would be
the exact copy of the article/paragraph the author wanted to quote
only the referencing notes would be missing. Inatokea sana tu.

However, in this case we see that he deliberately applied some cosmetic changes
to make the paragraph fit his context, and he probably intended to confuse whoever
came across the 1sr article in a way that the words would ring a bell but still be different.
I don't know who he is but shame on him! Bora amekamatwa!

We live in the world of free information much of our world is already documented plus the information is saturated. Even if people are to follow rules of writing based on their knowledge acquired at schools, still their perspective would clash with their ideologies taught to lean on when writing. That not only makes the writing not so much interesting but similarities occur upon writers with the same view.

Therefore if I am paid to write for a news paper I might as well try to find an interesting article that suits my audience even if it is someones' work. Remember its the view that counts and what I am representing, the trick is to put the article in my words has i envisioned.

Original ideas win nobel prizes these days therefore scholars would know the generic idea is entirely based on my perspective taught at my learning process don't confuse this with education it could be my socialization process too that shaped my ideas.

By the way I think wewe mleta thread ni mnafiki kwa sababu zangu and not a loyal person at all.

If you look at what Zakaria says and writes, sometimes, you find that he is not worth what he seems to worth so to speak. I was his fan. But as the days lapsed I found something amiss in his clout. Rules, especially academic ones, are strict and must be obeyed. To be referred to as an academics or a guru, one needs to know all this. If anything, playing "within the rules" is what makes an academic an academic apart from making him edgier. I would respect a person who attribute whatever he uses in his work even if it means to say he did not toil a lot. This is how we were taught at universities. I maybe wrong. Again, academics is about displine and following the rules religiously. Paragialism, for an academic is like a suicide for his fame, knowledge and carrier. Suspending Zakaria is not enough. He should be fired. For he does not qualify to do what he was doing. They are many academic who are out there seeking to do a job best.

Tafadhali wewe mod uliyetoa bandiko langu hutendi haki.

Jamaa kaniita mimi mnafiki, nimemjibu, halafu wewe unakuja unafuta bandiko langu halafu lake unaliacha. Kwa nini?

Kwa nini umefanya hivyo? Hivi kwa akili yako unadhani mimi nilijibandikia tu kama mwehu?

Kwa vile tu umepewa hicho kibarua cha kuweza kufuta mabandiko ya watu hiyo haikufanyi wala haimaanishi kuwa wewe una akili, hekima wala busara.

Unadiriki kunifutia bandiko langu huku la kwake yeye kuniita mimi mnafiki pasipo na ushahidi unaliacha? Shame on you.

By the way I think wewe mleta thread ni mnafiki kwa sababu zangu and not a loyal person at all.

Wewe mod uliyenifutia bandiko langu unaona huyu jamaa alivyoniita?

Mimi kumjibu umenifutia ila yeye la kwake lilichochea jibu langu umeliacha. Una hata chembe ya akili kweli wewe?

Tafadhali wewe mod uliyetoa bandiko langu hutendi haki.

Jamaa kaniita mimi mnafiki, nimemjibu, halafu wewe unakuja unafuta bandiko langu halafu lake unaliacha. Kwa nini?

Kwa nini umefanya hivyo? Hivi kwa akili yako unadhani mimi nilijibandikia tu kama mwehu?

Kwa vile tu umepewa hicho kibarua cha kuweza kufuta mabandiko ya watu hiyo haikufanyi wala haimaanishi kuwa wewe una akili, hekima wala busara.

Unadiriki kunifutia bandiko langu huku la kwake yeye kuniita mimi mnafiki pasipo na ushahidi unaliacha? Shame on you.

Wewe mod uliyenifutia bandiko langu unaona huyu jamaa alivyoniita?

Mimi kumjibu umenifutia ila yeye la kwake lilichochea jibu langu umeliacha. Una hata chembe ya akili kweli wewe?

Hunijui, sikujui. Huna loyalty pact na mimi. So you can kiss my ass.

Sijui ni kitu gani ulichioandika na sielewei kwanini mods wamefuta personal ningependa nikione it is a democratic forum as far as my experience is concerned. Na amna mtu anaedai anakujua or else it would have been an easier task kukushia makombora wala sijadai nina loyalty pact na wewe.

It is a fact your not the sort of a loyal person as it happens just my rationale and I don't need to explain just as people in Jukwaa la siasa wanavyojibu bila ya kuelezea maazimio yao.

I got my reasons to think so.

It is a fact your not the sort of a loyal person as it happens just my rationale and I don't need to explain just as people in Jukwaa la siasa wanavyojibu bila ya kuelezea maazimio yao.

I got my reasons to think so.

Kwanza kajifunze kuandika maana sarufi mbovu mbovu tu.

Pili, I don't give a shit what some ghostly stranger thinks of me. Hunijui, sikujui.

Third, your opinion of me (whom you don't know) is not my reality. And for you to judge a person whom you don't know makes you a jackass.

It is easier kwako wewe kuweka majibu unayotaka under the shadows of anonymity and we would all love to do that. Lakini si rahisi kujibu namna hiyo kama kuna exposure of identity figure that out na domo lako.

usiku mwema.

It is easier kwako wewe kuweka majibu unayotaka under the shadows of anonymity and we would all love to do that. Lakini si rahisi kujibu namna hiyo kama kuna exposure of identity figure that out na domo lako.

usiku mwema.

Unabwabwaja tu hata hueleweki.

Unabwabwaja tu hata hueleweki.
nimeshamaliza kubwabwaja, hila hujui the consequences you have caused kama ni wewe (if I am wrong puuzia).

We endela na thread yako as intended I was on the witch hunt. nadhani sijaiharibu thread yako ya kisomi wewe mwandishi makini.

(talking to myslef) I'll figure it out, i was thinking Moe, mmh but he aint that clever or just my illusions time has passed.

nimeshamaliza kubwabwaja, hila hujui the consequences you have caused kama ni wewe (if I am wrong puuzia).

We endela na thread yako as intended I was on the witch hunt. nadhani sijaiharibu thread yako ya kisomi wewe mwandishi makini.

(talking to myslef) I'll figure it out, i was thinking Moe, mmh but he aint that clever or just my illusions time has passed.

What the hell are you talking about? Good grief....

Una bifu na mtu nini?

Is there any chance that you could be Zakaria?
Why are you bothering yourself with witch hunting, hating like that! Dude!
Kuwa na wakati murua

Sometimes inatokea kua you use somebody else's article to give
credit to your own argument, and you just forget to put the references.
If this was a mistake, one would easily see it as the quotation would be
the exact copy of the article/paragraph the author wanted to quote
only the referencing notes would be missing. Inatokea sana tu.

However, in this case we see that he deliberately applied some cosmetic changes
to make the paragraph fit his context, and he probably intended to confuse whoever
came across the 1sr article in a way that the words would ring a bell but still be different.
I don't know who he is but shame on him! Bora amekamatwa!

I appreciate this guy and his articles-or to be perfect- his GPS Programme.He is objective and logical in almost all his presentations.

He appears to me to know many issue across the world far better than the average American newsman, and his programme is popular across the world.
We should be careful that it is not a plot to downgrade him, because as far as I am concerned thoughts and presentations can be similar especially in this modern and fast moving world of information revolution-that is unless Farid committed direct plagiarism.

Nyani,
Do not blame it on liberalism. Plagiarism has no forte in liberalism alone. I am sure the likes of Rush Limbaughs and those on the right have had the same vice.

Nyani,
Do not blame it on liberalism. Plagiarism has no forte in liberalism alone. I am sure the likes of Rush Limbaughs and those on the right have had the same vice.

Joe Biden is a big plagiarist, too.

Back
Top Bottom