News & Current Events

Discussion on current news and event on what is happening in Tanzania. Discuss in ENGLISH ONLY

JF Prefixes:

Presently, We know that Tanzania got more discovery of Gas this means alot to Tanzanian who see the opportunity. I foresee emerging and young gas millionaires, I see mass employment, I see above...
1 Reactions
4 Replies
2K Views
Volatile stock markets, cratering oil prices and a stronger dollar led to a dynamic reshuffling of wealth around the globe and a drop in ten-figure fortunes for the first time since 2009. For our...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
Leap Day: February 29 A Leap Day, February 29, is added to the calendar during leap years. This extra day makes the year 366 days long – not 365 days, like a common year. Traditionally, women...
2 Reactions
0 Replies
Tanzania is set to collect millions of dollars in capital gains tax following Shell’s acquisition of BG Group, barely two years after banking $258 million in similar payments over the same gas...
1 Reactions
6 Replies
2K Views
THE Kisutu Resident Magistrate’s Court in Dar es Salaam has sentenced Christopher Kaulaga, a resident of Mbezi Mwisho in the city, to 30 years imprisonment or to pay a fine of 900m/- after finding...
0 Reactions
5 Replies
1K Views
This weekend, Uganda’s veteran President, Yoweri Museveni, secured another victory in the country’s general election. This extends his 30-year rule for another five years, making him one of...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
"TANZANIA leads in Africa in the provision of the most conducive environment for financial inclusion, thanks to the bold policy approach by the Central Bank to allow non-banking institutions to...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
A passenger has been fined almost £550 after he was caught without a train ticket - that would have cost just £2.80. Nicky Haywood, of Nottingham, was found guilty of travelling on a East...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Tanzania has opened 2016 as a serious contender to Mozambique Gas reserves, and the banter of 2015, pitting the two countries together in a race to come on stream first. Recent Tanzania market...
1 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Diamond mine closed over Sh375m tax arrears In Summary The mine acting manager, Mr Badul Seif, was tightlipped on grounds that higher authorities were supposed to comment on the TRA move...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
The Tanzania Investment Bank (TIB) has agreed to provide 31bn/- to finance construction of the Arusha Regional referral hospital which will be erected at the current premises of Mount Meru...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
Wakimbizi kutoka nchini Burundi waliokimbia machafuko nchini mwao na kukimbilia Tanzania, wameishutumu Serikali yao kuwa inatuma watu wenye silaha kwenye kambi za Wakimbizi zilizo chini ya Umoja...
0 Reactions
20 Replies
6K Views
Introduction Tanzania, with an area of 945,203 sq km, had an estimated population of 50+ million in 2015. Majority of Tanzanians live in rural areas (75 percent); though population projections...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Please donate blood on Febuary 13. There is a big shortage in Dar region. Special blood drive at Sinza, Temeke and Amana hospitals
0 Reactions
0 Replies
Beyonce just dominated the Super Bowl again with Coldplay and Bruno This year's Super Bowl halftime show was billed as a Coldplay concert, but was it? The rock band certinaly got its time in...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
The official launch of a $7.6 billion (Sh15 trillion) standard gauge railway line will now take place in the next six weeks, BusinessWeek has learnt. Retired President Jakaya Kikwete was...
0 Reactions
18 Replies
6K Views
Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda Vote Ziwa Garments as the Best and Most Popular Uniforms Supplier and Manufacturer in East Africa. In a recent survey and poll conducted by Stewart and Frost Research...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
2K Views
Tanzanian Elections Press Statement John Kerry Secretary of State Washington, DC November 5, 2015 On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I congratulate the people of...
0 Reactions
3 Replies
3K Views
Termination of the Farmout of Ruvuma PSA, Tanzania Solo has been advised by Aminex PLC (“Aminex”) that they are not proceeding with their proposed agreement with Bowleven PLC (“Bowleven”) to...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
2K Views
Hudreds of Taiwanese firefighters and military personnel raced Saturday to rescue dozens of people trapped in collapsed buildings after a magnitude 6.4 earthquake struck southern Taiwan before...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Back
Top Bottom