Reasons why Diamond platinumz should start singing in English

Mcqueenen

JF-Expert Member
Nov 2, 2019
It is with great erudition and lexical dexterity that I make the assertion that Diamond Platinumz, the prodigious Tanzanian musician, should consider transitioning to singing in English. While it is undeniable that he has achieved great success thus far in his career, there are several compelling reasons why such a move would be beneficial for him and his legion of fans.

First and foremost, the global dominance of the English language cannot be overstated. As the lingua franca of international diplomacy, commerce, and entertainment, English is the most widely spoken language in the world. By singing in English, Diamond Platinumz would be opening himself up to a vast and diverse audience that extends far beyond the borders of Tanzania.

Furthermore, the current music industry landscape demands a level of versatility and adaptability that cannot be achieved solely through vernacular languages. While there is certainly value in preserving and celebrating one's cultural heritage, it is also important to recognize that the music industry is a global enterprise, and one that demands a certain level of international appeal.

Moreover, singing in English would allow Diamond Platinumz to tap into a wider range of musical styles and genres, thereby expanding his creative horizons and further solidifying his position as one of Africa's most innovative and influential musicians. English offers a rich tapestry of linguistic and musical possibilities, from the soaring melodies of pop ballads to the hard-hitting rhythms of hip-hop and R&B.

Some may argue that singing in English would dilute Diamond Platinumz's artistic identity, and that he should remain true to his Swahili roots. However, it is possible to maintain one's cultural identity while also embracing the linguistic and artistic possibilities offered by English. After all, language is not a zero-sum game, but rather a fluid and adaptable medium that can be used to express a multitude of ideas and emotions.

In conclusion, I humbly submit that Diamond Platinumz should consider expanding his artistic repertoire by exploring the vast and boundless potential of the English language. By doing so, he would be opening himself up to a wider audience, broadening his creative horizons, and solidifying his position as one of the most innovative and influential musicians of our time

Kweli kama wanaija lugha imewabeba sana ila mondi nyimbo alizoimba kizungu hazina maajabu YouTube aimbe kifaransa tu nyimbo alizoimba na wacongo zinakimbiza kwa viewers huko,wacongo wanasupport sana,plus wengi wapo nje huko,,,hao wanaijeria hata kama nyimbo uimbe kizungu na umshirikishe msanii wao kukuelewa itachukua muda nimechek foa nyimbo nyingi kaimba kingereza tena nzuri ila viewers sio wengi,me ningemshauri kila video ya nyimbo zake za kiswahili aweke tafsiri tu kiswahili kikue

Kweli kama wanaija lugha imewabeba sana ila mondi nyimbo alizoimba kizungu hazina maajabu YouTube aimbe kifaransa tu nyimbo alizoimba na wacongo zinakimbiza kwa viewers huko,wacongo wanasupport sana,plus wengi wapo nje huko,,,hao wanaijeria hata kama nyimbo uimbe kizungu na umshirikishe msanii wao kukuelewa itachukua muda nimechek foa nyimbo nyingi kaimba kingereza tena nzuri ila viewers sio wengi,me ningemshauri kila video ya nyimbo zake za kiswahili aweke tafsiri tu kiswahili kikue
Valid points.
But akipush harder na FOA part 2 inawezekana wakamuelewa na wale wanIja ndo wana soko kibwa sasa duniani kuliko wakongo.
Saivi kina Davido na Rema ni Worldwide superstars

Tunafeli sana utakuta nyimbo nzuri ila haina tafsiri (English ) ukisoma comments nyingi YouTube watu wama taifa mengine wanauliza maana yake, mf.nyimbo ya Nakupenda ya Jay melody bora alivyoweka tafsiri watu wengi walikua wanauliza,wenzetu Wafaransa/waarabu/wahindi na siku hizi wakorea nao nyimbo zao unaweza kusearch rylics zakingereza ukapata ila kwa bongo tofauti haha hupati

Valid points.
But akipush harder na FOA part 2 inawezekana wakamuelewa na wale wanIja ndo wana soko kibwa sasa duniani kuliko wakongo.
Saivi kina Davido na Rema ni Worldwide superstars

Kweli kabisa

I don't think language only opens up one's music horizons as far as fan base is concerned. Our mother Swahili is so versatile, one can create sweet melodies from the rythms of RnB, the dances of raggae, to the hard flows of hip hop. We here in Tz have gotten a dozens of musicians in all types of genres. Have you ever Mcqueenen listened to Makamua singing RnB in Swahili?
Yes, I concur that Nigerians sing in English. But does it happen to their audience to understand what they say? I personally get trouble understanding their lyrics, and most of the times I gotta go find them wherever written so as to catch up with the words.
To sum up, language nowadays is no longer a barrier to understanding anything. Translated lyrics in the videos would help.
Thanks