Legal advise on how to task a mobile app loan service provider for misuse of my personal information and breach of trust

Sidanganyiki10

Jan 19, 2024
I took a mobile app loan for 8 days. On the date of repayment, the company staff started to bombard me with demands for payment.

I spoke to three different individuals from the company and basically told them that I was still at work and that once out of the office, I would make the repayment.

As this was my first time taking a loan with this company, I chose to keep my cool. At around 3 p.m., well before I left the office, several random people started calling me, informing me that they had received messages from an unknown number asking them to tell me to effect repayment of my loan.

This was a surprising move because while filling out the online form, there was a request for two numbers as guarantors. Surprisingly, none of the 8 people that informed me that they received the message from the individual purporting to be a loan officer with the said company were listed as guarantors.

These were randomly selected people, presumably from my phonebook, which I later realized the said company had access to.

I need legal advice on how to proceed, as I was very offended by their actions, especially because some of the people they sent these messages to I highly respect and are my peers.

Given legal provisions, can I file a formal complaint with TCRA accusing the said company of breach of trust with regard to my personal information protection and defamation of my name and repute by sending these unsolicited text messages to people outside of my guarantors whom I had duly registered during my application?

I have evidence that at least 8 people from my contact list (and who are not guarantors) were contacted with malicious texts that were designed to defame and discredit my reputation and character.

The texts were malicious because of the language used and the fact that they were slanderous in nature and tone.

Furthermore, the texts were sent before the official expiration of the loan repayment period, which clearly suggests a malicious motive and/or abuse of trust.

Considering that this app has had access to my other data and information, I'm afraid they too may be misused or breached without regard to the law with regards to personal data and integrity protection.

After leaving the office, I duly made the repayment of the loan without any penalty, which proves that I was still within the allowable time to repay.

I took a mobile app loan for 8 days. On the date of repayment, the company staff started to bombard me with demands for payment.

I spoke to three different individuals from the company and basically told them that I was still at work and that once out of the office, I would make the repayment.

As this was my first time taking a loan with this company, I chose to keep my cool. At around 3 p.m., well before I left the office, several random people started calling me, informing me that they had received messages from an unknown number asking them to tell me to effect repayment of my loan.

This was a surprising move because while filling out the online form, there was a request for two numbers as guarantors. Surprisingly, none of the 8 people that informed me that they received the message from the individual purporting to be a loan officer with the said company were listed as guarantors.

These were randomly selected people, presumably from my phonebook, which I later realized the said company had access to.

I need legal advice on how to proceed, as I was very offended by their actions, especially because some of the people they sent these messages to I highly respect and are my peers.

Given legal provisions, can I file a formal complaint with TCRA accusing the said company of breach of trust with regard to my personal information protection and defamation of my name and repute by sending these unsolicited text messages to people outside of my guarantors whom I had duly registered during my application?

I have evidence that at least 8 people from my contact list (and who are not guarantors) were contacted with malicious texts that were designed to defame and discredit my reputation and character.

The texts were malicious because of the language used and the fact that they were slanderous in nature and tone.

Furthermore, the texts were sent before the official expiration of the loan repayment period, which clearly suggests a malicious motive and/or abuse of trust.

Considering that this app has had access to my other data and information, I'm afraid they too may be misused or breached without regard to the law with regards to personal data and integrity protection.

After leaving the office, I duly made the repayment of the loan without any penalty, which proves that I was still within the allowable time to repay.
Pole sana kwa tatizo lako,lakini naomba kuuliza kabla ya kuomb amkopo husika ulisoma VIGEZO NA MAHARTI YA MKOPO HUO? na Je,Haukuwapa access ya personal informations zako(contacts list)? kwa kuongezea katika malalamiko yako nafikiri ni wakati wa serikali kufanya assesment juu ya hizi Mobile Loan's App kwani zimekuwa nyingi sana na pia zimegeuka kausha damu,kuingilia privacy za watu pamoja na kufanya defamation kwa watu kama ulivyoeleza

Back
Top Bottom