Emery Paper

Emery Paper

JF-Expert Member
Emery Paper

Emery Paper

JF-Expert Member
Joined Jun 1, 2019
745 1,000
Gerunds are words that are formed with verbs but act as nouns. They’re very easy to spot, since every gerund is a verb with "ing" tacked to its tail. A gerund can also act as object, subject or compliment in a sentence.

Example "seeing " "cooking" and alike is a noun formed by the verb ending "ing".
Lakini sio kila neno linaloishiwa na "ing" ukiliona kwenye sentence udhani ni gerund so make sure that the word you find is functioning as a noun in the sentence.
Example,
"The fish were swimming in the pond"

In this sentence, swimming is a verb because it is the action that the subject (fish) takes.

But

"Swimming is my favorite exercise."

In this sentence, swimming is a gerund because it is the subject – the thing that the sentence is about.

I hope this is helpful but have a look on Google ili kuelewa zaidi.
Kwa hizi nondo, naamini wanaopataga nafasi ya kukusikia ukizungumza juu ya kitu chochote, huwa wanajifunza mengi toka kwako.

kimbendengu

kimbendengu

JF-Expert Member
kimbendengu

kimbendengu

JF-Expert Member
Joined Jun 7, 2013
3,078 2,000
cute b My friend passed away yesterday so I need to see her mother,what kind of words can I say to her ?

cute b

cute b

JF-Expert Member
cute b

cute b

JF-Expert Member
Joined Aug 14, 2014
16,574 2,000
cute b My friend passed away yesterday so I need to see her mother,what kind of words can I say to her ?
Oooh! Sorry for the loss of your friend, kimbendengu. My deepest condolences to you and her family.

Okay, Because she's grieving for her daughter's death , you should try to use polite and perfect words of condolences. Remember to show her that, you will always be there if there is anything you can help/do.

But since, what feels right and helpful for one person may be all wrong for another, you can have a look at this attached link below.
https://www.prisonerofclass.com/condolences-messages/

May her soul rest in peace forever.

kimbendengu

kimbendengu

JF-Expert Member
kimbendengu

kimbendengu

JF-Expert Member
Joined Jun 7, 2013
3,078 2,000
cute b and Hannah thanks for your support

Forum statistics