English learning thread

cute b My friend passed away yesterday so I need to see her mother,what kind of words can I say to her ?
Oooh! Sorry for the loss of your friend, kimbendengu. My deepest condolences to you and her family.

Okay, Because she's grieving for her daughter's death , you should try to use polite and perfect words of condolences. Remember to show her that, you will always be there if there is anything you can help/do.

But since, what feels right and helpful for one person may be all wrong for another, you can have a look at this attached link below.
https://www.prisonerofclass.com/condolences-messages/

May her soul rest in peace forever.

I think you are not right.
The sentence is grammatically and semantically correct.
The word SEEING is not a verb but it is a GERUND or a verbal noun hakuna kitu kama hicho....mtaala gan unaoutumia wew kijana ? 😆 heb soma tena maelezo yang

Let me remind you to use proper punctuation marks (comma, full stop etc) in your paragraph.
Well, I am not that good at English, so anybody feel free to correct me if that is the case. Here are my suggestions....,

In your sentence you've written "I went to see my wife" you can use " I went to visit my wife" or "I visited my wife".

"Late on" it was supposed to be "later on'' which means that... the time or situation after the one that you've been talking about.

"I decided to return" I'd prefer to use " I decided to go back to Iringa" or "I went back" (because that's where you were before) however "to return" Or "I returned " is also correct and acceptable (but it seems very common and it's always good to try new things).

Btw, I like your story but try to work on my suggestions.

PS, Don't try to translate any sentence from Swahili (native language) to English, many times it creates big confusion. Think it in English.
And lastly, I strongly insist on the correct usage of punctuation in your sentences.

Cc. 4G LTE

Wow!, you know how to see things in deep

Since we all are here to learn English as our second language, I would like to hear experiences we go through as we perfect the skill. I was from one of our neighbouring East African country, and people there have this general, some what naive perception that we Tanzanians can't speak fluent English. I know we have all gone through such experience. How did you overcome such experience. Was it embarrassing? If so what would you do to improve your situation? Looking forward to engaging insights on this matter.

Since we all are here to learn English as our second language, I would like to hear experiences we go through as we perfect the skill. I was from one of our neighbouring East African country, and people there have this general, some what naive perception that we Tanzanians can't speak fluent English. I know we have all gone through such experience. How did you overcome such experience. Was it embarrassing? If so what would you do to improve your situation? Looking forward to engaging insights on this matter.

I believe it's true that Tanzanians are not good at English. But it's also true that we are good at Swahili.

In my opinion, English( both oral and written) is a must-have skill unless you want to remain local.

I am still working on my English, and I believe in a few years, I will have an excellent command of this language.

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app