English learning thread

The word " to" is a preposition. Immediately after a preposition ONLY a gerund, (a verbal noun or noun) can come. Remember, a preposition it can never be followed by a verb.
The word "seeing" is not a verb form and is not in present continuous form.

Seeing is noun, a gerund( a noun formed with a verb ending in " ing".)

So "I am Looking forward to seeing.. " is grammatically correct and acceptable.

I might be wrong about this, so feel free to correct me if that is the case.

Neno moja linaweza kupatikana katika aina tofauti za maneno.

Seeing = conjuction.
Seeing= gerund ( noun in dictionaries).
Seeing= verb after adding "ing" (doing verb/ present participle ) . It is another form of the verb "see" . Other forms are : sees, saw, seen.

But in this case, "..... to seeing". "Seeing " is a gerund - the gerund is a verb used as if it were a noun, but not in the same way as a noun. Since it is a verb, it can not be qualified by an adjective , nor preceded by an article , but, like other forms of the verb, it can be modified by an adverb and take a complement .

Gerund ina maana gan
Gerunds are words that are formed with verbs but act as nouns. They’re very easy to spot, since every gerund is a verb with "ing" tacked to its tail. A gerund can also act as object, subject or compliment in a sentence.

Example "seeing " "cooking" and alike is a noun formed by the verb ending "ing".
Lakini sio kila neno linaloishiwa na "ing" ukiliona kwenye sentence udhani ni gerund so make sure that the word you find is functioning as a noun in the sentence.
Example,
"The fish were swimming in the pond"

In this sentence, swimming is a verb because it is the action that the subject (fish) takes.

But

"Swimming is my favorite exercise."

In this sentence, swimming is a gerund because it is the subject – the thing that the sentence is about.

I hope this is helpful but have a look on Google ili kuelewa zaidi.

Neno moja linaweza kupatikana katika aina tofauti za maneno.

Seeing = conjuction.
Seeing= gerund ( noun in dictionaries).
Seeing= verb after adding "ing" (doing verb/ present participle ) . It is another form of the verb "see" . Other forms are : sees, saw, seen.

But in this case, "..... to seeing". "Seeing " is a gerund - the gerund is a verb used as if it were a noun, but not in the same way as a noun. Since it is a verb, it can not be qualified by an adjective , nor preceded by an article , but, like other forms of the verb, it can be modified by an adverb and take a complement .
Ni kweli ili kutambua maana ya neno ni kuliangalia limetumika kama nini kwenye sentence.
Mfano wengi waliosema yule mkuu alikosea walidhani lile neno limetumika kama verb iliyo kwenye form ya present continuous.
Thank you for this.

Simple rule ni kwamba neno lolote likiwa subject kwenye sentence linakuwa noun.
Gerunds are words that are formed with verbs but act as nouns. They’re very easy to spot, since every gerund is a verb with "ing" tacked to its tail. A gerund can also act as object, subject or compliment in a sentence.

Example "seeing " "cooking" and alike is a noun formed by the verb ending "ing".
Lakini sio kila neno linaloishiwa na "ing" ukiliona kwenye sentence udhani ni gerund so make sure that the word you find is functioning as a noun in the sentence.
Example,

In this sentence, swimming is a verb because it is the action that the subject (fish) takes.

But

In this sentence, swimming is a gerund because it is the subject – the thing that the sentence is about.

Me, I am learn it Madame cute b.
My English is poorly
Should I buy this?
Well, nisamehe kwa kukutuhumu, I shouldn't have done that.

You've written " Me, I am learn it " it was supposed to be "I am learning it(English)" Madame cute b.
Instead of "my English is POORLY" you can use " poor" or "my English is not good enough"

Poor is adjective while poorly is adverb (it give more information about verb) kwa kiswahili ni kama kielezi ( kama sijakosea) inakuwa inaelezea tendo(kitenzi) limefanyikaje.
Kwahiyo hauwezi kusema "my english is poorly" kwa sababu gani unajua? ( naomba unipe sababu kama umeelewa).

i want to improve it now, no matter what situation i will be facing,those circumstances have caused all these im facing today,i have started implimenting it,thanks for the advice
Thank You Mama Wawili for bringing this thread. I hope for those who don't know English like me. We will learn so much as well as having fun

Let me remind you to use proper punctuation marks (comma, full stop etc) in your paragraph.
Well, I am not that good at English, so anybody feel free to correct me if that is the case. Here are my suggestions....,

In your sentence you've written "I went to see my wife" you can use " I went to visit my wife" or "I visited my wife".

"Late on" it is/was supposed to be "later on'' which means that... the time or situation after the one that you've been talking about.

"I decided to return" I'd prefer to use " I decided to go back to Iringa" or "I went back" (because that's where you were before) however "to return" Or "I returned " is also correct and acceptable (but it seems very common and it's always good to try new things).

Btw, I like your story but try to work on my suggestions.

PS, Don't try to translate any sentence from Swahili (native language) to English, many times it creates big confusion. Think it in English.
And lastly, I strongly insist on the correct usage of punctuation in your sentences.

Cc. 4G LTE
I like your recommendations. You can just pass through those red marks quoted. Keep it up.

Example,

But

Kwa hizi nondo, naamini wanaopataga nafasi ya kukusikia ukizungumza juu ya kitu chochote, huwa wanajifunza mengi toka kwako.

Back
Top Bottom