Arsenal (The Gunners) | Special Thread

Hizi story kwamba Auba na Laca wanagoma ku sign new contract, sababu kubwa inayosemekana ni kwamba hawaoni Arsenal ikishiriki mashindano makubwa kwa siku za karibuni kama vile Uefa, je kuna ukweli wowote katika hili...? Will jr
Mkuu nimeskia hizo taarifa, Kama tusipoingia top 4 wanataka kuondoka.

Sahihi kabisa
Screenshot_20191105-191007.jpeg

Na hili kama lingekuwa kweli....dah ingekuwa poa sana maana hii game ingekuwa kama final,

Anayeng'olewa VS Anayeingia

Naomba iwe hivi
Screenshot_20191105-191131.jpeg

Are Mourinho or Ljungberg Right for the Job?

Over the past month or so, there has been a lot of speculation regarding the future of Arsenal head coach, Unai Emery. Performances have been sub-par, and the results have matched this trend. Six wins in our past eighteen Premier League games has put the Spaniard under pressure, and many other managers have been linked with his job. Throughout this article, I will examine two of the men who have found themselves linked most heavily - Freddie Ljungberg and José Mourinho.

Freddie Ljungberg.

It’s not exactly a surprise to see that Freddie Ljungberg has been linked with the job. The Swede rejoined the club in 2018 as the coach of the U23 side. He excelled in this role and was promoted to assistant manager ahead of the 2019/20 season.

As our form has started to dip, some media publications have claimed that the former Invincible has an interest in stepping in as an interim manager, should the opportunity arise. As we’ve seen at Manchester United, appointing an ex-player doesn’t always guarantee success. Although Solskjær impressed everyone immensely during his first few months in charge, the Red Devils now find themselves in 10th place, after their worst start to a domestic campaign in 33 years.

Ole-Gunnar Solskjær had limited experience prior to his appointment. The Norwegian had only managed Molde and Cardiff City prior to his current job. It is difficult to find many cons regarding Freddie’s potential appointment apart from the obvious one: it is a risk. As much as I like Ljungberg, he has no experience at a manager at the top level.

Whilst a job as an assistant manager is far from easy, it doesn’t always tell the full story about an individual’s ability. A clear example of this is Thierry Henry. Our all-time leading goalscorer was impressive as Roberto Martinez’ Belgium side at the 2018 World Cup. This earned him a move to his former club, AS Monaco, as head coach. Here, Thierry’s reputation took a huge hit, as he was unsuccessful at turning around the fortunes at the French club. He was sacked after roughly three months, and still hasn’t returned to management after almost a year.

Whether you like Freddie or not, I think it’s a stretch to act as if there isn’t some risk associated with the appointment. Nonetheless, there are also numerous potential positives which can’t be overlooked.

Firstly, he knows the current group of players. Their strengths, their weaknesses. The approach they each take into games, how they train and how to get the best out of them. Usually, when an external manager is appointed, it can take him a few weeks, or even month, to gain this level of insight. This undeniably works in Freddie’s favour, as we need to turn this ship around as soon as possible if we hope to secure Champions League qualification for the 2020/21 season.

Secondly, his time as U23 coach has given him a fantastic insight into the youth talent at our disposal. During pre-season, he recommended defensive midfielder Robbie Burton to Unai Emery. The Welsh U21 international went on to impress on our US tour, and Unai later admitted that he hadn’t heard of Burton until Ljungberg had recommended him. This shows just how deeply invested into our youth academy Freddie is. His knowledge of the up and coming talent at the club could be absolutely crucial, particularly if we have yet another restricted budget in the summer of 2020.

Another major impact that Ljungberg has had this season is helping academy graduates adjust to life with the first team. We’ve all seen players in the past who have immense ability, but fail to make a proper impact on football at the highest level. It isn’t their technique that is the problem, it is their mentality. The challenge of up from underage football where you’re a key player to first-team football for one of the biggest clubs in Europe cannot be underestimated. From being relatively unknown to playing in front of millions of people on television alongside world renowned stars like Mesut Özil and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang must be an incredible shock.

So far this season, we’ve seen the likes of Bukayo Saka, Reiss Nelson and Joe Willock make this step-up successfully, and Freddie has undoubtedly played his part. Each of the three players mentioned have been very open about his impact. He helps them integrate to the first team squad and can clarify any questions that they have about what the manager wants from them. For me, this is a key factor behind the success of the youth talent at the club this season. This would be incredibly useful for the likes of John-Jules, Balogun and Azeez as they attempt to make the same adjustment.

Finally, he understands the values at the club. Over the past 18 months, I can’t help but feel like this isn’t the Arsenal that I fell in love with. I associate Arsenal Football Club with class and attacking football. Under Unai Emery, this identity has slowly but surely faded. Whilst we have seen glimpses, it’s very sparingly, and it kills me to see us with such a lack of identity, both on and off the field.

Ljungberg has been at the club as a player, he’s worked his way up through the ranks as a coach and now finds himself linked with the biggest job available to him. He has always been a superb ambassador for the club off the field, and speaks about his times at the club very fondly. While many of our ex-players make their money by publicly slating their modern-day counterparts on television, Freddie opted to instead return to the club as a youth coach. The club clearly means a lot to him. While this is by no means enough to warrant him the job, it presumably will have an impact on the thought process of the club’s hierarchy.

Overall, I think that Ljungberg would be a high risk, high reward appointment. However, I feel like fans would be willing to give him time to adjust to his own transition. The lack of experience is worrying, but his success at youth level and links with the club in the past do work in his favour. It wouldn’t entirely surprise me if he was given a chance as interim manager until the end of the season, should our recent form continue.

José Mourinho.

If you had offered many Arsenal fans the prospect of being managed by José Mourinho a few years ago, I think most of them would have laughed. The ex-Chelsea boss wasn’t exactly a popular figure at Arsenal, and arguably still isn’t. Nonetheless, quite a large number of Arsenal fans have changed their tune in the past few months. Perhaps it is a sign of the predicament that we find ourselves in, but many are now welcoming the potential arrival with open arms.

Recent reports have linked Mourinho with the job, and the rumours escalated when he was pictured at The Emirates during our Europa League tie with Vitória. He also earned many admirers when analysing our current situation and set-up on Sky Sports following the North London derby in early-September.

There is no point in even attempting to criticise Mourinho’s whole career as a manager. His CV speaks for itself, and he has won trophies in every job that he’s found himself in. However, similarly to the situation with Arsène Wenger from 2016 onwards, former glories can only go so far. Mourinho isn’t the same manager as he was in 2010. As it stands, his most recent job was at Manchester United. He left last December, following a dismal start to his third season. When he was sacked, United found themselves in the bottom half of the table with many of the players at war with José. The feud between himself and World Cup winner Paul Pogba shares many similarities with the ongoing spat between Unai Emery and Mesut Özil.

Mourinho has a tendency to bring instant success, but at a price. He arguably leaves clubs in a worse position that he finds them, or at least, in recent years. A similar fate to his exit at Manchester United can be seen when observing his Chelsea career from 2013-2016. He had a largely successful first season, securing top four. He went on to win the league in his second year, before being sacked in December, as Chelsea found themselves in 16th place. Comparatively, at Manchester United, he won the League Cup and Europa League in his debut season. He went on to finish second in his second year in charge. However, he was sacked mid-way through the season as results plummeted and he seemingly lost the dressing-room.

As well as this, there is no point avoiding the elephant in the room: Mourinho has spoken negatively about Arsenal in the past, doesn’t particularly match with the values at the club and had made various jibes at our ex-manager, Arsène Wenger. This plays a major factor in the thinking of myself and many others.

In many ways, he is the polar opposite to Freddie Ljungberg. Whilst Mourinho offers potential short-term success before a long-term capitulation, Freddie offers potential. Success will not be instant, but he could learn from his experiences and readjust accordingly, allowing both us and him to flourish in the long run. While Mourinho’s play style focuses on solidarity at the back, Freddie is more interested in free-flowing, attacking football. José is widely renowned for his mind games and wind up comments in press conferences, which doesn’t particularly fit in the the philosophy at Arsenal. Alternatively, Freddie has fit in with the culture at the club for upwards of twenty years.

For me, it’s pretty simple. Is José Mourinho a better manager than Unai Emery? Yes. Would José Mourinho be a good appointment if he could refund his form from his initial success at Inter Milan, Chelsea and FC Porto? Absolutely. Does he match the values of the club? No. Could he obtain Champions League football for the upcoming 2020/21 season? Yes. Is he the man to turn this ship around and turn us into a European superpower in the long-run? Absolutely not.

Conclusion.

The rumoured fee being thrown around regarding the pay-off that Unai Emery would receive should the club sack him is £6m. On the other hand, the fee for successfully qualifying for the UEFA Champions League is upwards of £30m. The board now have to decide between which is most important to them. Whilst £6m is a lot of money, it would be £6m well spent should the Spaniard’s successor secure us a spot in the top four. With Spurs and Manchester United struggling, there is undoubtedly an opportunity there for Arsenal. It remains to be seen whether or not we will have the quality necessary to take it.

I personally believe that there are better options available to us than those mentioned above, but the media seem to view Freddie and José as the front runners for the potential opening. How would you feel about either of them being appointed? And if you would prefer us to look elsewhere, please don’t hesitate to let me know who your ideal choice is in the comments section below. As always, thank you for reading. Let’s hope that whatever decision the hierarchy make will bring success back to the club we love.

morinyo ni kocha ambae zama zake zimepita.. mbinu zake maadui washazijua ,haezi isogeza ppte arsenal zaid sna atairdish nyuma ,sishauri apewe kazi pale.

Napata taarifa hapa Xhaka sio kaptein tena wa Arsenal

Unai Emery told Granit Xhaka this morning that he is no longer one of the captains of the #AFC group.

Hivo kitambaa rasmi kinaenda kwa Aubamiyang
Screenshot_2019-11-05-22-45-48.jpeg

Xhaka kaondolewa kwenye Group LA macaptein

Xhaka rasmi sio captain wa Arsenal

Napata kuiiamini hii sentesi xhaka to leave in January window

BREAKING: Granit Xhaka has been stripped of the Arsenal captaincy after his row with fans during the draw against Crystal Palace

Dayot Upamecano’s game by numbers vs. Zenit:

88% pass accuracy
12 ball recoveries
4 clearances
2 aerials won
0 goals conceded

One of the best young CBs

Back
Top Bottom