African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Thanks,
I think I will have to lower coz i blind scanned but no MBC channels and I dont have the tp 1471 V SR 27500 for MBC on eutelsat 8w on my TP list, tried manually adding the TP but no signal nor quality, am using astrovox reciever which does not have eutelsat 7w nor eutelsat 8w on the satellite list but I get the eutelsat 7W channels under sattelite labelled uerobird 9A. If I lower the dish and blind scan will that work?

Hiyo ulitoa wapi kaka? Perhaps that's where you're going wrong. The correct tp is 11471 v as shown in this screen capture:

Capture.JPG

C-band LNBs come with their own scalar rings. However, I have read that offset dishes require the conical scalar ring as opposed to the flat type that comes with these LNBs and which is intended for primefocus dishes.

See some attempts here:

Conical Scalar Ring Test Results

Thanks for the enlightenment. Can i get them conical scaler rings anywhere here? At all? Anybody knows anything about sourcing them,:ear: or seen then somewhere here? Else looks like i will have to ship one in.:thinking: :help:

Hello,
Did you change your elevation to get MBC channels on 8W? Have a 180cm dish on nilesat and 7w setup, MBC channels on 7w have left. How can I get the ones on 8w?

if you are not bothered about losing other goodies on the 7W gang, it is quite simple, really. punch in the frequency of the *w sat(MBC) which is 11470,symbol rate 27500 polarization V, and watch the signal level. or get an assistant to help there. do not move your dish side-ways, a all. just loosen the dolts/nuts in the up-down slotted space an gently lower the dish. the signal you are interested in should show some quality. that is all. you do not have to lower it by more than 2cm. if you do, and no signal quality is established, you have gone too far and there is something wrong in your setup. go back where you were(hoping :doh:you have 7W marked nicely on the dish graduations and mounting pole) and start again. you can not just click on the undo button in this case.:nono:

I think I will have to lower coz i blind scanned but no MBC channels and I dont have the tp 1471 V SR 27500 for MBC on eutelsat 8w on my TP list, tried manually adding the TP but no signal nor quality, am using astrovox reciever which does not have eutelsat 7w nor eutelsat 8w on the satellite list but I get the eutelsat 7W channels under sattelite labelled uerobird 9A. If I lower the dish and blind scan will that work?
Pole bro, that was a typing error, I meant 11471 and not 1471 v

As long as you enter the correct Frequency, Polarisation, Symbol Rate and FEC (automatic if not sure), the TP should be responsive if active irrespective of the name of the satellite in your receiver where you feed this information as long as your satellite dish (+LNB) is pointed at a satellite that has these corresponding parameters. What I would like to ask though is at what angle your LNB is skewed? as this affects the Polarisation especially if you have to feed in the TP parameters manually. If your LNB is @ 12 O'clock the polarisation for the 11471 should be Horizontal and Vertical if your LNB is skewed @ 9 o'clock. Yes blind scan should work but only if your dish is positioned to receive 8˚W.
I receive 7˚W and 8˚W with one LNB on a 135cm offset dish and like you suggest lowering (but very slightly) should give you the desired result. How quick you'll achieve this will depend on the size of your dish. I installed this setup for a friend in Entebbe - Uganda, on a 1m offset and only took a minute to have both 7˚W and 8˚W on one LNB.
Break a leg!

Thanks,

which astrovox receiver do you have? try and see if you can update its software here Astrovox and Micro-x Support page

Thanks for the enlightenment. Can i get them conical scaler rings anywhere here? At all? Anybody knows anything about sourcing them,:ear: or seen then somewhere here? Else looks like i will have to ship one in.:thinking: :help:

Hi Emboko ,

I can get you the offset scalar ring albeit not a new one ...

had some free time today n managed to get all MBC channel back on 8w with 130cm dish. Am also gettin cnn and mtv on 7w using one lnb.

I thought it was not easy untill i visited the roof yesterday, surprisingly, i managed to use 2 lnbs on my 130cm offset to get 7w & 8w using the first lnb and 7E & zuku guest channel using the 2nd lnb. on 7w i have MTV, CNN, BBC as the weakest tps at 62%. the MBCs are loud and clear in HD. However, i think i shorted my diseq switch 1st and 4th port. i am planning to buy another.:A S angel:

Anyone in mombasa on 8w?
Plz tell us your experience on the same
Hello,
I'm on 8W ,still experimenting.... 1.8pf Dish with stargold fuji LNB (EC 900) ?.... Lost all TPs on 7w.... crackling at around midday but clear other times.... Aljazeera TP (11636 V 27500 )is most stable... KTV TP (11678 V 27500) most unstable.... MBC TP enjoyable better than on 7W... QTV (11512 V 27500 ) signal is Okay

However My Setup has seen better days.. all due to corrosion...:loco:

Hello,
I'm on 8W ,still experimenting.... 1.8pf Dish with stargold fuji LNB (EC 900) ?.... Lost all TPs on 7w.... crackling at around midday but clear other times.... Aljazeera TP (11636 V 27500 )is most stable... KTV TP (11678 V 27500) most unstable.... MBC TP enjoyable better than on 7W... QTV (11512 V 27500 ) signal is Okay

However My Setup has seen better days.. all due to corrosion...:loco:

In Mombasa i think 8ft dish is required. i hope i'm wrong as my 7w setup is on a 6ft.

By the way does anyone know shops stocking inverto black pro quad prime focus lnbs

My Dish Size is 1.2m and i'm using an inverto Black Ultra lnb. locations shores of Lake Victoria, Homabay Couty

Member from Homabay, i knock on your door! I have visited this county and wish to see you! Its a great chance to meet, know one another and exchange a few ideas. What say you? Pm contacts maybe?

Anyone getting SSHD3 on Intelsat 20 68.5E SA Beam?The channel is free now.I can not get the HD channels with 2.4m pf antenna.I have stargold LNB.If I use the black ultra can it improve reception using this antenna?

Here in down coast its very easy 2 get south african beam on is 68.5e with 120cm nd above so i think guys in nairibi u need a biger dish, try ds tp 11553 v 30000

Hi Kevin,
Kindly let me know where to get those decoders and how to subscribe. My search indicated 1yr subscription goes for 159 Euros while the decoded plus subscription cost around 350 Euros. That is damn expensive. Where did you pay 3500?

How can i get the decoder n subscription ?
Hi Kevin,
Kindly let me know where to get those decoders and how to subscribe. My search indicated 1yr subscription goes for 159 Euros while the decoded plus subscription cost around 350 Euros. That is damn expensive. Where did you pay 3500?

Back
Top Bottom