African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Kind of gave up. I'm now just watching the east african beam with RT Doc & Ethiopian channels on the 6ft. something I could do with 65cm. What a waste of dish space. Also tried with Pauxis single solution, failed. Thanks for the new tip I'll try again with the Eurostar. Or if you could give me Ideas on where to buy the Supermax 777 I'd Appreciate
See me we meet in town i will supply you with one.

hi.i joined this forum about two years year ago but i have lacked an opportunity to set up my system.now i am finally ready.can someone please hook me up with a decent ku lnb next week (around 26th,27th)before i go full blast in Jan.of course i can go to luthuli but this forum has more experienced gurus.Decent means from 1k to 2k.i have this ka90 cm dissthiff dish i wanna test before i get a bigger one.
You can PM me the damages n place of meeting. I'll be available from afte Tommorow

You're better off fabricating your own. Reason? LNB skew.

Previous posts by msondaa [HASHTAG]#11593[/HASHTAG]...its better to make the combined lnb yourself coz you can play around with the skew of the ku lnd which is on top, hizi za dukani ziko fixed and overpriced. i also wouldnt advice on using superglue to connect this two lnbs sababu kwa muathiriwa wa ASAS hio setup sioni ikikaa more than two months => African Satellite World and Sat Gear

By dejumbo [HASHTAG]#11587[/HASHTAG]... C & Ku band combination LNBs are very easy to make. All you need is a hacksaw to cut the bottom of a C band LNB. Also super glue to attach the Ku LNB to the hole in the C band LNB.

This combination comes in handy on satellites like IS 20 @ 68.5 degrees East which carry both C & Ku band channels. Some years ago a Ugandan forum member (Bosteve) did it and shared his pictures on former RDI site.

Here are his pictures to give you an idea how to join the two LNBs => African Satellite World and Sat Gear

You're better off fabricating your own. Reason? LNB skew.
I've got this Pauxis combo and with the right screw driver, you can separate the c from the ku and independently set the skew right for each band then screw it back together

b290c45ac6a29f3421e89f75e53566df.jpg

I also made a combined lnb like this and it worked very well. The trick I used was to make sure the vertical probe in the Ku was aligned to the vertical probe in the cband lnb. Same for the horizontal probes. That way the skew for the two lnbs are the same and have no alignment conflict when the two lnbs are glued.

Weekly software updates are costly to decoder manufacturers ... Free sat LOGO changing soon. ..means they have accepted defeat as @ the rat race,more manufacturers to follow ? The heat in the kitchen is unbearable, Soon or later 24 Will be EXTINCT .like it or not.

Back
Top Bottom