Whitney Houston's return to the spotlight after seven years

Spear

JF-Expert Member
Jun 21, 2008
Dazzling Whitney Houston makes a triumphant return to spotlight after seven years

By Lizzie Smith
Last updated at 3:24 PM on 15th July 2009

https://www.jamiiforums.com/tvshowb...lic-eye-launches-new-album-I-Look-To-You.html

For much of the decade Whitney Houston has been out of the spotlight, fighting to get her once charmed life back under control.
But as she arrived in Britain last night, it seemed the tide has turned for the soul singer who was back to her dazzling best.

Her gaunt and ravaged look has gone and the polished professional who won millions of fans with songs such as I Will Always Love You was back with a big smile.

And a new album, of course.

article-1199707-05B64C61000005DC-486_468x759.jpg
She's back: Whitney Houston arrives at The Mandarin Oriental Hotel in London to launch her new album I Look To You

Enlarge
Enlarge

What a difference: After years away from the spotlight Whitney looked back to her best as she arrived in London (L); a ravaged Whitney in 2006

The 45-year-old arrived last night to launch I Look To You, her first studio CD in seven years, at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in London's Knightsbridge.
She wore a black belted mac which she removed once inside to reveal a flattering black and white Dolce & Gabbana dress.
The crowd, including Top Shop billionaire Sir Phillip Green, gave Whitney a standing ovation.

article-1199707-05B661FD000005DC-154_468x574.jpg
Her biggest fan: Whitney gets a hug from Top Shop billionaire Sir Phillip Green

Tracks have already been leaked on the internet, where they have met with a mixed response - the most critical claiming her voice has been ruined.
But music mogul Clive Davis, who discovered the soul diva 25 years ago, disagrees.
'You won't forget it after you hear it,' he said, calling the album a labour of love for all involved.
'There is a song on this album which is called "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" and it really speaks for Whitney.
'She tumbled but she didn't crumble.'

article-1199707-05B660C6000005DC-505_468x286.jpg
We love it: Whitney's album got a standing ovation from the invited guests

In 2001, Houston shocked fans with her gaunt appearance at a Michael Jackson tribute concert in New York.
In December 2002, she admitted she had experimented with drugs and alcohol during an interview with American broadcaster Diane Swayer on ABC.

has been at times. (All) at time... uh-hm.
'I don't like to think of myself addicted... I had a bad habit which can be broken. I'm not gonna tell you I'm somebody's junkie. My business is sex, drugs, rock and roll. Trust me. I partied my tail off.'
article-1199707-05B660D3000005DC-92_468x619.jpg
Worth waiting for: Whitney thrilled the VIP guests

Despite her denials, she checked into rehab in Georgia two years later.
But since splitting from ex-husband Bobby Brown in 2006 and winning custody of their daughter Bobbi Kristina, Houston has been steadily planning her comeback with the help of J Records boss Davis.
And anyone can win her fans back it should be Grammy-winner Whitney.
She is the only artist ever to have had seven consecutive multiplatinum albums, beating even the Beatles.
Worldwide she has sold 140 million albums and 50 million singles, with I Will Always Love You, released in 1993, becoming one of the biggest selling records of all time

It's hard to get back on top once you are down especially kama umri umekwenda kama huyu mama. I doubt she will ever reach the top again. Lakini uwezo wa kutoa vitu vizuri najua anao kwa sababu kipaji hakifi. All the best Whitney.

Namkumbukia kwenye movie ya The Bodyguard..Ana sauti nzuri sana!.Hopeful atarudi kwa nguvu zote tena!

Mwanafalsafa, Tina Turner aliweza kurudi kwenye chati mwaka 1984 baada ya kupewa talaka na kunyang'anywa kila kitu na mume wake Ike Turner na baadae kupotea kwenye ulimwengu wa muziki kwa miaka kama kumi hivi.

Akidhamiria kurudi basi atarudi kikweli kweli

Naona sasa kapania kweli kurudi kwenye spotlight maana kuna uzinduzi wa TV Show next wednesday July 22, 2009.

Mwanafalsafa, Tina Turner aliweza kurudi kwenye chati mwaka 1984 baada ya kupewa talaka na kunyang'anywa kila kitu na mume wake Ike Turner na baadae kupotea kwenye ulimwengu wa muziki kwa miaka kama kumi hivi.

Akidhamiria kurudi basi atarudi kikweli kweli

Thanks for the info mkuu. What I meant to say is that I doubt she will reach the level she was in during the late 80's and early 90's. Kurudi kwenye chat anaweza but it will be very hard for her to reclaime her former glory. Tumeona wana muziki wengi tu wenye vipaji vikubwa lakini once they go down they find it hard to reach the top of the mountain again na mfano mzuri ni Michael Jackson who was probably one of the most talented singers, song writers and entertainers of all time.

Now that the bad influence Bobby Brown is out of her life, my gut feelings tells me that she will make it big.
A lesson to men and women, msikubali kujibadili maisha yenu mazuri na kuchukua yale mabaya ili kuwaridhisha wapenzi wenu hata kama ni wanandoa wenzenu. Try to choose someone of good standing in the society.Ukichagua mtu mwovu ni mawili - ujaribu kulandana nae au uachane naye uishi kivyakovyako. Whitney alichelewa mno kuamua njia iliyo njema.

Sasa anapasia na hali itakuwa nzuri. Mungu na ambariki katika maisha yake mapya katika fani.

She should get a restraining order for Bobby, coz am sure the dude wount keep his distance, and as you know once she takes a hit, she is down the same road.. But on the optimistic side, She will make it big this time round especially with the death of Michael Jackson and everyone is feeling sentimental.... Peeps will buy her album despite the biting recession.

Maisha yetu sisi Binaadam hakuna kitu.

Sema PUMZI zinatudanganya sana

Back
Top Bottom