Tension in Mombasa as Al-Shabaab suspect Rogo killed

Kabaridii,

I believe we are on the same page isipokua you are not laying responsibility where it should be...the KE police!!!
If they were Rogos enemies(which I find hard to believe knowing he was on his home turf) then they will
be caught soon huh? Remember I posted earlier on that the killers of Samir Khan have not been arrested yet.
Add that to the list of Pio Gama Pinto, JM Kariuki, Tom Mboya, Robert Ouko......etc. You catch my drift?

I have seen the guy on tape talking about Jihad and all that hoopla about AlShabaab which I don't support.
What I'm failing to understand ni mbona hawakumshtaki na kumfunga hapo Shimo la Tewa, Kamiti au Manyani
Prisons? This chaos would have avoided and people would be going on with their lives without fear of sectarian
violence.

That's my worry right there bro.

PS: As for Muite, the day he took Pattni's money that was it for me.

Ab-Titchaz,

Huyu Muite ni wale tunaoita opportunists wanaoendesha vyombo vya dola/NGO...That is how they operate...Some NGO corporate values unajua tu hawana...How fast have you ruled out kwamba hawa walikuwa enemies wa rogo? pengine hata walitofautiana na kina wenzake waislamu kuhusu fedha za msaada. you never know, do not be quick to judge.
Hoja za kitoto kabisa!.Lini umeona waislamu wanaogombea pesa ya msaada wakipigana kwa risasi tena 16 mwilini.Ingekuwa ni ngumi na bakora sawa.
Kumbe mwenyewe anaweza kugombea pesa ya msaada na wenzake,sasa hiyo misaada ya kuwapelekea Alshabaab anaitoa wapi.
Wewe Kabaridi huenda ni sehemu ya mfumo waliomuua sheikh wetu sasa mnatafuta namna ya kukwepa tuhuma.Elewa ya kuwa waislamu sio ndugu za Juha Kalulu.

Boss, sio presha bali nilikua naeka mambo wazi. By the way I'm enjoying this sober conversation with you
despite the set of circumstances prevailing.

Kisha nowhere in my posting did I say KNHCR is a christian organization. Hio once again umeleta wewe.

Once again lemmie give you my perspective. I do not like the way Rogo went about his business more so if it involved
the death of innocent people...be they Christians or Muslims. At the same time I do not like the way the man
met his death...VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE. Violence and human blood do not augur well with me.

Meanwhile who labeled this guy a terrorist? Si wangemshika tu from the jump and link him to the Kikambala
bombings....kisha wamfunge and throw away the key.I believe Kenya has those anti-terrorism laws since
the attacks on the US embassy and the collateral damage on the Cooperative building on the side. What
became of those laws?

Why was this man not accorded Due Process? Hio bado hujajibu. Murdering people in broad daylight is not a civilized
way to go about this thing. It only emboldens this man's supporters coz we saw what they did in Majengo area and parts
of the CBD of Mombasa. Also acts like these make Rogo get sympathisers like me in this case. You just don't gun down
people arbitrarily simply because you dont like the way they think. The man was taking his wife to hosi and another
relative...both innocent people if u ask me yet they got bullets in them as we speak.

In regards to the burning of christian churches, I abhor those actions to the fullest but I guess that is the collateral
damage that comes from the act of shooting somebody dead in broad daylight. The KE police have all tools at their
disposal to arrest these kinda people, stall the judicial process and eventually lock them up. What didn't they simply
do that? Are those police units rogue doing things like they want without asking questions?

Trying to justify Rogo's murder will not wash!

First of all, can I just point out that we do not know yet who killed this man and why. You're jumping the gun again, as you did with the UG helicopter story (or as you usually do with all things Kenyan). For all we know, it could be his own side that did it..the man operates in a world which deals out death indiscriminately. who hasn't seen how many AS and affiliates top leadership have been assassinated over the last couple of years in their internal power struggles...

The Kenya police had arrested him and were taking him through a judicial process where they would have, hopefully, demonstrated his guilt...so I don't really know where you get the idea that they were not prepared to follow through with that.

If, in the aftermath of all those attacks targeting xtians, would you have accepted it as collateral damage if xtians had started attacking Muslims and their places of worship? By your logic, it would be an understandable reaction, no?

I'm not justifying his killing, which in any case could have been perpetrated by anyone, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it...while you sympathise with Rogo, I sympathise more with the victims of his ideologies, including the young Muslim men he sent to their deaths in Somalia while he himself was living in comfort in Kenya ad even demanding protection from the Kenyan state.

First of all, can I just point out that we do not know yet who killed this man and why. You're jumping the gun again, as you did with the UG helicopter story (or as you usually do with all things Kenyan). For all we know, it could be his own side that did it..the man operates in a world which deals out death indiscriminately. who hasn't seen how many AS and affiliates top leadership have been assassinated over the last couple of years in their internal power struggles...

The Kenya police had arrested him and were taking him through a judicial process where they would have, hopefully, demonstrated his guilt...so I don't really know where you get the idea that they were not prepared to follow through with that.

If, in the aftermath of all those attacks targeting xtians, would you have accepted it as collateral damage if xtians had started attacking Muslims and their places of worship? By your logic, it would be an understandable reaction, no?

I'm not justifying his killing, which in any case could have been perpetrated by anyone, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it...while you sympathise with Rogo, I sympathise more with the victims of his ideologies, including the young Muslim men he sent to their deaths in Somalia while he himself was living in comfort in Kenya ad even demanding protection from the Kenyan state.
kshaka,

You have a way with words trying to portray people for what they are not. Where are you getting this notion
that I'm a sympathiser of The Sheikh and his ideologies? All I'm saying is I don't support the murder of innocent
people be they Al-Shabaab, Christians in churches or parking boys in the streets unless it's in a Declaration of
War setting.

When you are talking about the police had arrested him and wanted to take him through the judicial
process I see that as a 'Johnny-come-lately' move. Read my posts again. After the Kikambala bombings
they had everything they needed to lock him up but as usual someone bungled the investigations and the man
walked! If they couldn't make a serious case like that stick what makes you think they would get the gun charges
case going?

You asked a question "If, in the aftermath of all those attacks targeting xtians, would you have accepted it as
collateral damage if xtians had started attacking Muslims and their places of worship? "
Yes I would accept it but it
doesn't mean I support the idea. When anarchy and chaos set in, that is a set of circumstances you have no control
over. You simply accept the situation and try to remedy it.

Kabaridii,

I believe we are on the same page isipokua you are not laying responsibility where it should be...the KE police!!!
If they were Rogos enemies(which I find hard to believe knowing he was on his home turf) then they will
be caught soon huh? Remember I posted earlier on that the killers of Samir Khan have not been arrested yet.
Add that to the list of Pio Gama Pinto, JM Kariuki, Tom Mboya, Robert Ouko......etc. You catch my drift?

I have seen the guy on tape talking about Jihad and all that hoopla about AlShabaab which I don't support.
What I'm failing to understand ni mbona hawakumshtaki na kumfunga hapo Shimo la Tewa, Kamiti au Manyani
Prisons? This chaos would have avoided and people would be going on with their lives without fear of sectarian
violence.

That's my worry right there bro.

PS: As for Muite, the day he took Pattni's money that was it for me.

Kwanza Ab-titchaz,

Sina la kusema ila nimebaki kushangazwa na kitendo hiki..Naamini hao waliotenda kitendo hicho walifanya kinyume na sheria. lakini wakati huu kama PM anavosisitiza suala la anti-terrorism bill; ni lazima wakati huu uchukuliwe maanani.
I believe without any bill to enforce law against terrorist activities, jailing suspects of terrorism will be difficult. It would seem unlawful to jail terrorist suspect without a passed law. So Rogos release (I think) was based that. We all know what would be the case if we were in the past regimes.

Wewe Kabaridi huenda ni sehemu ya mfumo waliomuua sheikh wetu sasa mnatafuta namna ya kukwepa tuhuma.

Hapa ndugu umeteleza kidogo na hasira..Kumbuka haiwezekani washirki hapa JF kuhusika na vitendo vya kinyama kama kilichotendeka. Hoja hapa ni kujadili habari inavyotokea. That what you have said is too ambiguos and inflamatory statement I think MODS should restrain such guys from promoting such negative hatred on the blogosphere.

kshaka,

You have a way with words trying to portray people for what they are not.

I didnt put these words in your mouth (or at your fingertips, as it were);

"...Also acts like these make Rogo get sympathisers like me in this case..."

I didnt put these words in your mouth (or at your fingertips, as it were);

"...Also acts like these make Rogo get sympathisers like me in this case..."

Good try!

I sympathise with dude in his death not in his teachings. Its sad that he was shot in front
of HIS KID!!!...that child is traumatized for life!

UPDATES:

Grenade has been blown in Kisauni na nasikia kuna polisi kapigwa risasi.

Ndo kushachafuka huko.

Rais Kibaki is expected in Mombasa tonite kufungua ASK Show (Kama saba saba flani hivi)

[h=1]Two policemen feared dead in Kisauni grenade attack[/h]

Two policemen were feared dead after youth protesting the killing of fiery preacher Aboud Rogo hurled a grenade at a contingent of the officers in Kisauni, Mombasa.

Sixteen other officers were rushed to hospital after suffering injuries during the latest incident at Mwandoni Tuesday.

Earlier, the youth had set the Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA) Kisauni on fire and vandalised the parish minister's house.

The unruly mob stole, among other things, at least 100 bibles.

Twelve people were arrested in Mombasa during the confrontation between police and rowdy youth.

Ten were bundled into a police van at Majengo area while two others were taken into custody near Msikiti Musa in the restive town.

Two policemen feared dead in Kisauni grenade attack- Politics|nation.co.ke

Wakenya wamemua sababu ya USA....Obama alimtaja huyu mtu kuwa ni gaidi.....Na mali zake zilitaifishwa na USA
Sema wenzetu huwa wana uhakika wanaposema kitu. Ila nadhani hapo kutakuwa na kitu nyuma ya pazia ambacho sisi wengine hatukifahamu

Hata mimi nimeliona hilo....Sasa huyo dogo yuko teyari kujitoa mhanga...

naona ndio wanautapakaza ugaidi duniani

kwa mfano imekutokea wewe sasa ukiwa mdogo na mdingi ndio anapigwa risasi mbele yako na kumbuka ndio amebeba maisha yako kwa hiyo kufa kwake ndio kifo chako pia kimaisha na mengineyo

Sheikh Rogo ni nani ?

Mhubiri wa kiislamu Aboud Rogo aliyekamatwa kwa madai ya kuwa na silaha nyumbani kwake huko kilifi ameachiliwa. Rogo aliachiliwa kwa dhamana ya shilingi milioni tano na wadhamini watatu wa kiasi kama hicho.Aboud Rogo alikamatwa januari 29 nyumbani kwake.

jamaa anamwambia pilisi kuwa nawe ni mmoja wapo,duu huyo polisi sijui anajisikiaje hapo alipo

Last edited by a moderator:
HALI YA USALAMA MOMBASA WAZIRI MKUU WA KENYA MH. RAILA ODINGA NA VIONGOZI WAUNGANA KUWASII WANANCHI:

Source : KTN KENYA youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
MPs want details of cleric's killing made public
Nairobi, Kenya
28/08/2012

MPs want the details of Mombasa-based cleric Aboud Rogo's killing revealed to the public.

They also want a report on why the police had not arrested any culprits despite the crime having been committed in "broad daylight".

Speaking in Parliament Tuesday, the MPs said the killing and the consequent riots had cast a dark shadow on the stability of the nation, more so, as the country heads to the next elections.

They said the clashes in Mombasa in which a police officer, among a group sent to quell the riots was killed, was a pointer of the state of insecurity in the country.

Dr Boni Khalwale (Ikolomani) said the Internal Security minister Yusuf Haji should tell the country whether the killing of the cleric was extrajudicial, given that "weeks before the cleric was shot, he had complained that his life was in danger".

"The minister should also confirm whether this was indeed an execution by an elite squad probably from the US (United States of America) in its pursuit of terror suspects all over the world," said Dr Khalwale.

The Ikolomani MP also sought an explanation on why the daylight killing had made Muslim youth to raid, loot and burn churches in Mombasa. He also sought more names of Kenyans who are on the US terror watch-list.

Martha Karua (Gichugu) said Mr Haji, when he comes to Parliament on Thursday, should also tell the country the exact number of people arrested for the looting spree that accompanied the clashes.

READ more from source: MPs want details of cleric's killing made public- Politics|nation.co.ke

Back
Top Bottom