Tanzania's Military Geniuses (1812-2012)

secret sources? every source must be subjected to scrutiny!

They are still classified. You need to wait until the wikiLiki get hold of them. By the way, something is wrong in Tanzania. It seems to me that everybody is looking for heros so people can paint imaginary pictures of the past and then compare them with the current leadership.

"In 1888 at the coast, Bushiri bin Salim who had fought for years against the Zanzibar sultans, rose against the Germans and drove them out of all major coastal towns. Imperial Commissioner Captain von Wissmann stormed Bagamoyo in 1889 and captured Bushiri who was hanged in December. Bwana Heri and his Zigua tribe continued resistance but, unable to withstand the German assaults, surrendered in April 1890. Unrest spread South and in 1890 Kilwa put up strong resistance under Hassan bin Omari Makunganya who was captured in May and hung from a mango tree in Kilwa Kivinje. Chief Machemba of the Yao defied the Germans also in 1890 and it took 9 years to force him to negotiate peace" - Clip on Hassan bin Omari Makunganya

Mkuu katika ile vita sio kila mpiganaji alikuwa 'military genius', kuna waliokuwa 'vichwa vya vita' na wanajulikana.

Hakuna aliyekuwa kichwa kumzidi mkuu wa majeshi plani zote za vita yeye ndiye aliyekuwa akiziratibu; Twalipo hakuwa kada kama mnavyotaka kuiweka ni mwanajeshi by profession tafuta historia yake utaona ni jinsi ya askari alivyokuwa.

Chama
Gongo la mboto DSM

their role in that war qualifies them as 'military geniuses', the former applied aerodynamics tricks to fool amin's radars and shell-shock his soldiers, making them think the loud rattling of the liberation planes was the raining of bombs

Really? This is the first time I hear this mumbo jumbo. I need to get a cup of Babu miracle water to understand this.

By the way, something is wrong in Tanzania. It seems to me that everybody is looking for heros so people can paint imaginary pictures of the past and then compare them with the current leadership.

Indeed but this thread is not for looking for heroes, it is to set the records straight - without documenting our history we might be told retired colonel so and so was/is a 'military genius' though he or she hardly strategized let alone wore a combat!

Really? This is the first time I hear this mumbo jumbo. I need to get a cup of Babu miracle water to understand this.

It is documented on TBC's special documentary on the war but, of course, you have the right to trust your secret source which could as well be a sham hence the need to scrutinize it through triangulation!

Indeed but this thread is not for looking for heroes, it is to set the records straight - without documenting our history we might be told retired colonel so and so was/is a 'military genius' though he or she hardly strategized let alone wore a combat!

During the Uganda war, the top commanders of the Tanzanian army were uneducated fools. The people who made the difference were the mid level officers.

Milambo was a slave trader war lord.

Sir, this is not a normative analysis, we are simply focusing on the 'military genius-ness' and that list at a global level includes both good and bad military folks: Saladin, Hitler, Charlemagne, Genseric, Attila, Shaka, Wallace, Spartacus et al.

It is documented on TBC's special documentary on the war but, of course, you have the right to trust your secret source which could as well be a sham hence the need to scrutinize it through triangulation!

Do I look like I watch Tea Blenders Corporation? I do research and have access to impartial sources.

1. Kinjeketile Ngwale
2. Mkwawa Munyigumba
3. David Musuguri
4. Chief Chabruma
5. Robert Mboma
6. ...

1. DAVIS MWAMUNYANGE. Kaboresha masilahi ya wanajeshi, kalifanya jeshi kuwa la kisasa na kivutio kwa vijana wengi hasa wasomi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hakuna aliyekuwa kichwa kumzidi mkuu wa majeshi plani zote za vita yeye ndiye aliyekuwa akiziratibu; Twalipo hakuwa kada kama mnavyotaka kuiweka ni mwanajeshi by profession tafuta historia yake utaona ni jinsi ya askari alivyokuwa.

Chama
Gongo la mboto DSM

Mkuu si nimekuwekea historia yake hapo ujibizane nayo ila naona umeshindwa, hizo zilikuwa enzi za chama na makada kushika hatamu ambazo zinaanza kujirudia kwa makanali wastaafu kupewa nyadhifa za kichama wasimamie hiki na kile.

Sir, this is not a normative analysis, we are simply focusing on the 'military genius-ness' and that list at a global level includes both good and bad military folks: Saladin, Hitler, Charlemagne, Genseric, Attila, Shaka, Wallace, Spartacus et al.

Sir, I know where you are heading. The country is craving for heros and do gooders, and you have decided to pick anybody in history book. Shame on you.

During the Uganda war, the top commanders of the Tanzanian army were uneducated fools. The people who made the difference were the mid level officers.

This is insults to our heroes you must be ashamed of yourself; you have been in US for quite sometime by now you should understand what military mean; it can`t believe what you said but our military fought for us; and honest speaking they did a very good job.

Chama
Gongo la mboto DSM

Do I look like I watch Tea Blenders Corporation? I do research and have access to impartial sources.

anyone can concoct and fabricate then claim that their source is secret, hidden or anonymous - if you trust the credibility of your sources cite them for other to crosscheck