Sick of people going on about my age?

Timor

Feb 4, 2009
I am coming up to 25 and am sick of people saying to me things like:

1. Quarter of a century. Time is getting on now. You need to be thinking about settling down and kids.
2. No longer a young girl now
3. Time to stop going out to clubs and bars.

What I dont get is that 24 is considered young. 25 is only a year older so why does everyone act as though your life is over? I want to cry when I think about being 25 in a few weeks. The only thing I have going for me is that I am good at my job with young children. Other then that, I am single, still living at home and in a job below my degree qualification although I do enjoy it.
I am a failure and I know I am a disappointment to my mum as she thought I would be married and with kids by now.
I just feel so utterly depressed.Who next to this issue???

timor ...........pengine unakosea kumfahamu mama yako tu. furaha yake ni kukuona wewe na furaha...........hayo mengine ni extra tu.

age is nothing but a number, ishi vile unavyopenda, usilazimishe kufanya mambo kwa kuwa mama anataka au kwa kuwa jamii inatarajia ufanye hivyo.

muhimu uwe na furaha na usijiweke kwenye harms way

If you get sick over people's attitudes you will surely be sick all your life.

As for me, my attitude is celibate, I don't give a f**k, as long as I have convictions about my positions I could care less what "people" think. The people who matter the most and really love me already have confidence in my ability to make the right decisions. You need to operate on that level.

I have neither a liking for being praised nor an aversion to being disliked. If you can blissfully walk that equanimity tightrope, without hubris, you will surely enjoy the human conditions with all its sorry and kaleidoscopic vagaries.

Stop worrying abt the age, coz u wll end up thinking of DEATH!(GOOOSH!)

What u are supposed to think about is fulfiling your goals or plan, and hence living a good life now and later!
Nikuchekeshe- sometym mimi nasahau umri wangu kabisa, nakumbushwa tu na mke wangu..huh!

Pole, but it is true tht ur not growing any younger.
Asa ivi ukikutana na mtu mzima unayefahamiana/heshimiana naye barabarani hawezi kukuuliza baba yako yupo, bali atakuuliza mmeo yupo.

I am coming up to 25 and am sick of people saying to me things like:

1. Quarter of a century. Time is getting on now. You need to be thinking about settling down and kids.
2. No longer a young girl now
3. Time to stop going out to clubs and bars.

What I dont get is that 24 is considered young. 25 is only a year older so why does everyone act as though your life is over? I want to cry when I think about being 25 in a few weeks. The only thing I have going for me is that I am good at my job with young children. Other then that, I am single, still living at home and in a job below my degree qualification although I do enjoy it.
I am a failure and I know I am a disappointment to my mum as she thought I would be married and with kids by now.
I just feel so utterly depressed.

I have read between the lines. Guyz this massage has much information than you think.

Back
Top Bottom