What can be a reason for my 1 year son to vomit after being fed while he is not sick?

impelle

JF-Expert Member
Jan 20, 2017
Greetings, my dear friends

My son is currently one year and two months old. Ever since he started consuming regular food for toddlers (we usually prepare celeriac and other advised items for him), he has been experiencing episodes of vomiting after being fed.

The issue lies in the fact that he doesn't particularly enjoy eating, although he does enjoy sucking. Interestingly, when he sucks, he doesn't vomit. If he is fed two or three spoons at continuously, he tends to vomit. Therefore, we have to feed him in intervals to prevent this from happening. Consequently, he ends up being fed for a longer duration 9 up to 2 hours) while we engage in playtime with him, as continuous feeding leads to vomiting.

Strangely enough, when he vomits, he laughs and remains happy, continuing to play. We have conducted various blood, stool and urine tests but nothing bad was recorded and initially believed that it might be due to his reluctance to eat. However, this behaviour persists.

I am reaching out to this forum in the hopes of receiving advice from professionals. Perhaps someone here has encountered a similar situation. Is this considered normal, or is there something else at ground? How should we go about treating it? I kindly request the moderator to retain my post on this forum for a minimum of 48 hours before transferring it to the appropriate forum. I am confident that I will receive significant contributions during this time. Thank you.

So sorry for that dwag!
Just know that complementary feeding it's just to cover the gaps that milk has failed to cover therefore breastfeeding shouldn't be stopped. However loss of appetite could be a sign of any disease or vitamin be deficiency maybe. Hence it's hard to figure out whether the child is sick or not.

Back
Top Bottom