Naibu Rais Kenya: Hatutajenga Barabara kwenye Majimbo yanayopinga Sheria ya Fedha

BARD AI

JF-Expert Member
Jul 24, 2018
1685886969584.png

Rigathi Gachagua ambaye ni Naibu Rais wa Kenya amesema Wabunge wote wanaoikataa Sheria hiyo wasitarajie miradi mikubwa ikiwemo ya Ujenzi kwenye majimbo yao kwasababu hakutakuwa na sehemu ya kutoa hizo fedha kama watapinga.

Gachagua amesema Serikali inasubiri Sheria hiyo ili iweze kuongeza ukusanyaji wa mapato, hivyo Wabunge waupitishe Muswada huo kama ulivyo ikiwa wanataka maendeleo na waache kuwadanganya wapiga Kura wao kuhusu miradi ya Barabara.

Ameongeza "Mimi ni mtu ninayesema ukweli; lazima watu watoe Kodi ili kugharamia mtaji wetu na matumizi ya kawaida, kulikuwa na wito wa kuajiri Walimu zaidi, mnadhani tutawalipaje? Siwezi kulipia kwa mshahara wangu wa Tsh. Milioni 17.2, pesa hizo zitapatikana kutoka kwa wananchi".

===========
Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua now says Members of Parliament opposing the contentious Finance Bill, 2023, should not expect any funds for projects such as roads in their constituencies.

The DP who spoke on Sunday during a church service, Leshuta, Narok County, referred to the Saturday harambee function he attended at St Charles Lwanga Secondary School in Kitui County, where Kitui Central MP Makali Mulu said the Bill should be shot down.

“There is a lot of incitement around this whole Finance Bill issue. I was in Kitui yesterday and their MP spoke about cessation and people were clapping. And then soon after he was telling me they need roads, where does he expect the money to build roads to come from?” the DP posed.

According to the country’s second-in-command, the government is relying on the bill to raise revenue. Thus, legislators should be in full support if they expect to get development funds.
“Some of you leaders are lying to Kenyans, but know that if your MP is opposed to the Finance Bill, they should not ask for roads,” he said.

At Saturday’s function, Gachagua insisted that the Finance Bill, 2023, must pass as it is, arguing that it did not make sense to call on the government to build schools, repair roads and set up other infrastructure, while at the same time "refusing to have taxes increased".

"I am a person who speaks the truth; people must give taxes to finance our capital and recurrent expenditure... there was a call to recruit more teachers, who will pay for this? I can't pay for it with my Ksh1 million salary... that money will be gotten from the citizens" he said.

Gachagua went ahead to take a swipe at opposition politicians from the Azimio La Umoja One Kenya coalition who are against the bill, saying, "Even if you make noise and put sufurias on your head, even if you reject the bill, thinking it won't pass, you don't have the numbers and that's the truth, there's no need."

CITIZEN DIGITAL

Naibu Rais wa Kenya Rigathi Gachagua amesema Wabunge wanaopinga Muswada wa Fedha wa 2023 wasitegemee pesa yoyote ya miradi ya maendeleo kwenye majimbo yao ikiwemo Barabara.

Kwa mujibu wa Gachagua, Serikali ya Kenya unategea muswada huo kuongeza ukusanyaji wa mapato hivyo wawakilishi hao wa wananchi wanapaswa kuunga mkono sio kupinga.

Baadhi ya viongozi wenu wanawadanganya wakenya, lakini tambueni kuwa kama Wabunge wenu watapinga muswada huu basi wasiombe Barabara” amesema Gachagua.

Aidha, Naibu huyo wa Rais amesema Wabunge wa Muungano wa Azimio la Umoja hata wakipiga kelele kiasi gani hawataweza kuzuia muswada huo usipite maana hawana idadi ya kutosha.

“Hata kama mtapiga kelele na kuweka masufuria vichwani, hata kama mtapinga muswada huo mkifikia hautapita, hamna idadi ya kutosha ya kuzuia jambo hilo. Huo ndio ukweli, hakuna haja” amesema Gachagua

===

Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua now says Members of Parliament opposing the contentious Finance Bill, 2023, should not expect any funds for projects such as roads in their constituencies.

The DP who spoke on Sunday during a church service at Leshuta in Narok County referred to Saturday's harambee function he attended at St Charles Lwanga Secondary School in KituiCounty, where Kitui Central MP Makali Mulu said the Bill should be shot down.

“There is a lot of incitement around this whole Finance Bill issue. I was in Kitui yesterday and their MP spoke about cessation and people were clapping. And then soon after he was telling me they need roads, where does he expect the money to build roads to come from?” the DP posed.

According to the country’s second-in-command, the government is relying on the bill to raise revenue. Thus, legislators should be in full support if they expect to get development funds.

“Some of you leaders are lying to Kenyans, but know that if your MP is opposed to the Finance Bill, they should not ask for roads,” he said.

At Saturday’s function, Gachagua insisted that the Finance Bill, 2023, must pass as it is, arguing that it did not make sense to call on the government to build schools, repair roads and set up other infrastructure, while at the same time "refusing to have taxes increased".

"I am a person who speaks the truth; people must give taxes to finance our capital and recurrent expenditure... there was a call to recruit more teachers, who will pay for this? I can't pay for it with my Ksh1 million salary... that money will be gotten from the citizens" he said.

Gachagua went ahead to take a swipe at opposition politicians from the Azimio La Umoja One Kenya coalition who are against the bill, saying, "Even if you make noise and put sufurias on your head, even if you reject the bill, thinking it won't pass, you don't have the numbers and that's the truth, there's no need."

Citizen Digital

Back
Top Bottom