Mayweather vs Ortiz

[h=1]I'll knock out Victor Ortiz - Floyd Mayweather
[/h] Page last updated at 15:29 GMT, Saturday, 17 September 2011 16:29 UK

_55428146_125368577.jpg
Mayweather and Ortiz clashed at the end of the highly-charged weigh-in
Floyd Mayweather has said he is ready to prove himself 'all over again' and knockout Victor Ortiz.
Mayweather, 34, is unbeaten in 41 fights but climbs into the ring for the first time in 16 months in the early hours of Sunday.
But he is again facing claims he is avoiding Manny Pacquiao to protect his unblemished record.
"The only thing I can do is go out there and keep winning, keep proving myself over again," Mayweather said.
[h=2]Ortiz vs Mayweather head-to-head[/h] Continue reading the main story
_55400707_124962461.jpg

• Height: Ortiz - 5ft 9in (1.75m), Mayweather - 5ft 8in (1.73m)
  • Total fights: Ortiz - 33, Mayweather - 41
  • Knockouts: Ortiz - 22, Mayweather - 25
  • Wins: Ortiz - 29, Mayweather - 41
  • Losses: Ortiz - 2, Mayweather - 0
  • Draws: Ortiz - 2, Mayweather - 0

"I'm not ducking or dodging anybody. I'm in a no-win situation."
Some critics have suggested the bout will be a 'tune-up' for Mayweather - who has only fought twice since stopping Ricky Hatton in 2007 - before an agreement is finally reached for a Pacquiao fight next year.
But WBC Welterweight champion Ortiz poses a threat - the powerful Mexican-American has knocked down every one of his 33 opponents during a professional career boasting 29 wins, two draws and two defeats.
"He [Ortiz] says the fight won't go the distance. I say the fight won't go the distance and so hopefully it won't," Mayweather said.
"I'm a good finisher, too. So, when I hurt you, don't grab me, don't hold on at all. I'm going to finish you off."
Ortiz, 24, believes the pressure is all on his opponent.
"I have nothing to lose," Ortiz said. "He has everything I want.
"I hope the actual Floyd Mayweather shows up. I don't want a Mayweather that's lost his speed or power. He's got that beautiful mouth that just never stops, but I'm going to knock him out."
The card also features Mexican legend Erik Morales in a 140-pound title fight against unbeaten Pablo Cesar Cano.

BAK, jamaa wanazungumzia rookie mistakes

we have seen in car race (last week alonso alichomoka wakati vettel na lewis wanakata viuno
we have seen in football freekicks -- many times (remember Thierry Henry Vs. Chelsea or Manure?
we have seen it in boxing many time before (remember patterson in late eighties?)
we have seen in basketball many times before

Boxing like any other sport is intelligent and winning takes more than speed and punches --- kama unesikia leo comments walikua wanarudia sana kusema ortiz is not used to be half a second slower....

Let me tell you bro, every game is playing with rules, otherwise wangemdisqualify , they didnt why? coz he was within rules.... and boxing sio tennis where one can make mistake na kusema "fault" au net etc

we can agree to disagree, ila kama unaweza kwenye espen kuna classic boxing series kuanzia 1930s take time to learn boxing badala ya kupenda mchezo emotionally and forget there are rules to every game

I didnt like the end but i saw mayweather ninayempenda, total control... all rounds giving a kid some classes about defence, tactics and taut

najua wengi hapa kama kutakua na mayweather/pacman fight watahamia kwa pacman... i will remain mayweather for only one reason, intelligency ya mayweather... you can use that to teach your kids about a normal life in a special way

the dude eats macdonalds even a three days before the bout, weird workout session, 100 jabs after a night out with chicks etc

i see him like a person who always have fun but scores A in every subject

lest not forget, he has never lost a fight 40+ jamani, its not easy in that weight category kamwe.... kama kuna yeyote aliyewahi kufika hiyo rekodi mie sijui

LETS NOT PLAY A HATER

I am not a hater at all, that was a controversial finish pure and simple. Mayweather was leading and IMO there was a huge possibility of another clean KO instead of this "cheap and
controversial knockout"

<font size="4"><span style="font-family: century gothic">I am not a hater at all, that was a controversial finish pure and simple. Mayweather was leading and IMO there was a huge possibility of another clean KO instead of this &quot;cheap and<br />
controversial knockout&quot; </span></font>
<br />
<br />
Agreed

Nakubaliana kabisa nawe AW, mimi ni mpenzi mkubwa wa Mayweather lakini hili pambano la leo usanii mtupu. Ushindi huu kwangu mimi pamoja na kuwa ni mpenzi wa Mayweather una dosari.

The defeated Ortiz meanwhile said: "I was called to break by the referee. I obeyed, I looked at the ref and 'boom' - I was out.
"It looked like I butted him (Mayweather) intentionally. I apologised to him, I'm not a dirty fighter. He came forward really fast, I wasn't expecting that, my head was in his face and I was like, oh, oops.
"You can look at it two ways. I came out here to show the fans a good time and as far as I'm concerned I think they did have a good time, apart from that little miscommunication by the ref. But hey it happens. I'm not perfect, no-one is and neither is the ref. I have no-one to blame for it - it's a learning experience."
SKY SPORTS

The defeated Ortiz meanwhile said: "I was called to break by the referee. I obeyed, I looked at the ref and 'boom' - I was out.
"It looked like I butted him (Mayweather) intentionally. I apologised to him, I'm not a dirty fighter. He came forward really fast, I wasn't expecting that, my head was in his face and I was like, oh, oops.
"You can look at it two ways. I came out here to show the fans a good time and as far as I'm concerned I think they did have a good time, apart from that little miscommunication by the ref. But hey it happens. I'm not perfect, no-one is and neither is the ref. I have no-one to blame for it - it's a learning experience."
SKY SPORTS

learning through mistakes

LOOL

Mayweather Takes a Head Butt, Then Takes Out Ortiz in the Fourth Round By GREG BISHOP Published: September 18, 2011 Recommend Twitter Linkedin Sign In to E-Mail Print Single Page Reprints Share LAS VEGAS — The final sequence came quickly, brutally, four rounds into Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s latest boxing triumph on Saturday at the MGM Grand. Enlarge This Image Julie Jacobson/Associated Press Floyd Mayweather Jr., right, beat Victor Ortiz for the W.B.C. welterweight title Saturday night. One minute, his overwhelmed opponent, Victor Ortiz, was being deducted a point for a clear and illegal head butt, an egregious boxing sin. The next minute, Mayweather feigned as if to hug Ortiz, stepped back, and hit him hard, twice, first with a quick left hook and then with a devastating right hand. Ortiz fell to the canvas, knocked out, dazed, confused. He would not rise for several minutes. Ortiz had failed to heed one of boxing’s most basic rules: protect oneself at all times. He paid for it dearly. The crowd, though, which never seemed behind Mayweather, did not cheer the new World Boxing Council welterweight champion. In fact, it booed, loudly, lustily, as Mayweather assumed the role of villain once again. It is a role that Mayweather seems to relish more with each passing fight, that of heel, a champion, perhaps respected, but hated nonetheless. Mayweather swore at the HBO analyst Larry Merchant during an in-ring interview immediately after the bout. Even in victory, his mouth ran. And ran. And ran. Yet as the uproar rose to deafening, as the crowd rained boos around the ring, Mayweather again raised his arms in victory. He may be without filter, may be borderline unlikeable, but he is also now 42-0. “In the ring you have to protect yourself at all times,” Mayweather said. “We touched back after the break.” He added, “He did something dirty.” That was true, and the consensus at ringside afterward seemed to be that Mayweather, the victim of the purposeful headbutt, had not done anything illegal, even if he would not win any awards for sportsmanship. That is not his style anyway. The question now, as always, is whether Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will ever cease with substandard opposition and actually fight each other. But that debate was for another night. Instead, one the strangest rounds in recent memory took center stage. The headbutt from Ortiz could in no way be construed as accidental, and in the aftermath, he did not even try to fashion an excuse. More bizarre still, after the headbutt, Ortiz pursued Mayweather into the corner, attempted to hug him and then planted what looked like a mid-fight kiss. “I’m not a dirty fighter,” Ortiz said afterward, claiming Mayweather had blindsided him. The television replays, however, showed a different story. Mayweather had walked slowly into MGM’s Grand Garden Arena, his shorts oversized and striped, as if designed by the Cincinnati Bengals, his rapper friend 50 Cent in tow. A hood hung over Mayweather’s eyes, and he did not smile, at least not until he stepped into the ring. All week, Mayweather promised he would stand with Ortiz, who outweighed him by 14 pounds on Saturday. And he did engage, early and often, feeding Ortiz with a steady diet of lead right hands. In the second round, Mayweather landed two big rights that snapped back Ortiz’s head. The longer the fight went on, the more Mayweather smiled as he danced around the ring, the more his right hand found Ortiz’s face. By the end of the fourth round, the question was not whether Ortiz would win the fight, but whether he could finish it. He was counted out at 2:59 of the round. The ending proved fitting, since the fight itself took place under a surreal backdrop, even by boxing’s circus-like standards, a confluence of crazy-strange to anyone not named Mayweather, but normal, too, given the Mayweather clan’s involvement. The fighter, a world champion in five weight classes, returned to the ring for the first time in 16 months. In recent weeks, he feuded with his father on HBO, contested numerous lawsuits and defended his legacy so loudly, so often, he seemed a bit jumpy, if not genuinely concerned. At the weigh-in Friday, he put his right hand on Ortiz’s neck, strange behavior for a 5:1 favorite.

Mayweather Takes a Head Butt, Then Takes Out Ortiz in the Fourth Round Published: September 18, 2011 Recommend Twitter Linkedin Sign In to E-Mail Print Single Page Reprints Share (Page 2 of 2) Ortiz, 10 years younger, visibly bigger, entered the ring with muscles carved like some sort of Greek boxing god. He came here with a back story worthy of the big screen: abandoned by his parents; guardian to his younger brother; a fighter who sang in the school choir and played piano; and whose leisure pursuits include skydiving and surfing and triathlons. If Ortiz had pursued another vocation, he said he would have become an architect. He constructed an unusual team. His trainers work day jobs, one a truck driver, one a landscaper, and his brother, when not in camp, drives a semi truck. Ortiz’s career path seemed equally unorthodox. In 33 career fights, he lost twice and earned two draws, yet he knocked every single opponent down. The power in both his hands was evident, but his mental state begged questions, especially after he quit two years ago in a fight against Marcos Maidana. Ortiz said he went into that contest with a broken wrist and had shot himself with cortisone, without telling his trainers. Still, doubt lingered, and even though Ortiz came into this fight as the W.B.C. titleholder, he said, “I don’t see myself as the champion.” And neither did anybody else. That status went to Mayweather, boxing’s most divisive figure, loved and hated, sometimes all at once. Ortiz often mentioned Mayweather’s “beautiful mouth,” and it worked overtime all month. In one odd twist, Mayweather took several shots at Oscar De La Hoya, the namesake of the company Mayweather hired to promote the fight, a boxing legend who recently left rehab. For his part, De La Hoya said Mayweather picked opponents too old, too green, or too damaged. The undefeated Mayweather bristled at that suggestion, although the last time he faced a fighter age 25 or younger was in January 2001. “I’ve been dominating the fight game since Victor Ortiz was 9 years old,” said Mayweather, who called this training camp his longest and most grueling. “And I’m still sharp.” So it went. So it ended, too. Thus another bizarre fight in Mayweather boxing history concluded. Boxing fans can only hope that Pacquiao is next.

I am ready for Manyy vs Floyd now ili tuone nani ni bingwa. Tumechoka na malumbano.

Last edited by a moderator:
kama unalipia PPV,unakesha usiku wa manane kibongobongo au unaenda ukumbini lengo ni kutaka kumuona mkali wa ukweli katika boxing Mayweather anapoteza!ni bora kuachana na hizo ndoto!!!!!!!hutokuja kuona akipoteza!!!!!watu wanapumzika miezi kadhaa bila pambano siku wakiingia ni kichapo wanakusanya fuba kitaani kula bata!huyo ni master wa kujikinga Floyd!boxer mkali kuliko wote katika kizazi hiki!ngumi vita watu hawaendi kukumbatiana!

Back
Top Bottom