JF towards 2010 and Beyond: From Venting to Movement

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have a very keen eye for patterns. I see patterns even when sometimes such patterns are not as obvious to other people as they are to me. As far this forum is concerned I have noticed a new pattern albeit a negative one. A pattern of disengagement from the forum due to whatever reasons.

I believe (I'm ready to be corrected) that this forum is heading to a form of maturity and we have to recognize that fact and act accordingly, promptly and boldly. I can call to mind how some other online Tanzanian forums prior to this one (especially Nyenzi and Young African) reached the same point and failed to make necessary changes to adopt themselves to new realities.

Due to a lot of other factors (among them I believe the current economic crisis) some people have been forced to make some drastic changes and some I believe might have lost their jobs that provided a sense of security that led them to be a little bit comfortable and continuously present in this forum. Not just what might have happened to the members but also what might have happened to close family members that led to some changes (sometimes major changes) in their daily habits.

All these (and others) I believe have contributed in one way or another to a noticeable slowdown of the forum. People are prioritizing differently where by JF is not at the top of their agenda (in some cases rightly so).

But, I believe as members of this forum we are faced with a number of questions and choices that each of us in his or her own way need to ponder and propose a personal response to. These questions when answered correctly and honestly will form a basis for the future of this forum and its ideals.

Among such questions are:

a. Why do we discuss, argue and exchange ideas and information here? To what end?

b. Since you have joined this forum, you have probably acquired a number of new ideas, new thoughts and probably this new knowledge has effected a personal change in you? Have you changed?

c. What would it take for you to actively get involved in politics or in some form participate in changing the Tanzanian society?

d. Would you consider it to be sufficient or not sufficient to have just a forum where people would vent their daily anger and frustrations knowing that they are anonymous and hence a little bit comfortable to do that? Should we ask the MoDs to have a section where members who uses their real names and titles to participate? Other regulations might be needed.

e. Should JF be an endorsing entity? Meaning, during an election should the forum endorse certain candidates according to certain established guidelines or criteria?

f. Should JF be aligned to any political party or should it be aligned to certain positions and hence (e).?

g. Should this forum transform into a political or socio-political organization? Say an NGO, Association or even a political party as someone has suggested?

As we ponder those questions and others that may come up, I recognize a number of things that might be of caution.

1 ) A good number of members are located outside the URT. This fact alone present an obstacle that need to be considered when thinking of how JF can be active in Tanzanian political scene.

2 ) Even for members who are in Tanzania, the question of anonymity, distance and availability or resources seems to be a very big challenge to any engagement in Tanzanian politics.

3 ) A good number of members (abroad and at home) already belong to some form of organizations or political parties, how then can the same be engaged in JF without creating some kind of conflict with their respective organizations?

4 ) The way the forum operates right now is with minimal hierachy. Once we formally become organized we will be forced to have some form of hierachy. Whenever you create an hierachy you automatically create an impediment to change and progress. So how will such participation create a formal organization while at the same time minimizing problems created by such a formality?

As I have written in my annual year report for KLHN that I believe on my part this year is the year that I'll move "from criticism to activism". This move of mine does not depend what happens in JF; it is independent of JF. But knowing that we have in so many ways moved together toward the same goal, I'm challenging all the members to consider moving JF from "venting to movement for change"!

I'll stop right here because my neurons are in a state of excitement!

Why are you always a step ahead of many of us? May someone please allow me to clone you into 70x7 offspring for the sake of our beloved nation?!

Be blessed. We are in to win it!

Cosigned; SteveD.

a. Why do we discuss, argue and exchange ideas and information here? To what end?

The reasons could be many at individual level – to grow, to release anger and frustration, to expose, networking, or sharing - however at collective level the end goal is to grow an informed public which can bring change! Change from different level, from an individual to institutions, with intention of developing shared vision, of which on its climax is to make citizens informed and responsible to their own development.

In the process we shall challenge our leaders and taking active role in politics by voting, running for positions and supporting political candidates. It's all about taking positions, a shared position beyond our ideological stands, living and undoing wrongs to reach where we want Tanzania to be.

At the end, we shall prove to the future generation this country, at specific time had good people with pride not only to their national identity, rather to the good of humanity. We shall remind our people, our independent meant to have a new begging, the end of injustice for the collective good of Tanzanian. Yes, we shall live to see that change coming.

Last edited:
b. Since you have joined this forum, you have probably acquired a number of new ideas, new thoughts and probably this new knowledge has effected a personal change in you? Have you changed?

I could not claim I have changed as I only been here three months! But for sure I have learned that there are seed out there wanting to see a new Tanzania emerge. All we need is the right soil to bloom. To develop courage for people to speak out, and platform where they could correlate different stories to meaningful action.

c. What would it take for you to actively get involved in politics or in some form participate in changing the Tanzanian society?

What I need is a shared vision, agenda, platform, which plans its own strategy of how to be involved into campaign of 2010.

In the coming campaign, JamiiForums should have its own agenda, program and activities that they want to see. First I think, the forum should participate into making sure, each member in respect to their political parties affiliation they make sure their parties selects candidate with right agendas from MP to president candidates. We could pursued specific candidate to participate and support them in strategizing.

JamiiForums could participate in fundraising to support specific candidates who we believe have right agendas and needed qualities to bring changes. More importantly, we could do thorough analysis of candidate agenda and make sure citizens understand them and reach them in different corners of tanzania.

We could also arrange MP and Presidential debates. To make sure they happen with publicity and right impact.

d. Would you consider it to be sufficient or not sufficient to have just a forum where people would vent their daily anger and frustrations knowing that they are anonymous and hence a little bit comfortable to do that? Should we ask the MoDs to have a section where members who uses their real names and titles to participate? Other regulations might be needed.

People, will use really name where there is need of action, some might not, and that is ok, all you need is to get people connected with target and goal. Yes, lets see how people react to this. Really name will be powerful, and can help separate between committed individuals and other ill intentions.

e. Should JF be an endorsing entity? Meaning, during an election should the forum endorse certain candidates according to certain established guidelines or criteria?

Yes, yes, yes,…. Is it possible with our law though! Do we need to be registered to do that? In whatever way, it is worth it.

f. Should JF be aligned to any political party or should it be aligned to certain positions and hence (e).?

None alignment with political parties, however, we could stick with specific positions, agenda and focus.

g. Should this forum transform into a political or socio-political organization? Say an NGO, Association or even a political party as someone has suggested?

No formed entity, we will kill it. The question will be how can we organized action without being registered. Can we use other existing organization to carry our activities.

Mengi sana yamesemwa kuhusu matatizo yetu , tutazunguka sana lakini jibu kila siku ni lilelile uongozi,uongozi. Kwa kuwa tumeishasema sana wengi wetu tunakubaliana kwamba sasa ni wakati wa vitendo vya yale tunayohubiri.

Kama kundi la sasa wananchi wenzetu wanaoongoza hawafanyi tuliyowatuma basi tubadilishe wananchi wanaotuongoza kwa kuweka wananchi wengine.

Kwa kuwa sheria za sasa ni gandamizi na viongozi hawa wanatumia ujanjaujanja kubakia madarakani basi tuanzie ngazi ya ubunge kwanza, Watu watoke humu wakachukue fomu. Tuanze Dar, Mbeya na Mwanza. Tuamshe wakazi wa mikoa hii wawe kama Kilimanjaro na Mara kwa kuchagua viongozi mbadala.

ILi mada hii isiwe ya maneno matupu, Wakuu Kitila, Mnyika na FMES muwe wa kwanza kuonyesha njia. Chukueni fomu kugombea ubunge. Michango ipitishwe kwa kampeni.

Let us form our own "skull and bones" which has produced numerous US presidents. Ours will be called "jamii kwanza".

Very interesting!..
Let your love for the country be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river...

ILi mada hii isiwe ya maneno matupu, Wakuu Kitila, Mnyika na FMES muwe wa kwanza kuonyesha njia. Chukueni fomu kugombea ubunge. Michango ipitishwe kwa kampeni.
Kuna wana JF watano (mpaka sasa) ambao nimewasiliana nao na wakanifahamisha wamerejea Bongo kuonyesha njia. Wawili wamerejea Ughaibuni na watarejea Tanzania mwishoni mwa mwaka huu tayari kwa shughuli ya kampeni. Nimeombwa nisimtaje yeyote kwa wakati huu lakini kwa wenye kuhisi wanaweza kung'amua.

Hatujachelewa, muda unaruhusu!

Kuna wana JF watano (mpaka sasa) ambao nimewasiliana nao na wakanifahamisha wamerejea Bongo kuonyesha njia. Wawili wamerejea Ughaibuni na watarejea Tanzania mwishoni mwa mwaka huu tayari kwa shughuli ya kampeni. Nimeombwa nisimtaje yeyote kwa wakati huu lakini kwa wenye kuhisi wanaweza kung'amua.

Watakuwa Nyani N na Masanilo....

Lakini wakuu mbona watu wanapenda sana kugombea uongozi wakati matatizo wanaweza kutatua hata wakiwa nje ya mjengo ule wa Dom?kama wameshindwa kutataua matatizo ya kijijini mwao tu au mtaani kwao wataweza vipi baada ya kuukwa uheshimiwa?

....siamini kama kuijenge tanzania njema lazima watu wakimbilie mjengoni....

A very positive step indeed.

Lakini wakuu mbona watu wanapenda sana kugombea uongozi wakati matatizo wanaweza kutatua hata wakiwa nje ya mjengo ule wa Dom?kama wameshindwa kutataua matatizo ya kijijini mwao tu au mtaani kwao wataweza vipi baada ya kuukwa uheshimiwa?

....siamini kama kuijenge tanzania njema lazima watu wakimbilie mjengoni....
Mkuu,

Ambao wamenithibitishia wanagombea ni wawili tu, wengine wanadai watashiriki kwenye kampeni, sasa sijajua ni kwa upande upi na kivipi.

Naamini kufikia Disemba kuna majina mapya tutayasikia na kuelewa ni wapi wamelalia.

Mbona umekimbilia kuwadaka hao wawili? Mbona usiseme "Lunyungu na Masatu"?

Mkuu,

Ambao wamenithibitishia wanagombea ni wawili tu, wengine wanadai watashiriki kwenye kampeni, sasa sijajua ni kwa upande upi na kivipi.

Naamini kufikia Disemba kuna majina mapya tutayasikia na kuelewa ni wapi wamelalia.

Siku hizi style ni kuingia mjengoni......hebu waulize hao yaani straight from majuu kuja kutupa zawadi za tshirt na pilau tuwachague?

.....b4 that movement ya kwenda mjengoni wamefanya nini?
NN na masa ndio potential ndio candidate wanaoweza kuleta mabadiliko sio porojo za wengine.....mkuu lunyungu safari nyingi unaweza kuta yuko Costa Rica sasa hivi.....

Anyway hao wanaJF kwa kuwahisi naanza ku print post zao zoote hapa JF kwa future refference....

Haya jamani wanaotaka au wenyer nia ya kuingia ktk soko la kura nafasi ndo hii.
leteni visions zenu pamoja na reflections zake tupime.
Sijawahi kuwaamini wanasiasa.

Robot hupendi kukamata Jimbo?

Mengi sana yamesemwa kuhusu matatizo yetu , tutazunguka sana lakini jibu kila siku ni lilelile uongozi,uongozi. Kwa kuwa tumeishasema sana wengi wetu tunakubaliana kwamba sasa ni wakati wa vitendo vya yale tunayohubiri.

Kama kundi la sasa wananchi wenzetu wanaoongoza hawafanyi tuliyowatuma basi tubadilishe wananchi wanaotuongoza kwa kuweka wananchi wengine.

Kwa kuwa sheria za sasa ni gandamizi na viongozi hawa wanatumia ujanjaujanja kubakia madarakani basi tuanzie ngazi ya ubunge kwanza, Watu watoke humu wakachukue fomu. Tuanze Dar, Mbeya na Mwanza. Tuamshe wakazi wa mikoa hii wawe kama Kilimanjaro na Mara kwa kuchagua viongozi mbadala.

Let us form our own "skull and bones" which has produced numerous US presidents. Ours will be called "jamii kwanza".

Jf mimi nania yakuonyesha njia tatizo si mwanachama wa chama chochote na kichele kinagomba. Naomba ushauri ili nifikie malengo mapema kabla ya 2010.

Nadhani ndilo moja ya lengo la Mwanakijiji-kuona jinsi gani JF inaweza alternatively kutumika kupush mambo yanayojadiliwa hapa... kuendeleza kile kinachojadiliwa, si kuachia pale maneno yanapoishia-tuchukue hatua fulani kwenda mbele zaidi kwa kutekeleza yale tuyoyajadili tukiamini kuwa yanaweza kusaidia kulleta mabadiliko. Ni kweli, iwapo tutaendelea kujadili tu, itachukua muda mrefu kuleta mabadiliko

To me, JF has changed me big time. I had been in religious organisation but it has not impacted me the way JF has in terms of the way i think on issues and the way i solve problems. In fact I believe that the stands that i have been making at my work place which has earned me a good managerial position is a result of JF. Though i joined early 2008 but i have been reading and receiving updates since 2006 so this is a place where am addicted to. Anything and everything. The best quality that i got from here is lying on the slogan that we dare to talk openly.

I think JF should support opposition parties during the election. I am saying this not cause of my hate or love for CCM but for the sake of our country. The number of CCM MPs in parliament is too big for anyone’s comfort. In order for an effective parliament the number of opposition MPs after 2010 must cross 150 or close to it. This number of opposition MPs will not only help opposition but CCM voters too. As it is at the moment very few MPs deserve to get paid for the work they have done. Majority of them are sure of coming back as long they protect the interest of their peers and not their voters. This situation is not good for me, you or anyone is who is got love for this country.
MPs have got a lot of powers and can change the country only if their number is balanced in the parliament.

The forum should stay as it is and emphasis should be put on wider participation.
JF should be more aggressive and target to increase the number of active members to 20k before 2010 election. This figure is realistic if every member can tell a few friends about this forum.
One way of doing it is for an administrator to email members once a month and members will forward it to others. This will not only increase awareness of JF but also encourage inactive members to participate.

If we don't think collectively on the path we should take, and what form of activism we should pursue there is danger of remaining mere whiners. We got to think of the next step forward. We got to. I know I am.

NN na masa ndio potential ndio candidate wanaoweza kuleta mabadiliko sio porojo za wengine.....mkuu lunyungu safari nyingi unaweza kuta yuko Costa Rica sasa hivi.....

Please believe it....

NN anarejea hapa wiki ijayo....y'all be on the lookout for the new and revamped NN....

If we don't think collectively on the path we should take, and what form of activism we should pursue there is danger of remaining mere whiners. We got to think of the next step forward. We got to. I know I am.

Collectivism, far from being a solution to our problems, could end up being the central theme of our problems.

There is a different between garnering a collective bargaining power and swimming in collectivism thought.

The one thing that makes JF the gem it is is respect for individualism and diversity, as far as you can get from collectivism.

I believe the forum should endorse individuals, not parties, mainly because we do not have the maturity in ideology amongst the parties to guarantee the level of commitment we desire, but we can have a sense of that from individuals, or at the very least we can get a sense of a personal commitment from an individual.

Therefore it should not be against our ethos to endorse a CCM maverick and a CHADEMA revolutionary, so long as it is done in the nations interest.

JF is beyond party politics at large, although CCM is beyond being a party and resemble a Colombian cartel to be truthful, a fact that may disinterest any sane potential supporter.

Ungeambiwa kumpendekeza mtu hapa JF aende kushindania ubunge ungempendekeza nani?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom