Is Zitto Kabwe naive or a dangerous populist?

kamanzi

Oct 28, 2007
I have watched with sadness events that unfolded in Zanzibar in which self-proclaimed Federation of Islamist Revival gangs ran riot this weekend. While their request are worthy of a debate since Tanzania is a democracy, the subsequent thugish acts that involved the burning of the church and other church owned properties are not. Union or not, Islam has been once again tarnished by few so called radicals as they painted this religion as a radical and barbaric to say the least. This, however, is the story for another day.

What I want to raise today is the habitual stupid comments that Zitto Kabwe has been giving to public at every opportunity. Indeed, no sooner had the meyhem was contained in Zanzibar than Zitto Kabwe decided that it is high time he jumped to the 'oil for Zanzibaris' bandwagon. In his poor analysis, this self-appointed intellectual with an exaggerated sense of self-importance claims that it was a mistake for oil issue tio be part of the Union. Now, while I am neither agreeing nor objecting to his contention, I find the timing of Zitto's another 'intellectual disposition' juvenile. I mean, couldn't he have found a more suitable time to try and appease 'the victims' (moslems in his deluded mind) than spitting his utter vomit when Zanzibar was literally burning? Was this weekend the first time our dear genius 'discovered' the ills of the union? Or was he simply trying to once again present himself as a 'victim to christians such as those in CHADEMA'? Does he realise the potential repurcusion that could follow his careless utterances? My biggest worry is that, there are fools out there who are buying into this idiot's delusions.

Zitto Kabwe, as a humble citizen I am pleading with you. Unlike the so called most members of the Federation of Islamist Revival, Baraza la Mitihani, never 'failed you in the exambecause you are a moslem' as I know you hold an MA degree. Unlike many christians, you have access to many resources by the vertue of you being an MP. So please try to think more than you talk. Silence does not mean foolishness. On the contrary, many a wise men spend more time thinking before saying anything particularly if they are public figures. Talking a lot and making unsubstantiated proclaimation does not make you an intellectual rather a fool. If you want to be one, please join a reputable university to further your thinking capacity. You should know by now that if talking in media every now and then makes one an intellectual, Dr BEnson Bana of REDET would hve been a distinguished professor by now as he has activelly taken the role of CCM mouth-piece.

I need to go back to work but for the rest of jamii forum members i leave you with this to deliberate. Is Zitto Kabwe naive or a dangerous populist. Mjadala uendelee!!!

Zitto if you are online, please enlight us on your silly and mis-timed position

Zitto Kabwe, as a humble citizen I am pleading with you. Unlike the so called most members of the Federation of Islamist Revival, Baraza la Mitihani, never 'failed you in the exambecause you are a moslem' as I know you hold an MA degree. Unlike many christians, you have access to many resources by the vertue of you being an MP. So please try to think more than you talk. Silence does not mean foolishness. On the contrary, many a wise men spend more time thinking before saying anything particularly if they are public figures. Talking a lot and making unsubstantiated proclaimation does not make you an intellectual rather a fool. If you want to be one, please join a reputable university to further your thinking capacity. You should know by now that if talking in media every now and then makes one an intellectual, Dr BEnson Bana of REDET would hve been a distinguished professor by now as he has activelly taken the role of CCM mouth-piece.

That was my big concern about him .I presume he was'nt aware about his outraged statement.

I have not yet got the full piece of his statement, If some one has it, He will have done a great favor to most of us if He shares it with us here.

Thereafter, I can comment.

That was my big concern about him .I presume he was'nt aware about his outraged statement.

My statement is a long time beliefe that Oil and Gas at commercial level shall never be a Union issue. At upstream level it can be. I said this first time in 2009. I have repeated it several times. My statement was issued on Sunday morning. To anybody who is sane, clear in his mind and clever enough would know that this statement was written before the chaos in Zanzibar.

My statement is what i believe it should be. Oil and Gas as Diamonds and Gold and Tanzanite shall never be a Union matter. every part of the Union shall handle its own resource. You can call shallow or whatever name but it is my rightful position. I have the right to air my views. You have the right to contradict my view. A civil society is made of contradicting views and the best and the most clever prevail.

I have not yet got the full piece of his statement, If some one has it, He will have done a great favor to most of us if He shares it with us here.

Thereafter, I can comment.

Very good. Professional. You can read my statement on zittokabwe.com

My only disapointment was by his statement that the Government should engage UAMSHO if they find them having a valid claim, i mean how can a goverment come to a table meeting with terrorists?? wouldn't this pave way for other groups to use the same means to send a message to the gvt??

My statement is a long time beliefe that Oil and Gas at commercial level shall never be a Union issue. At upstream level it can be. I said this first time in 2009. I have repeated it several times. My statement was issued on Sunday morning. To anybody who is sane, clear in his mind and clever enough would know that this statement was written before the chaos in Zanzibar.

My statement is what i believe it should be. Oil and Gas as Diamonds and Gold and Tanzanite shall never be a Union matter. every part of the Union shall handle its own resource. You can call shallow or whatever name but it is my rightful position. I have the right to air my views. You have the right to contradict my view. A civil society is made of contradicting views and the best and the most clever prevail.
Hon. Zitto
are those diamonds, Gold and tanzanite beneficials to union matters?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the timing of Zitto's another 'intellectual disposition' juvenile. I mean, couldn't he have found a more suitable time to try and appease 'the victims' (moslems in his deluded mind) than spitting his utter vomit when Zanzibar was literally burning? Was this weekend the first time our dear genius 'discovered' the ills of the union? Or was he simply trying to once again present himself as a 'victim to christians such as those in CHADEMA'? Does he realise the potential repurcusion that could follow his careless utterances? My biggest worry is that, there are fools out there who are buying into this idiot's delusions.

Zitto Kabwe, as a humble citizen I am pleading with you. Unlike the so called most members of the Federation of Islamist Revival, Baraza la Mitihani, never 'failed you in the exambecause you are a moslem' as I know you hold an MA degree. Unlike many christians, you have access to many resources by the vertue of you being an MP. So please try to think more than you talk. Silence does not mean foolishness. On the contrary, many a wise men spend more time thinking before saying anything particularly if they are public figures.

I need to go back to work but for the rest of jamii forum members i leave you with this to deliberate. Is Zitto Kabwe naive or a dangerous populist. Mjadala uendelee!!!
Mimi nimeamua kuendeleza huu mjadala kwa lugha hii ninayoifahamu zaidi, ambapo sitolazimika kutafsiri mawazo yangu kutoka lugha nyengine kabla ya kuyatoa.

Kwenye hizo red:
- Unataka kusema kuwa Zitto amezungumzia suala la mafuta ili kuwaridhisha Waislamu na yeye amekuwa akilalamika kuwa ni "mhanga wa dini au mfumo wa kikristo"? Hayo ni mawazo yako au umetafsiri mawazo yake badala ya maneno yake?

Kwenye blue
- Kukaa kimya na kusubiri muda muafaka: Tatizo kubwa kwa TZ na Watanzania, kwa kuogopa kwetu kusema ili tusiwakere akina nani, na kusubiri wakati muafaka wa kusema na kutenda, ndiyo yaliyotufikisha hapa. Silence yetu juu ya kero za Muungano, tayari tuna miaka 48 tangu tuungane, na bado tunatafuta muda muafaka wa kuzungumzia kero na kasoro za Muungano. La mwisho ni uamuzi wa Raisi wetu kuwa tujadili katiba ya Muungano bila ya kuugusa Muungano, tusubiri muda muafaka.

Mimi kama wewe, sikubaliani na kupingana na Zitto juu ya madai yake ya mafuta, pia sitojadili kama yeye ni "mjinga au anatafuta umaarufu", lakini ninakubaliana naye kwa kuthubutu kusema pale wengine wanaponyamaza kwa kisingizio cha kila siku cha kusubiri muda muafaka. Na kwa hili ninakubaliana naye zaidi, hata kama mafuta hayahusiani moja kwa moja na vurugu za ZNZ lakini chanzo chake ni kero za Muungano; ambazo zilianza usiku wa Jumamosi na mpaka sasa, hakuna public figure yeyote - Maraisi wawili, Waziri Mkuu, Makamo wa Raisi watatu, Amiri Jeshi Mkuu wa Nchi, Waziri wa Mambo ya Ndani..... wote wako kimya, wanasubiri muda muafaka.

Ikiwa kukaa kimya si ujinga, pia kukaa kimya kwa kero za Muungano si werevu.

talkin about new katiba ..

Which are you??! Fully educated or an educatedb fool?

I am an academician from UDSM. Just wanted to warn the young man that populism usually ends in tears. Hiding behind religion and media doesn't make anyone more intelligent than they are. You either go to school (ie put up) or shut up! There are no two ways to this.

ZITTO is on another level ya uelewa; ni kazi sana kumfikia bila kufanya jitihada binafsi kusoma na kuongeza maarifa. wengi wetu tuko very subjective na kuogopa kusema yale tunayoyaamini au hata tunayohisi ni mazito ili kukwepa "wrap" na ndio maana tanznia iko hivi ilivyo leo

Tumejaa unafiki, umajinuni, ku-analyse watu (kama mleta mada alivyofanya), lakini ukichunguza chochote hakuna mwenye courage ya kutoa hoja hata moja inayoonyesha wapi unataka token yako iwepo

Kama wote tungekua kama zitoo, basi tunayoayona z'bar yasingefika hapo yalipo kwani yangekuwa prevented (logically) since zama za nyerere na wenzake

KUNA MESSAGE HATUJAIELEWA, TUNGEMUULIZA ALIMAANISHA NINI............... YAWEZEKANA ANASEMA TUKATE NA UMEME WETU AU TUSIWAPE KASMA ZA NATURAL RESOURCES AU TUREVIEW KILA KITU

this is a tough one...i guess ppo are not entitled to their opinions/views anymore in this country huh...some ppo are just too sensitive...

my statement is a long time beliefe that oil and gas at commercial level shall never be a union issue. at upstream level it can be. I said this first time in 2009. I have repeated it several times. My statement was issued on sunday morning. To anybody who is sane, clear in his mind and clever enough would know that this statement was written before the chaos in zanzibar.

My statement is what i believe it should be. Oil and gas as diamonds and gold and tanzanite shall never be a union matter. Every part of the union shall handle its own resource. You can call shallow or whatever name but it is my rightful position. I have the right to air my views. You have the right to contradict my view. A civil society is made of contradicting views and the best and the most clever prevail.

kama kamzi ni msomi basi hajasoma...........

My only disapointment was by his statement that the Government should engage UAMSHO if they find them having a valid claim, i mean how can a goverment come to a table meeting with terrorists?? wouldn't this pave way for other groups to use the same means to send a message to the gvt??

There you are guy,what a good observation! i like your querry and i second you.

I believe what Zitto said it can be BITTER to some of us but for me I accepted his views that resources must be out of united republic matters.

I Salute you comrade,I believe you have answers for every matters/questions raised upon your statements.Why do you always go on public at the very first, insteady of seeking opinions from your fellow party's (CDM) members?.I prefered/ would expect CDM's statement as a Party rather than Individual statement.That's my opinion Comrade.

I expect more from you as my Leader/role model.Nice work Comrade.

i am an academician from udsm. Just wanted to warn the young man that populism usually ends in tears. Hiding behind religion and media doesn't make anyone more intelligent than they are. You either go to school (ie put up) or shut up! There are no two ways to this.
kama usomi wako ndio huu wa kuleta hoja kuomba watu wajadili kumbe tayari umeshaweka kitu kichwani na hata usisubiri post 15 ndio uone watu wanasemaje, then usomi wako ni tatizo kwa any intellectual

i think you should the fitest to shut up kwani in a civilized society view za watu ndio hutengeneza vision iliyo fair and square na sio kuja kukandya mwenzako simply because you have different views

kamanzi, you should be the first to shut up

Back
Top Bottom