India: Zaidi ya Watu 300 wapoteza maisha katika ajali ya treni

JanguKamaJangu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 7, 2022
Treni.JPG

INDIA: WATU ZAIDI YA 300 WAPOTEZA MAISHA KATIKA AJALI YA TRENI
Taarifa za awali zinaeleza idadi ya waliopoteza maisha ni 288 huku wengine 850 wakijeruhiwa katika hiyo iliyotokea Jimbo la #Odisha, lakini kumekuwa na ongezeko la idadi ya waliofariki kwa kuwa zoezi la kutoa miili iliyonasa kwenye treni inaendelea.

Chanzo cha ajali kikitajwa kuwa ni treni moja ya abiria kuacha njia na kwenda kuigonga nyingine.

Zaidi ya magari 200 ya Wagonjwa yamepelekwa sehemu ya tukio pamoja na madaktati 100 wanatoa huduma kwa wakati mmoja.

816.jpg

================

Indian train collision death toll nears 300, another 850 injured

The death toll from the collision of two Indian passenger trains in Odisha state has surged to 288 and more than 850 are injured, a state government official told AFP on Saturday, making the rail accident the country's deadliest in more than two decades.

Sudhanshu Sarangi, director general of Odisha Fire Services, also said that "rescue work is still going on" and there were "a lot of serious injuries", according to AFP.

Chief Secretary Pradeep Jena said on Twitter that over 200 ambulances had been called to the scene of Friday's accident in Odisha's Balasore district and 100 additional doctors, on top of 80 already there, had been mobilised.

Early on Saturday morning, Reuters video footage showed police officials moving bodies covered in white cloths off the railway tracks.

"I was asleep," an unidentified male survivor told NDTV news. "I was woken up by the noise of the train derailing. Suddenly I saw 10-15 people dead. I managed to come out of the coach, and then I saw a lot of dismembered bodies."

Video footage from Friday showed rescuers climbing up one of the mangled trains to find survivors, while passengers called for help and sobbed next to the wreckage.

The collision occurred at about 19:00 local time (1330 GMT) on Friday when the Howrah Superfast Express, running from Bangalore to Howrah, West Bengal, collided with the Coromandel Express, which runs from Kolkata to Chennai.

Source: Reuters

View attachment 2644318

India train crash: More than 280 dead after Odisha incident

At least 288 people are now known to have been killed and 850 injured in a multiple train collision in India's eastern Odisha state, officials say.

More than 200 ambulances were sent to the scene in Balasore district, says Odisha's chief secretary Pradeep Jena.

One passenger train is thought to have derailed before being struck by another on the adjacent track late on Friday.

It is India's worst train crash this century. Officials say the death toll is expected to rise further.

Indian Railways said the two services involved were the Coromandel Express and the Howrah Superfast Express.

Sudhanshu Sarangi, director general of Odisha Fire Services, said that the death toll stood at 288.

Mr Jena said earlier that more than 100 additional doctors had been mobilised.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said he was distressed by the incident and his thoughts were with the bereaved families.

"Rescue ops are under way at the site of the mishap and all possible assistance is being given to those affected," he tweeted.

Meanwhile, Home Minister Amit Shah labelled the incident "deeply agonising".

One male survivor said that "10 to 15 people fell on me when the accident happened and everything went haywire. I was at the bottom of the pile.

"I got hurt in my hand and also the back of my neck. When I came out of the train bogie, I saw someone had lost their hand, someone had lost their leg, while someone's face was distorted," the survivor told India's ANI news agency.

A day of mourning has been announced in the state.

h was launched in January last year. Backed by the African Union and African central banks, the system for intra-African trade was developed by African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) and African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Secretariat.

It is believed that several carriages from the Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express derailed at about 19:00 local time (13:30 GMT), with some of them ending up on the opposite track.

Another train - the Howrah Superfast Express travelling from Yesvantpur to Howrah - is then thought to have hit the overturned carriages.

Indian officials said that a goods train - which was stationary at the site - was also involved in the incident. They provided no further details.

Some surviving passengers were seen rushing in to help rescue those trapped in the wreckage.

Local bus companies were also helping to transport wounded passengers.

India has one of the largest train networks in the world and accidents are common, despite successive governments investing hundreds of millions of dollars to improve the infrastructure, says BBC South Asia regional editor Anbarasan Ethirajan.

India's worst train disaster was in 1981, when an overcrowded passenger train was blown off the tracks and into a river during a cyclone in Bihar state, killing at least 800 people.

Source: BBC
Wanaopeleka Watoto India kusoma mungu anawaona.

View attachment 2644318

INDIA: WATU ZAIDI YA 300 WAPOTEZA MAISHA KATIKA AJALI YA TRENI
Taarifa za awali zinaeleza idadi ya waliopoteza maisha ni 288 huku wengine 850 wakijeruhiwa katika hiyo iliyotokea Jimbo la #Odisha, lakini kumekuwa na ongezeko la idadi ya waliofariki kwa kuwa zoezi la kutoa miili iliyonasa kwenye treni inaendelea.

Chanzo cha ajali kikitajwa kuwa ni treni moja ya abiria kuacha njia na kwenda kuigonga nyingine.

Zaidi ya magari 200 ya Wagonjwa yamepelekwa sehemu ya tukio pamoja na madaktati 100 wanatoa huduma kwa wakati mmoja.

View attachment 2644326
================

Indian train collision death toll nears 300, another 850 injured

The death toll from the collision of two Indian passenger trains in Odisha state has surged to 288 and more than 850 are injured, a state government official told AFP on Saturday, making the rail accident the country's deadliest in more than two decades.

Sudhanshu Sarangi, director general of Odisha Fire Services, also said that "rescue work is still going on" and there were "a lot of serious injuries", according to AFP.

Chief Secretary Pradeep Jena said on Twitter that over 200 ambulances had been called to the scene of Friday's accident in Odisha's Balasore district and 100 additional doctors, on top of 80 already there, had been mobilised.

Early on Saturday morning, Reuters video footage showed police officials moving bodies covered in white cloths off the railway tracks.

"I was asleep," an unidentified male survivor told NDTV news. "I was woken up by the noise of the train derailing. Suddenly I saw 10-15 people dead. I managed to come out of the coach, and then I saw a lot of dismembered bodies."

Video footage from Friday showed rescuers climbing up one of the mangled trains to find survivors, while passengers called for help and sobbed next to the wreckage.

The collision occurred at about 19:00 local time (1330 GMT) on Friday when the Howrah Superfast Express, running from Bangalore to Howrah, West Bengal, collided with the Coromandel Express, which runs from Kolkata to Chennai.

Source: Reuters
Loh
Wamefariki wengi mno

Msiba mzito huo

Hivi hii ya kwetu inayotarajiwa mwezi Julai umeme ukikata wakati iko Ngerengere porini si itapinduka pia? Nina wasiwasi na umeme kufanya kama siku ya mechi kwa mkapa
Yaani Treni ipinduke kisa Umeme kukata?
Acheni utoto

Back
Top Bottom