Hack into a Windows PC - no password needed ( CHANGAMOTO )

Yona F. Maro

R I P
Nov 2, 2006
A security consultant based in New Zealand has released a tool that can unlock Windows computers in seconds without the need for a password.

Interviewed in ITRadio's Risky Business podcast, Boileau said the tool, released to the public today, could "unlock locked Windows machines or login without a password ... merely by plugging in your Firewire cable and running a command".

- HII NI CHANGAMOTO WA WADAU WA SECURITY NAAMINI KUNA KITU CHA KUJADILI NA KUONGEZEA HAPA , MIMI NITATOA MCHANGO WANGU PUNDE LAKINI NIMELETA KWA WENGINE KWANZA NAO WASEME CHOCHOTE

USIKU MWEMA

1. This is against JF's EULA

2.The threat is not what it is made out to be, you actually need to have physical access to a computer and the exploit is based on a firewire.

Microsoft said if you can not secure physical access to your computer, it is no longer your computer.As someone with experience working in Network Security/Administration I would rather see a measure of last resort of gaining access to your computer for data access/recovery in this fashion (via a firewire exploit) than an airtight system in which if you foget your password you are toasted.It actually happenned to one financial advisor who was working for our company, he forgot his XP password and somehow the network was upgraded from a novell netware to a win 2003 server, changing his login options.I had to use some linux boot cd to change the windows password.

So the exploit is not like some exploit in which some college kid from DSenmark with time on their hand could put a trojan on you and open a backdoor, you actually need a dude to connect a Firewire cable to gain access.If somebody has that much access it is either granted or the computer is seriously compromised.

Not to be a Microsoft advocvate,the exploit is still sensitive in the case that a company or individual loses their computer with sensitive info.Ideally nobody without the password should be able to gain access to the computer.

Sasa Ukisikiwa Privacy Is No Longer Ndo Hii Hapa...!
Labda Iwepo Kwa Ajili Ya Ku Tengeneza Waliosahau Passwords Zao....na Sio The Way Ilivyokaa...!

Back
Top Bottom