- Dec 10, 2016
Cube Operator (Electrical)
Job Description :
Reports To: Production ManagerSerengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the Nairobi stock exchange. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Guinness, Tusker Lager, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
- Support SBL to achieve its packaging set targets
Leadership ResponsibilitiesThe role will play a significant part in ensuring SBL leadership standards are met:
Win through Execution
- Act like owners of Diageo by holding self and others to account for highest standards
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
- Inject a restlessness to win and unlock capacity to decide and act quickly
Create meaning, pride and belief for others through Diageo’s purpose
- Build trust and respect in Diageo through open and honest relationships
- Celebrate frequently the impact of living our purpose
- Demand diverse external perspectives and trends that create impetus for change
- Insist on sufficient data and insights that quickly move us to actio
Invest in Talent
- Build and coach diverse teams to unlock performance and growth
- Create an inclusive environment where everyone can be at their best
- Instill agility and resilience in our teams
- Take bold bets on talent underpinned by rigorous assessment
Purpose of RoleThe Cube Operator is required to operate the Process Area of the plant, thus to prepare blended Spirits according to the recipes and certify as suitable for Packaging.
This is ideally an individual with operational, packaging and engineering experience. He/She is responsible for maintaining plant and machinery on shift to carry out packaging activities in order to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost effective manner. The holder participates in continuous improvement initiatives such as PIPs in the department & should own the planning and execution of his/her training and development.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others. Adhere strictly to the Cube safety rules, systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Manage daily operations of Process area according to recipes including deliveries.
- Achieve and report accurately on all KPI’s such as water, raw material waste etc.
- Support Cube production Manager to achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Ensure effective use of raw material and be accountable for waste on components used.
- Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- Actively pursue training and development on an individual and team basis and participate in competency-based training programs. Support other team member development and develop positive relationships with colleagues, including contractors.
- Compile and commentate the required reports – either original report or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Electrical Engineering with 2 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and SBL SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :