Even Maximo is doing a Phenomenon Job!

Rev. Kishoka

JF-Expert Member
Mar 7, 2006
Well, even the Taifa Stars coach is doing an outstanding job, and so is Mattaka, Mkullo, Luhanjo, Sophia Simba, Edward Hosea, Feleshi, Maghembe, Lukuvi and so many appointees and employees of the Resident of Magogoni!

A matter of fact, none of these appointees have failed to deliver and meet the expectations of the appointer, everything is Mswano even though, the crowd is chanting that the King is naked and we can see his woolen balls hanging!

DAILY NEWS Reporter, 18th December 2009

PRESIDENT Jakaya Kikwete has once again defended the under-fire national team coach, Marcio Maximo, saying the Brazilian tactician has worked above the call of duty to transform the team since his arrival.

President Kikwete was responding to questions from the media who wanted him to give his word over the continuing debate on the fate of the coach who has been roundly criticized for the national team's failure to meet fans' expectations.

The head of state, who hosted dinner for Miss East Africa contestants on Wednesday, reminded the critics that when the Brazilian took charge of the national team the country was trailing 167 on Fifa ranking, but succeeded to take the country up to 97th position.

However, the president refused to be drawn into those 'soccer politics' and said his government's only concern was to pay the coach his salaries and that the public should only question him if he stops paying him.

President Kikwete also commented on the tour in the country by one of the continent's football powerhouses, Ivory Coast, pointing out that the Elephants' training tour will prove very important in promoting the country's football and talents worldwide.

The visitors will train in Dar es Salaam for one week during which the West African giants would play two international friendly matches against Taifa Stars.

The Ivorians who will take part in the African Cup of Nations and the World Cup in South Africa next year will provide an opportunity for Taifa Stars to improve its FIFA ranking.

His statement was echoed by the Minister for Information, Culture and Sports, George Mkuchika, who urged the fans to refrain from 'unprofessional' behaviour of proposing players who should be called into the national team.

Taifa Stars' inactivity plus poor results in recent outings has pulled Tanzania at least back to triple digits figure mark, as the latest Fifa rankings show that the country is glued at 106 as it was the case last month. He said that should remain Maximo's task.

However, the past few months have proved tricky for Maximo. He has witnessed Taifa Stars record poor results in their three-match tour in Egypt and Yemen whereby the local boys were hammered 5-1.

Tanzania mainland's elimination from the just concluded Cecafa Senior Challenge Cup in Nairobi, Kenya and particularly the 2-1 defeat to Rwanda provoked critics who called for his resignation.

In another development President Kikwete reiterated his promise to bring in two athletics coaches from Jamaica .

Recently, he visited Jamaica where among other activities, he attended a ceremony to commemorate Jamaica's athletic legend Herbert McKenley.

During the event, he was joined by the world's fastest man Jamaican Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell and the country's Prime Minister, Sana Bruce.

Huyo jamaa hajafanya lolote zaidi ya kuchota mamailioni ya watanzania bureee, tena mchana kweupee!

Naungana na raisi, jamaa kafanya kazi yake ipasavyo. Kasimamia kwenye misingi ya soka hata kama hilo linawaudhi wapenzi wengi wa soka ambao ni wanafki, wanaopenda kumtukuza mchezaji hata kama anaisaliti timu na/au nchi

hureee Maximo, kwangu utabaki kama kocha unayeijua kazi yako vizuri na uliyesimamia kwenye ukweli wa soka hata kama nchi haikuwa nyuma yako

ushauri wa bure kwake, anafaa sana kuwa kocha wa klabu kuliko timu ya taifa, kwani klabuni anaweza kuwa na mipango ya muda mrefu, kuliko national team ambapo watu wanataka voda fasta style

Hivi JK pmoja na kubembea Jamaica kumbe alikutana na akina Bolt. Ajabu ni kwamba hakuna kitu cha maana kilicholipotiwa kwenye hiyo safari zaidi ya matanuzi. Kweli rais tunaye!!!

Naungana na raisi, jamaa kafanya kazi yake ipasavyo. Kasimamia kwenye misingi ya soka hata kama hilo linawaudhi wapenzi wengi wa soka ambao ni wanafki, wanaopenda kumtukuza mchezaji hata kama anaisaliti timu na/au nchi

hureee Maximo, kwangu utabaki kama kocha unayeijua kazi yako vizuri na uliyesimamia kwenye ukweli wa soka hata kama nchi haikuwa nyuma yako

ushauri wa bure kwake, anafaa sana kuwa kocha wa klabu kuliko timu ya taifa, kwani klabuni anaweza kuwa na mipango ya muda mrefu, kuliko national team ambapo watu wanataka voda fasta style

You sound like Makalla, Chiligati or even Makamba. you stand by the president!

There is Zero results, but you are pleased and happy!

What in the living hell does a president have to do with the coach of the national football team? Doesn't he have other pressing issues to deal with?

You sound like Makalla, Chiligati or even Makamba. you stand by the president!

There is Zero results, but you are pleased and happy!

Yeah, from Negative results, zero sounds something to me

Yeah, from Negative results, zero sounds something to me

It is not a linear equation or plotting a graph, nothing has been gained, Zero, Nil, Kapa!

However if we follow your logic, then I have spared him, since everything is running in negative. You should be proud that I have measured him at the starting point and not the negative X or Y!

What in the living hell does a president have to do with the coach of the national football team? Doesn't he have other pressing issues to deal with?

JJ,

The President is one who is paying Maximo's salary, not Tenga or TFF! The president is happy with the Good JOb Maximo has been doing, paying him I think somewhere close to $10000.00 a month!

And so is the common trend of His Excellency to be pleased with mediocre results from his direct reports and others who he can rid of them for incompetence!

It is not a linear equation or plotting a graph, nothing has been gained, Zero, Nil, Kapa!

However if we follow your logic, then I have spared him, since everything is running in negative. You should be proud that I have measured him at the starting point and not the negative X or Y!

We have gained something though not that much as to impress those who see things lightly. You must know where we came from to determine where we stand now. To me its just like a straight line, and the move is promising

There are a lot of things to do for our football, and I dont see if sacking Maximo will make a better shortcut

Vyovyote utakavyofikiria, mpira ni zaidi ya haya maoni ya Kikwete au kumfukuza Maximo

Tuanze kwanza kwa kuwaambia hawa vijana wetu waache upumbavu, they only should behave professionally to see themselves succeeding, and when they do, it will mean a lot for Taifa Stars also

..Maximo has been coaching Taifa Stars for more than three 3. If I was evaluating Maximo, that would be enough time for him to come up with a team that would dominate in East African regional tournaments.

..Now since he has failed to achieve such a modest goal I think we should should just let him go. I dont think we are experiencing any positive trends in our soccer development.

..the defence that Maximo has helped us climb up Fifa Ranking sounds "fuzzy" to me. why dont we evaluate his performance by the number of matches or tournaments our national team wins?

JJ,

The President is one who is paying Maximo's salary, not Tenga or TFF! The president is happy with the Good JOb Maximo has been doing, paying him I think somewhere close to $10000.00 a month!

And so is the common trend of His Excellency to be pleased with mediocre results from his direct reports and others who he can rid of them for incompetence!

Naona hapo unasahau kwamba pango lake la kukaa hoteli muda wote huo ni kiasi gani?

We have gained something though not that much as to impress those who see things lightly. You must know where we came from to determine where we stand now. To me its just like a straight line, and the move is promising

There are a lot of things to do for our football, and I dont see if sacking Maximo will make a better shortcut

Vyovyote utakavyofikiria, mpira ni zaidi ya haya maoni ya Kikwete au kumfukuza Maximo

Tuanze kwanza kwa kuwaambia hawa vijana wetu waache upumbavu, they only should behave professionally to see themselves succeeding, and when they do, it will mean a lot for Taifa Stars also

Talking of stupid comments, here's a couple.

• Kikwete ni kiongozi bora - anaangushwa tu na wasaidizi anaowateua yeye, Raisi. Tuanze kwa kuwaambia hao wasaidizi waache ...
  • Maximo ni mwalimu mzuri - anaangushwa tu na wachezaji anaowateua yeye, Kocha. Tuanze kwa kuwaambia wachezaji waache....
And it goes on and on... makes one wanna cry !

Dec 23, 2007- Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete has put his personal weight behind the Brazilian coach who has been training the Tanzanian National Eleven but was criticized by some local fans for poor farings in some matches.
The Tanzanian president told local editors of mass media institutions on Thursday that it was still too early to blame Marcio Maximo.
"The coach has been in charge of almost one year and in soccer there are ups and downs, therefore let us give Maximo time to prepare the team," said the president who has been following the improvement and development of the country's national soccer team.
"I have confidence in Maximo and I will continue to support him," added the president.
Marcio Maximo from Brazil was given a four-year development program on the national team. The Brazilian coach took over the charge in July last year.
The government of Tanzania has decided to resort to the experienced Brazilian to train the national squad for the 2008 African Cup of Nations and the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.
When Marcio Maximo took over, the Tanzanian National Eleven were ranked 167th on the FIFA worldwide rankings. Now they are the 89th on the latest FIFA list and second highest among east African countries.
Of the 18 international matches the team has played so far, the national squad has won eight, drawn seven and lost three.
Though having failed to qualify for the Ghana finals of the African Cup of Nations, the Brazilian coach is busy preparing his team for the South Africa World Cup qualifiers.
Tanzania was drawn into the African Group One qualifying tourney with Cameroon, Mauritius and Verde. Tanzania has never played Cameroon or Cape Verde. It tied Mauritius 0-0 at home and lost to the isles 3-2 away in the 2001 African Cup of Nations qualifiers. Marcio Maximo, who is now on a family reunion holiday in Brazil, is planning to take his proteges to Brazil for intensified training before setting up a series of international warm-up matches for them.
Tanzania's first World Cup qualifier tie is scheduled for June next year.

And two years later.

Dec 19, 2009 - Tanzanian president Jakaya Kikwete has thrown his weight behind under-fire national team coach, Marcio Maximo, saying the Brazilian tactician has worked above the call of duty to transform the team since his arrival.President Kikwete was responding to questions from the media who had sought his views over the continuing debate on the fate of the coach who has been roundly criticised for the national team's failure to meet fans' expectations, more so during the CECAFA Challenge recently held in Kenya.
According to a report posted in the Daily News, the president refused to be drawn into 'soccer politics' and said his government's only concern was to pay the coach his salaries and that the public should only question him if the government stops paying him.
Last month, Tanzania were whipped 5-1 by Egypt and Yemen in a three match tour of Egypt. More frustrating to the fans, the team was dumped from the CECAFA Challenge by ‘young' brothers Zanzibar in the quarter finals. Zanzibar and Tanzania field one team in FIFA tournaments but go separate ways in other competitions.

Baada ya miaka minne tumeshindwa kutimiza lengo hata moja. Kwanza, tulishindwa kufaulu kucheza fainali za kombe la Afrika 2008 na sasa tumeshindwa tena kufanya hivyo kwa mashindano ya 2010. Pili, tumaini letu la kushiriki kwenye fainali za kombe la Dunia miaka ya karibuni, inabakia kuwa ndoto. Hata hivyo yapendekezwa Maximo aongezewe awamu ya pili ya miaka mingine minne - naam, ndio utaratibu.

Talking of stupid comments, here's a couple.

• Kikwete ni kiongozi bora - anaangushwa tu na wasaidizi anaowateua yeye, Raisi. Tuanze kwa kuwaambia hao wasaidizi waache ...
  • Maximo ni mwalimu mzuri - anaangushwa tu na wachezaji anaowateua yeye, Kocha. Tuanze kwa kuwaambia wachezaji waache....
And it goes on and on... makes one wanna cry !

Sawa sir/madam

Anaondoka huyu Maximo in a few months to come, tutsubiri tuone nini kitabadilika baada ya hapo

Wengine ni washabiki wa kuona watu wakibadilika tu, sio results

Naweza kusaidia kwa kutoa tu maoni yangu, lakini siwezi kusaidia kwa kuondoa ukungu wa ujinga katika vichwa vya watu

Pesa ya Taifa kama TZ haina wenye uchungu nayo.

Sasa nani awaambie hao vijana? Maximo ndio yupo kwenye hiyo leadership ya kuwaambia vijana, kama vijana hawaelewi labda kwa kua Maximo hana namna nzuri ya kuwaambia vijana.

Back
Top Bottom