Du, Kiinglish cha Viongozi wetu: Inatia aibu!

Nimekumbka sometimes ago watu waliwahi kumshukia Kanumba kuhusu kiinglishi chake, kumbe ukilinganisha na Mhishimiwa Rahisi Marehemu Kanumba ana afadhali.......

Acha mbwembwe! wewe unajua Kiingereza? pamoja na kiingereza chake mbona ametuongoza? hiyo ni inferiority complex, I am afraid wewe ndo hujuwi kiingereza. Wabongo bana, sijuwi tukoje. We badala ya kutafuta context au maudhui wewe unaangalia kama mtu kakosea kuongea kiingereza wewe unaye jua kiingera vizuri mbona unakula mihogo mibichi na mwenzio asiye jua kiingera yuko ikulu?

I am afraid you are suffering from inferiority complex!

Mkuu unataka kutetea nini hapa? embu ona hii .... (content vs language)

A Question from Ms Christine from NBC News to President Kikwete during the Obama's press conference at Ikulu in Dar es Salaam yesterday

"President Kikwete, Did you discuss with president Obama the Tanzanian Diplomat who is stationed in Washington DC and fined a million dollars for holding a woman against her will as domestic servant. Is this person still an adviser to you and is this issue in anyway undercut your ability to fight human trafficking in you great country?"

Answers/Response from the President Kikwete

"....I am aware of a situation in Washington that involve one of our diplomats…. This incidence involves a young sister of the wife of this diplomat. He took her with them to help her getting education and support her make it in life. Then I think there was a conflict within the family, and then this young lady accuse the brother in law and the sister of using her for cheap labour. The court decided 1 million fine, an amount which for a Tanzanian there is no way that he can afford to pay, even the president.. we are here the presidents.. when I retire my retirement benefits can not pay that because we get far less. Then I think there was reconsideration for this gentleman to pay 175,000 dollars which is far as I know has already been paid; so that matter has been put to rest"

https://www.jamiiforums.com/jukwaa-...-to-pres-kikwete-about-human-trafficking.html

Roger that Sir. Binafsi pia huwa nakereka sana na watu ambao wao siku zote ni kukosoa tu tenses au grammar badala ya kuangalia maudhui, mf wenzetu wakenya hawana muda huo, hasa yule anaependa kusema "watu kama hao ni buuuulee ....bule kabisa" naamanisha kibaki.

Let's change guys!

alfred@kohiatdotcodottz

Na ndio maana wazungu hao hao ambao wanatumia kithungu kila siku wametoa vitabu vya common mistakes in English wakijua kabisa kuna shida kwenye baadhi ya angle, BTW kithungu alichozungumza kinaeleweka hata kwa hao wageni wake

Mkuu unataka kutetea nini hapa? embu ona hii .... (content vs language)

A Question from Ms Christine from NBC News to President Kikwete during the Obama's press conference at Ikulu in Dar es Salaam yesterday

"President Kikwete, Did you discuss with president Obama the Tanzanian Diplomat who is stationed in Washington DC and fined a million dollars for holding a woman against her will as domestic servant. Is this person still an adviser to you and is this issue in anyway undercut your ability to fight human trafficking in you great country?"

Answers/Response from the President Kikwete

"....I am aware of a situation in Washington that involve one of our diplomats…. This incidence involves a young sister of the wife of this diplomat. He took her with them to help her getting education and support her make it in life. Then I think there was a conflict within the family, and then this young lady accuse the brother in law and the sister of using her for cheap labour. The court decided 1 million fine, an amount which for a Tanzanian there is no way that he can afford to pay, even the president.. we are here the presidents.. when I retire my retirement benefits can not pay that because we get far less. Then I think there was reconsideration for this gentleman to pay 175,000 dollars which is far as I know has already been paid; so that matter has been put to rest"

https://www.jamiiforums.com/jukwaa-...-to-pres-kikwete-about-human-trafficking.html

Hapa mdau ndio umeleta hoja ya msingi hapa maana wakati mwingine unaweza kupigwa swali hata kwa lugha yako na ikitokea ukawa huna nondo unaanza kuokoteza maneno kwa kuwa lengo lako ilikuwa ni kukwepa swali mwisho wa siku unakuwa na kigugumizi, tujitutumue tu hivyo hivyo tutajua tu na nadhani ameeleweka maana tunataka ku-save gharama za ukalimani

Moja ya kipimo cha kupima uwezo wa kiongozi atakaye kuongoza ni pamoja na uwezo wa kiongozi huyo kuwa na uwezo mzuri wa:
(a)kujieleza yeye mwenyewe
(b) Uwezo wa kueleza vizuri, kueleza vizuri mawazo na hisia zake
(c) Uwezo mzuri wa kuyaelewa na kuyaelezea mawazo ya watu wengine
(d) Ufasaha na ustadi katika utendaji wake

Hatutegemei kuwa tukawa na rais wa nchi ambaye ni average! Tunapaswa kutambua kuwa ni wajibu wetu wa kumtafuta na kumpata rais ambae yuko juu ya viwango vya kawaida. Kama tukichagua boga, tujue kuwa sisi ndio wa kulaumiwa.

Kikwete hana uwezo mzuri wa kumudu lugha ya kiingereza. Hili ni tatizo kubwa hata kwa walimu wetu wa vyuo vya juu. Na wengi wanapoulizwa ni kwa nini hawaonyeshi kumudu lugha ya kiingereza (ambayo ni kitendea kazi) wao wanaishia kutukana.

Kiingereza ni kitendea kazi. Lazima tuweze kutmia vitendea kazi hivi kwa ajili ya kulinda maslahi ya nchi na watu wake.

Lakini huyu Kikwete amekuwa waziri wa mambo ya nchi za nje kwa miaka kumi mfululizo. Aliwezaje kumudu nafasi yake hiyo kama uwezo wake wa kujieleza ni huu?

Acha mbwembwe! wewe unajua Kiingereza? pamoja na kiingereza chake mbona ametuongoza? hiyo ni inferiority complex, I am afraid wewe ndo hujuwi kiingereza. Wabongo bana, sijuwi tukoje. We badala ya kutafuta context au maudhui wewe unaangalia kama mtu kakosea kuongea kiingereza wewe unaye jua kiingera vizuri mbona unakula mihogo mibichi na mwenzio asiye jua kiingera yuko ikulu?

Mmeiba kura nani asiejua,cheki anavyoaibisha,kama kingereza sio issue kifuteni basi kama lugha ya kufundishia hadi vyuoni,kwenye interview,mmchague ujue kama anajua au hajui.

Yaliyomo kwenye hiyo clip ni haya hapa:

I... I think the... the issue of satisfied with MCC should have com... should have been asked me.

MCC has been great assistance from the United States government to the people of Tanzania.

There are three.... three... three sectors here. There is the road sector. And the good thing about the MCC is that we decide on the..... on the areas or sectors that we need assistance. But even we decide on where. For example in the case of roads. There are roads that we spo.... we talked to many donors, who were not ready to support us. But when... when you said there is going to be support on roads I said "Let's try these roads, let's see what the American are going to say." The American said fine, if you think you need these roads fine, we will give you the money.

Those fellow Tanzanians know Namtumbo-Songea-Mbinga, Tunduma-Sumbawanga, Tanga-Horohoro, the roads in Pemba. But we chose those roads because, these roads are actually in our bread basket area. This is where we get the corn: Ruvuma, Rukwa and Mbeya.

We decide.. we chose the US to assist us to increase water supply in Dar es Salaam. It is our decision. The project is now being implemented.

With electricity we said, one of our biggest problems is access to electricity for people in the rural areas. The US said fine. We have m m .. in grid 10 regions of Tanzania. Coverage of electricity has increased from 10% to 21%, is phenomenal increase.

So I want to underscore the fact that I am satisfied with the support from MCC.

Is US doing enough? The US has done a lot, but if I say they have done enough, then the President will not listen to my new requests... hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

But so far so good.

Deaths from malaria have declined by over 50%, infant mortality rates have declined, HIV infections have declined. Through PMTCT (Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission) more children born by HIV infected mothers are born free of the disease. More people now...

The US has supported us now with over 2 million books. And today I asked the president we want another 2.4 million and he said we will ... to .... and I see from their face that they are in agreement with the president. So that when it comes to science and mathematics books, we will have every Tanzanian child .. have a book of his or her own, instead of the ratios that we are talking today 5 to 1 now reduced to 3 to 1. So the list is endless.

We have a lot of support, we are very appreciative, we are very thankful, it has really helped changing the lives of our people.

Contradiction tena .Kumbe barabara wanazo tamba nazo ni pesa ya MCC ila wakuwa Bungeni wanasema wamekusanya kodi na kujenga haya sasa Obama kaja wanasema siri zao ambazo si kawaida kusemwa in the open .

Siyo suala la inferiority complex. Ni suala la kuzungumza lugha sawasawa ili ueleweke. Hakuna aliyemlazimisha kuongea kiingereza. He could have used Kiswahili. I said this and will say it again. Alitakiwa atafute mtafsiri na wala hakuna ambaye angeshangaa. Sasa watu wanashangaa level ya kiingereza alichoongea tena kwa wenye lugha yao. Why can't we be proud of our language especially when English is either the second language or third? Mbona wao hawataki kuongea Kiswahili hadharani? It is because they are not fluent.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using JamiiForums

Kama unayo clip ya Dr Nchimbi tuwekee ili tujiridhishe. Ya Dr Kikwete angalau tumeiona.

Tafuta ile aliyo enda Nairobi Nchimbi kuwakilisha Taifa tena alikuwa anaisoma.

Here the issue is not only English. The speech is embarrassing.

If you are a Tanzania with a sense of dignity as a citizen you should be embarrassed!

Tanzania is one of the wealthiest country on the planet in terms of its natural resources yet here is our president talking like a little school girl in front of her rich daddy.

Receiving aid has become a bragging badge for Kikwete, foreign companies are making billions off our lands yet here's this embarrassing president bragging about how much aid his country is getting from the US.

Let us forget our party affiliations and ideologies. This is simply embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing!!!!

English is embarrassing, but even more so is the condescending message!!!

Ni kweli mkuu.

Kikwete ametutia aibu sana.

Clip zake zimeanzwa kutangazwa youtube kama za Idd Amin mtindo wa comedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ndio viongozi ccm wanajivunia wamesoma,watamkumbuka Mbatia na mitaala ya kuungaunga.

Here the issue is not only English. The speech is embarrassing.

If you are a Tanzania with a sense of dignity as a citizen you should be embarrassed!

Tanzania is one of the wealthiest country on the planet in terms of its natural resources yet here is our president talking like a little school girl in front of her rich daddy.

Receiving aid has become a bragging badge for Kikwete, foreign companies are making billions off our lands yet here's this embarrassing president bragging about how much aid his country is getting from the US.

Let us forget our party affiliations and ideologies. This is simply embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing!!!!

English is embarrassing, but even more so is the condescending message!!!

though I presume, majority of us face difficulty to take advise than to give...ni rahisi kutoa ushauri kuliko kupokea.

i propose that cabinet meetings be conducted in English so as to make our leaders become comfortable when they meet with other leaders in high profiled meetings ...just imagine those tete a tete or random discussions/chats they make behind the scene.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Rais wa china hajui english ! je anawatia aibu wachina!..?

Yaliyomo kwenye hiyo clip ni haya hapa:

I... I think the... the issue of satisfied with MCC should have com... should have been asked me.

MCC has been great assistance from the United States government to the people of Tanzania.

There are three.... three... three sectors here. There is the road sector. And the good thing about the MCC is that we decide on the..... on the areas or sectors that we need assistance. But even we decide on where. For example in the case of roads. There are roads that we spo.... we talked to many donors, who were not ready to support us. But when... when you said there is going to be support on roads I said "Let's try these roads, let's see what the American are going to say." The American said fine, if you think you need these roads fine, we will give you the money.

Those fellow Tanzanians know Namtumbo-Songea-Mbinga, Tunduma-Sumbawanga, Tanga-Horohoro, the roads in Pemba. But we chose those roads because, these roads are actually in our bread basket area. This is where we get the corn: Ruvuma, Rukwa and Mbeya.

We decide.. we chose the US to assist us to increase water supply in Dar es Salaam. It is our decision. The project is now being implemented.

With electricity we said, one of our biggest problems is access to electricity for people in the rural areas. The US said fine. We have m m .. in grid 10 regions of Tanzania. Coverage of electricity has increased from 10% to 21%, is phenomenal increase.

So I want to underscore the fact that I am satisfied with the support from MCC.

Is US doing enough? The US has done a lot, but if I say they have done enough, then the President will not listen to my new requests... hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

But so far so good.

Deaths from malaria have declined by over 50%, infant mortality rates have declined, HIV infections have declined. Through PMTCT (Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission) more children born by HIV infected mothers are born free of the disease. More people now...

The US has supported us now with over 2 million books. And today I asked the president we want another 2.4 million and he said we will ... to .... and I see from their face that they are in agreement with the president. So that when it comes to science and mathematics books, we will have every Tanzanian child .. have a book of his or her own, instead of the ratios that we are talking today 5 to 1 now reduced to 3 to 1. So the list is endless.

We have a lot of support, we are very appreciative, we are very thankful, it has really helped changing the lives of our people.

Deaths from malaria have..has declined by over 50%, infant mortality rates have declined, HIV infections have declined. Through PMTCT (Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission) more children born by HIV infected mothers are born free of the disease. More people now...

Moja ya kipimo cha kupima uwezo wa kiongozi atakaye kuongoza ni pamoja na uwezo wa kiongozi huyo kuwa na uwezo mzuri wa:
(a)kujieleza yeye mwenyewe
(b) Uwezo wa kueleza vizuri, kueleza vizuri mawazo na hisia zake
(c) Uwezo mzuri wa kuyaelewa na kuyaelezea mawazo ya watu wengine
(d) Ufasaha na ustadi katika utendaji wake

Hatutegemei kuwa tukawa na rais wa nchi ambaye ni average! Tunapaswa kutambua kuwa ni wajibu wetu wa kumtafuta na kumpata rais ambae yuko juu ya viwango vya kawaida. Kama tukichagua boga, tujue kuwa sisi ndio wa kulaumiwa.

Kikwete hana uwezo mzuri wa kumudu lugha ya kiingereza. Hili ni tatizo kubwa hata kwa walimu wetu wa vyuo vya juu. Na wengi wanapoulizwa ni kwa nini hawaonyeshi kumudu lugha ya kiingereza (ambayo ni kitendea kazi) wao wanaishia kutukana.

Kiingereza ni kitendea kazi. Lazima tuweze kutmia vitendea kazi hivi kwa ajili ya kulinda maslahi ya nchi na watu wake.

we utakuwa na ugomvi na pipoooooz......jamani me sijawahi kumsikia kiongozi yoyote wa cdm anamwaga mombo mfano mbowe/slaa/mnyika/lema etc etc

though I presume, majority of us face difficulty to take advise than to give...ni rahisi kutoa ushauri kuliko kupokea.

i propose that cabinet meetings be conducted in English so as to make our leaders become comfortable when they meet with other leaders in high profiled meetings ...just imagine those tete a tete or random discussions/chats they make behind the scene.....

not only cabinet meetings....all those other meetings which includes president...Central committee...NEC.. and evry minister when meeting Mr Presdident do conduct bussiness in english..

JK lacks intelligent self-management he could have been choosing the language he is comfortable with instead of trying to be a tri-lingual(fluent in kwere,swahili and english).

mchizi alipiga grammatical suicide za hatari kaitoa kwenye reli hii speech ya idd amin kwa malkia hapa chini:

President Idi Amin Dada's speech to Queen Elizabeth:
"My majesty Mr. Queen Sir, horrible ministers and members of parliament, invented Guests, ladies under gentlemen; I hereby thank you completely … Mr. Queen, sir … and also what he has done for me and my fellow Uganda who come with me.

We have really eaten very much and we are fed up completely. Also very thanks to you keenly open up from all windows so that those plenty climates can come into lunch. But before I go back to my country with a plane from the Entebbe airport of London, I wish to invitation you Mr. Queen, to become home to Uganda so that we can also revenge on you.
You will eat a full cow, and also feel up your stomach and walk with difficult because of full stomach completely. Even when you want to rest at night, I will make sure that you sleep on top of me in the top upstairs of my mansion completely so that you can enjoy all the gravity of fresh air.
But now am sorry because I have to tell you that I have made a short call on you only. But next time I shall make a long call on you to last the whole moon completely. Thank you very much to allow me to undress you completely before these extinguished ladies under gentlemen sir.
Lastly but not list, I ask the band to play our international anthem of the Republic of Uganda and also the British international anthem. Your majesty sir, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and from the bottoms of all the people of Uganda. With this few words I thank you Sir."

Back
Top Bottom