Binti wa miaka 17 aandika historia baada ya kuhitimu ngazi ya Uzamivu (PhD)

Suley2019

JF-Expert Member
Oct 7, 2019
1715790881758.png

Mwanachuo kijana wa Chicago alitembea katika programu ya mahafali ya chuo kikuu chake baada ya kuweka historia kwa kupata shahada ya udaktari akiwa na umri wa miaka 17.

Dorothy Jean Tillman II alisherehekea mafanikio hayo adimu, akielezea wiki ya mahafali kama "isiyo ya kawaida" na "imejaa tafakari na msukumo", katika chapisho lake la Instagram.
---

A Chicago teenager walked in her university’s commencement program after making history for earning a doctorate degree at the age of 17.

Dorothy Jean Tillman II celebrated the rare accomplishment, describing commencement week as “surreal” and “full of reflection and inspiration”, in a post to Instagram.

“I got a chance to meet many of my classmates in person as well as professors,” she said. “To get the opportunity to speak on the stage in front of 20,000 people live and 3 million online was truly an honor.”

Tillman first began her collegiate career at the young age of 10, while most of her peers were still navigating middle school and awkward adolescence.

Tillman, who was home schooled in childhood, began taking college classes through the College of Lake County in Grayslake, Illinois, about two hours outside of Chicago.

She earned her associates degree in 2016 and finished her bachelor’s degree at Excelsior University, an online degree program based in Albany, New York, in 2018.

After completing a master of science degree in 2020, Tillman was accepted into the Doctorate of Behavioral Health Management program at Arizona State University in 2021 — at the age of 15.

Tillman successfully defended her dissertation in December, joining her classmates in person at ASU’s spring commencement on 6 May.

Leslie Manson, the associate professor who oversaw Tillman’s dissertation through ASU’s online program, said Tillman was the youngest person to complete a doctoral degree in integrated behavioral health at ASU.

“It’s a wonderful celebration ... but this is still something so rare and unique,” Manson said. “She has innovative ideas and motivation, which is wonderful, and truly, I think what is inspiring is that she embodies that meaning of being a true leader.”

Tillman credited her family as one of her biggest inspirations to complete her graduate studies.

Seeing my mother consistently work so hard to continuously uphold our family’s legacy and be that person that everyone was able to go to, if they needed anything ... always seeing [her] like Wonder Woman definitely made me want to grow up [into] an accomplished person,” Tillman said to Good Morning America.

Tillman is also the granddaughter of Dorothy Tillman, the former Chicago alderwoman who was involved in the civil rights movement.

“People in my life like my grandmother, who was part of the civil rights movement, she of course harped on the importance of education and consistently learning something always,” Tillman said.

With her degrees now done, Tillman told GMA that she plans to continue reflecting on what her specific goals are as well as focus on other interests, including public speaking and a leadership institute she created.

“I’m really just grateful that the world is my oyster, and that I’ve done so much so young,” she said. “And I have time to kind of think that through.”

Guardian

Mwanachuo kijana wa Chicago alitembea katika programu ya mahafali ya chuo kikuu chake baada ya kuweka historia kwa kupata shahada ya udaktari akiwa na umri wa miaka 17.

Dorothy Jean Tillman II alisherehekea mafanikio hayo adimu, akielezea wiki ya mahafali kama "isiyo ya kawaida" na "imejaa tafakari na msukumo", katika chapisho lake la Instagram.
---

A Chicago teenager walked in her university’s commencement program after making history for earning a doctorate degree at the age of 17.

Dorothy Jean Tillman II celebrated the rare accomplishment, describing commencement week as “surreal” and “full of reflection and inspiration”, in a post to Instagram.

“I got a chance to meet many of my classmates in person as well as professors,” she said. “To get the opportunity to speak on the stage in front of 20,000 people live and 3 million online was truly an honor.”

Tillman first began her collegiate career at the young age of 10, while most of her peers were still navigating middle school and awkward adolescence.

Tillman, who was home schooled in childhood, began taking college classes through the College of Lake County in Grayslake, Illinois, about two hours outside of Chicago.

She earned her associates degree in 2016 and finished her bachelor’s degree at Excelsior University, an online degree program based in Albany, New York, in 2018.

After completing a master of science degree in 2020, Tillman was accepted into the Doctorate of Behavioral Health Management program at Arizona State University in 2021 — at the age of 15.

Tillman successfully defended her dissertation in December, joining her classmates in person at ASU’s spring commencement on 6 May.

Leslie Manson, the associate professor who oversaw Tillman’s dissertation through ASU’s online program, said Tillman was the youngest person to complete a doctoral degree in integrated behavioral health at ASU.

“It’s a wonderful celebration ... but this is still something so rare and unique,” Manson said. “She has innovative ideas and motivation, which is wonderful, and truly, I think what is inspiring is that she embodies that meaning of being a true leader.”

Tillman credited her family as one of her biggest inspirations to complete her graduate studies.

Seeing my mother consistently work so hard to continuously uphold our family’s legacy and be that person that everyone was able to go to, if they needed anything ... always seeing [her] like Wonder Woman definitely made me want to grow up [into] an accomplished person,” Tillman said to Good Morning America.

Tillman is also the granddaughter of Dorothy Tillman, the former Chicago alderwoman who was involved in the civil rights movement.

“People in my life like my grandmother, who was part of the civil rights movement, she of course harped on the importance of education and consistently learning something always,” Tillman said.

With her degrees now done, Tillman told GMA that she plans to continue reflecting on what her specific goals are as well as focus on other interests, including public speaking and a leadership institute she created.

“I’m really just grateful that the world is my oyster, and that I’ve done so much so young,” she said. “And I have time to kind of think that through.”

Guardian
Kwa hiyo achievement yake ni age au?

SEMA hiki chuma haswaa Ila Sura ya miaka 36
PhD zinazeesha ndugu; kuhitimu ndani ya muda mfupi is not a joke! Now on katapendeza vibaya mno; she is so beautiful - ni shule tu; hadi muda wa kunawa unakosekana ati. Muda wa hina mwili mzima haupo.

Nimefurahi tu ni ngozi nyeusi. Sisi waafrika tupo vizuri sana ni vile mazingira yanakuwa magumu

Back
Top Bottom