as scientists: what have evolution done for us

HT

JF-Expert Member
Jul 29, 2011
friends,
I have one thing that bothers me and I thought it would be nice to share here. Before I share let me put myself here: I love science and observational science have done great things airbus and concord, Iphones, PCs, droids, satellites et al.
I have always problem with evolution being called science. To me it is useless belief, a failed theory. I have always believed that evol is not science and is a religion that is packaged with science. Now some colleagues criticises my position with their explanations.
That I have put forth my position, I wonder if there is a single thing that evolution have done to science and community. I cannot find even one good thing, this theory have done to humanity. So please can you help me if I'm missing anything good that evol have done for us,
thank you!
Edit for clarification
Ilm not talking about so called a micro-evolution or its good name adaptation. I'm talking of macro evolution aka molecule-to-man evolution. I believe in adaptation and is well established fact. I have problem with molecule-to-man evol.
Sorry for confusio!

The theory of evolution is essential in the creation of bio engineered medicines, DNA sequences are taken from the desired end product and spliced into a suitable host to be produced in mass quantities e.g Insulin.

Evolution helps us understand and combat drug resistance developed by disease causing organisms.

Evolutionary theory helps us in performing artificial selection, contributing to livestock quality and greater food production.

Many statistical techniques in use in a wide variety of fields were developed in the study of evolution.

Evolution helps us understand a lot about Biology, without you would not know why we have an appendix, why a male peacock has beautiful feathers or why flowers smell good.

And lastly in order for a field/science/theory to be useful it is not necessary for it to have practical applications, the simple fact of knowing the previously unknown has value.

friends,
I have one thing that bothers me and I thought it would be nice to share here. Before I share let me put myself here: I love science and observational science have done great things airbus and concord, Iphones, PCs, droids, satellites et al.
I have always problem with evolution being called science. To me it is useless belief, a failed theory. I have always believed that evol is not science and is a religion that is packaged with science. Now some colleagues criticises my position with their explanations.
That I have put forth my position, I wonder if there is a single thing that evolution have done to science and community. I cannot find even one good thing, this theory have done to humanity. So please can you help me if I'm missing anything good that evol have done for us,
thank you!
Soma hii hapa unaweza kupanua mawazo yako.

The theory of evolution is essential in the creation of bio engineered medicines, DNA sequences are taken from the desired end product and spliced into a suitable host to be produced in mass quantities e.g Insulin.

Evolution helps us understand and combat drug resistance developed by disease causing organisms.

Evolutionary theory helps us in performing artificial selection, contributing to livestock quality and greater food production.

Many statistical techniques in use in a wide variety of fields were developed in the study of evolution.

Evolution helps us understand a lot about Biology, without you would not know why we have an appendix, why a male peacock has beautiful feathers or why flowers smell good.

And lastly in order for a field/science/theory to be useful it is not necessary for it to have practical applications, the simple fact of knowing the previously unknown has value.

All the above has got nothing to do with evolution, evolution is simply a theory which was never proven and it could not be proven and it will never be proven. Its someones idea which never materialize in science.

Pia evolutionary science inasaidia katika embryology because the embryo and the fetus retrace all the steps of human evolution making it easy to understand what went wrong in case of malformations.

All the above has got nothing to do with evolution, evolution is simply a theory which was never proven and it could not be proven and it will never be proven. Its someones idea which never materialize in science.

Lol, I suggest you actually go study what a scientific theory is.

Kang, nime edit ku reflect nilichomaanisha. I have no problem with the adaptation, but species to species change!

Pia evolutionary science inasaidia katika embryology because the embryo and the fetus retrace all the steps of human evolution making it easy to understand what went wrong in case of malformations.
it does not happen! That was haeckel's forgery and he confessed it long ago. Yet the lie is still in books, strange!!

Bravo FF, what amazes me the most is the tendency of misguided evolutionists trying to attack the scientific credentials of any scientist who rejects the theory of evolution. They have to do this because - Number one:There is so little scientific evidence that supports evolution! Number two:What little evidence they have is highly questionable. At the end of the day the PARADOX is: Since they can’t refute the scientific evidence, they try to refute the scientist.

Bravo FF, what amazes me the most is the tendency of misguided evolutionists trying to attack the scientific credentials of any scientist who rejects the theory of evolution. They have to do this because - Number one:There is so little scientific evidence that supports evolution! Number two:What little evidence they have is highly questionable. At the end of the day the PARADOX is: Since they can’t refute the scientific evidence, they try to refute the scientist.
I have never seen a single evidence. And yes they resort to 'poison the well' and ad hominem because as you said its is their last weapon in arsenal.
Evolution was inverted to justify atheism, so it is a religion, alternative to creation and Creator. All honest evolutionists confess this!