African Satellite World and Sat Gear

HOW do you bring this bird down? I've an 8ft pf and for the whole day yesterday didn't manage to down it.am currently stationed at IS20(apstar 7 is my reference)

HOW do you bring this bird down? I've an 8ft pf and for the whole day yesterday didn't manage to down it.am currently stationed at IS20(apstar 7 is my reference)
Klevgit if you are referring to 38 east 1R then am pleased to report that I have just managed it courtesy of the advice offered by Ish-Nyeim-(and the rest who responded to my earlier post which seemingly resonates with a number of forumers here);many thanks for this Ish-Nyeim.

I stand to be corrected by the pros in the house, but it appears that if you are in the general hood of Nairobi, then aim your dish vertically up( my basic school geography would have described it as zero degrees i.e neither East nor west). You can then play around with the azimuth by turning the whole dish around and sure enough you will reel them in, of course after removing the teflon.

However it would appear that my target, P*V S***t, does not pop up under the same name. I saw the National and the Bolani ones but what I suspect is the target could be appearing as a feed. I know this has been extensively discussed here, but nevertheless would appreciate further directions on the input of the most current B**S keys for the target. Please refer me to the page containing the blow by blow details over the same.

ASAS lives on.

@ Apstar 7 *Skew your LNB to H positon and use this Thaicom 5 Tp 3600 H 26657,At 68.5e all you need to do is to lower your dish by 7 to 12 in.

hi...am in karatina. am currently watching all nilesat channels using a 100cm offset eurostar dish with stargold lnb. what can i do to unscramble the english scrambled channels...n please join me on the whatsapp group would like to share with fellow assas colleagues. thank u

----------------------------------------------------
I stand to be corrected by the pros in the house, but it appears that if you are in the general hood of Nairobi, then aim your dish vertically up( my basic school geography would have described it as zero degrees i.e neither East nor west). You can then play around with the azimuth by turning the whole dish around and sure enough you will reel them in, of course after removing the teflon. -----------------------------------------------

Sorry Bwana Samito but I thought I should correct you on some geography contained in your post above.
By pointing your dish vertically up (Nairobi) you are not at zero degrees at all.
Since the co-ordinates of Nairobi are roughly 1°17′South 36°49′East, you are already more than 36 degrees East
from the zero meridian. Only people living along the 0 degrees Greenwich line e.g. in Accra Ghana can be said to
be on the zero meridian. Secondly your intended target satellite (Paksat) is located at 38 degrees East which is almost same location as you are in and therefore directly above you. To someone in Ghana the same satellite is actually in the east and his dish will face eastwards. To someone in India, the same satellite is in the west
relative to his geographic location and his dish will face westwards.
As most of the satellites we are interested in are "parked" along the Equator only we ASAS trackers in the
tropics see them that way, otherwise guys in Europe point their dishes southwards and only track theirs facing
the equator. They swing their dishes east or west but facing in the general southern direction.

I hope I have not complicated the explanation geographically or otherwise and I welcome
members to chip in with simpler explanations. The understanding of this concept is very
important in our hobby as most members rush to point their dish in the east just because
the satellite location says 7 degrees East. In East Africa this 7 degrees satellite makes us
point our dishes westwards to track it because we are already located more than 35 degrees
east of the greenwich zero meridian.

hi...am in karatina. am currently watching all nilesat channels using a 100cm offset eurostar dish with stargold lnb. what can i do to unscramble the english scrambled channels...n please join me on the whatsapp group would like to share with fellow assas colleagues. thank u

You wish to be added to whatsup group or you wish us to join a group.?

Just measure 5.5cm from the IS20 position to get to apstar. You can use the VTV tp 3423v2961 to track or TANDBERG service 3742V3000. You lift to make your dish more vertical

Sorry Bwana Samito but I thought I should correct you on some geography contained in your post above.
By pointing your dish vertically up (Nairobi) you are not at zero degrees at all.
Since the co-ordinates of Nairobi are roughly 1°17′South 36°49′East, you are already more than 36 degrees East
from the zero meridian. Only people living along the 0 degrees Greenwich line e.g. in Accra Ghana can be said to
be on the zero meridian. Secondly your intended target satellite (Paksat) is located at 38 degrees East which is almost same location as you are in and therefore directly above you. To someone in Ghana the same satellite is actually in the east and his dish will face eastwards. To someone in India, the same satellite is in the west
relative to his geographic location and his dish will face westwards.
As most of the satellites we are interested in are "parked" along the Equator only we ASAS trackers in the
tropics see them that way, otherwise guys in Europe point their dishes southwards and only track theirs facing
the equator. They swing their dishes east or west but facing in the general southern direction.

I hope I have not complicated the explanation geographically or otherwise and I welcome
members to chip in with simpler explanations. The understanding of this concept is very
important in our hobby as most members rush to point their dish in the east just because
the satellite location says 7 degrees East. In East Africa this 7 degrees satellite makes us
point our dishes westwards to track it because we are already located more than 35 degrees
east of the greenwich zero meridian.

Great and clear explanation that is very much appreciated dejumbo in true ASAS spirit! Pleased to report that I finally picked all the nailable TPs on the bird and is currently waiting to be pointed to the B**S key depository. Once more thanks ssebo.

Hello brothers (and sisters). Am selling my astrovox vsr 9000 HD at a throw away price of ksh 2k. Pm if interested. Have a blessed week.

Great and clear explanation that is very much appreciated dejumbo in true ASAS spirit! Pleased to report that I finally picked all the nailable TPs on the bird and is currently waiting to be pointed to the B**S key depository. Once more thanks ssebo.

Just Google

Apstar 7 is 1.5 cm next to Thaicom 5 /6 and 12 in from is 20,The way you skew your lnb is very important, if you pick a V tp your LNB must be skewed to V. H skew to H tp, anzia kwa hio mark ya scale rings on the lnb 36/38

Klevgit if you are referring to 38 east 1R then am pleased to report that I have just managed it courtesy of the advice offered by Ish-Nyeim-(and the rest who responded to my earlier post which seemingly resonates with a number of forumers here);many thanks for this Ish-Nyeim.

I stand to be corrected by the pros in the house, but it appears that if you are in the general hood of Nairobi, then aim your dish vertically up( my basic school geography would have described it as zero degrees i.e neither East nor west). You can then play around with the azimuth by turning the whole dish around and sure enough you will reel them in, of course after removing the teflon.

However it would appear that my target, P*V S***t, does not pop up under the same name. I saw the National and the Bolani ones but what I suspect is the target could be appearing as a feed. I know this has been extensively discussed here, but nevertheless would appreciate further directions on the input of the most current B**S keys for the target. Please refer me to the page containing the blow by blow details over the same.

ASAS lives on.

Hi Samito 1. It isn't a feed. Its always on. However, it has a weaker tp than that of the national. Maximise the national tp and rescan. you can also enter the tp manually.

Which channels in particular are you looking at here? (Please remember to encrypt their names - JF rules). That bird has quite a number of channels in English language.

Back
Top Bottom