African Satellite World and Sat Gear

some slight improvement @ 68.5e/70.5 e ** Unjiru tv,Utugi tv,Elimu tv,Barmedas tv-TZ,Tv Imaan-Islamic swahili,Hadi tv-Islamic seahili and Natura-documentarys ...a possible replacement for $$$%wild if it deserts us.Citizen tv is stable.And all the ussual goodies Ktn,Gbs,Family tv-1,K24,Ebru Africa,and Channel Ten.

Thanks managed to pull 150 channels from 68.5 and 70.5 though no citizen tv, using 90CM - Loc: Limuru.

no question that this forum is undoubtedly growing pervasive but I wonder whether we have members from Rwanda and Burundi. If any please contact me thru my whatsapp id 255 786 617 617 and email : remmy761@gmail.com. Have something to share.

What is happenning to Dubai One channel on Nilesat?
It shows very strange programmes.
Meanwhile DW TV seems to have changed frequency on SES 5/ Astra 4A.

What is happenning to Dubai One channel on Nilesat?
It shows very strange programmes.
Meanwhile DW TV seems to have changed frequency on SES 5/ Astra 4A.

UAE iko katika msiba yakuuliwa kwa askari wao 50 inchini Yemen kwa hivyo wako katika maombolezi

some slight improvement @ 68.5e/70.5 e ** Unjiru tv,Utugi tv,Elimu tv,Barmedas tv-TZ,Tv Imaan-Islamic swahili,Hadi tv-Islamic seahili and Natura-documentarys ...a possible replacement for $$$%wild if it deserts us.Citizen tv is stable.And all the ussual goodies Ktn,Gbs,Family tv-1,K24,Ebru Africa,and Channel Ten.

Tp for citizen Tv please

It has been 2 days of turning and twisting to no avail. I got my eyes on 38E 1R. Succeeded in assembling a Eurostar 1.8 PF (the many nuts and bolts that was! Anyway it was my first foray into the PF thing.) and mounting a 777 Supermax lnb. I have tried inserting the dielectric that came with the 777 in the 2 different positions inside the tube and also without it. Other gear included a Strong 4922 and Stargold digital satfinder together with a portable DVD screen.

Only managed to nail the Congo-Kinshasa mux on Rascom QAF 1R at 2.8 east just once (interesting to note that to my naked eye , the position where this was achieved seemed much further down, and thus far out to the East, compared with a nearby dish described below). Kept the azimuth steady hoping I had gotten Clarke's belt right, I have tinkered with the elevation slowly yet no other bird pops up and the finder remains silent.

Lucky I got a flat roof with no major obstructions. Infact my other set up has a 90cm pointed at Amos 5(main) with another lnb atop it receiving from SES 5 and both are fine. I have even tried to align the 1.8 PF dish with the 90cm offset on with negative results.

Question are; Do C-band dishes have their satellites reception alignment different in some way? If not, what could I be doing wrong house? Location; Kiambu county(Kenya), near Thika.

It has been 2 days of turning and twisting to no avail. I got my eyes on 38E 1R. Succeeded in assembling a Eurostar 1.8 PF (the many nuts and bolts that was! Anyway it was my first foray into the PF thing.) and mounting a 777 Supermax lnb. I have tried inserting the dielectric that came with the 777 in the 2 different positions inside the tube and also without it. Other gear included a Strong 4922 and Stargold digital satfinder together with a portable DVD screen.

Only managed to nail the Congo-Kinshasa mux on Rascom QAF 1R at 2.8 east just once (interesting to note that to my naked eye , the position where this was achieved seemed much further down, and thus far out to the East, compared with a nearby dish described below). Kept the azimuth steady hoping I had gotten Clarke's belt right, I have tinkered with the elevation slowly yet no other bird pops up and the finder remains silent.

Lucky I got a flat roof with no major obstructions. Infact my other set up has a 90cm pointed at Amos 5(main) with another lnb atop it receiving from SES 5 and both are fine. I have even tried to align the 1.8 PF dish with the 90cm offset on with negative results.

Question are; Do C-band dishes have their satellites reception alignment different in some way? If not, what could I be doing wrong house? Location; Kiambu county(Kenya), near Thika.

The best person to come to your aid is one Mtuko2. He stated undergoing through similar challenge way back in 013. I also tried over the weekend n gave up. The teflon should not be inserted, i understand.

You do not insert the teflon to receive Paksat. It's only needed for circular polarized (R & L) signals e.g. IS-906.

Yes samito. PF dishes have a different pointing to the skycompared to offset dishes. In fact, PF dishes are the ones that have a moretrue pointing to the proximate position of the satellite in the sky while theoffset dishes seem to be pointing up compared to the true position of thesatellite because their focal point is not "true".

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to renew my B*in subscription online. Long procedure but at least paid $180. Trick was to register online after which I looked for a Dubai number where they sent a confirmation text to verify my account. I then loaded my Nakumatt Global card and renewed online.

Asante sana for the info.. Will try that out then get in touch in case I experience any issues..

I am also in the same fix...trying to get IS20, some members here say they can do it in under 2 mins....members, please share tips on hunting with PF ...seems much different from offset dishes...even tried mobile apps that 'point' at the sats but no luck yet....HEELLPPP

I once got parksat with the dish flat on its support (that circular ring). I guessed 38 deg is directly above. Set your dish elevation then move it around slowly till that finder starts to cry (thats how i set mine).

I once got parksat with the dish flat on its support (that circular ring). I guessed 38 deg is directly above. Set your dish elevation then move it around slowly till that finder starts to cry (thats how i set mine).
Thanks a lot Ish-Nyeim and the rest of the house for the feedback. I will devote today to another try at it in the true spirit of ASAS, failure to which I would not mind a practical lesson( of course at my cost, but ASAS rates) from any forumer in the neighbourhood.

Meantime waiting for more tips from Mtuko2 and the rest of the other members who have cut their teeth on PF dishes.

Back
Top Bottom