African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Lemme grow fatter. An emaciated ASAS looks like a mad person.
I don't think they're available locally. asked at a prominent sat shop and they didn't have an idea what a dish motor was.

Ha ha ha....

Alright, we have no other option other than improvising or importing then.

Any one receiving the 4FN on 1W in east Africa with 1.8?
If so what so special that I have tried severally but only getting the BBC Feeds and a bunch of other channels.

Any one receiving the 4FN on 1W in east Africa with 1.8?
If so what so special that I have tried severally but only getting the BBC Feeds and a bunch of other channels.
Possible using a Eurostar ES21Gold Plus lnb.. remember to remember to feed it the biscuit.. try your titanium lnb

I'v been wondering if it's possible to hit the boys (whether nine or six) in Kenya seeing as it is that am on 7w and the parabola is almost perpendicular to the ground; then again I guess it's all down to location.
There are several apps to assist in determining the elevation and azimuth of satellites. They use your local GPS position to determine satellites receiveable in your location. From the Eastern horizon to the western horizon.

Gurus once told me while in kenya you can see as far as 30W. So 18 w should not be an issue. I once got Reuters live on 22W as a parasite of 7W.
Assuming the earth is a flat plane and overhead (your location) is the height/radii of a semicircle (satellite arc) eg Nairobi is 36deg East, all satellites receiveable in the east should be ideally 36+90=126deg but some satellites will have a very low elevation which is easily blocked by a small object , also considering topography and altitude of your location. We max out at 118deg but i only know of a record of reception of Palapa D 113E. For west side its 36-90 which is 36deg to 1deg East if there's such a satellite to 54w but most satellites on the west are beyond horizon as they are meant for Atlantic and beyond ie Americas. Here we max out at 37deg. West. Even locking on Afn 34w here in Nairobi is tough and needs a clear West. Naija brothers are advantaged to receive West/Americas satellites while Patels and Omars nab East satellites well.
Also satellite footprints determine the ability to receive a certain satellite. Providers eg Multichoice look for a satellite beaming their target market..

Assuming the earth is a flat plane and overhead (your location) is the height/radii of a semicircle (satellite arc) eg Nairobi is 36deg East, all satellites receiveable in the east should be ideally 36+90=126deg but some satellites will have a very low elevation which is easily blocked by a small object , also considering topography and altitude of your location. We max out at 118deg but i only know of a record of reception of Palapa D 113E. For west side its 36-90 which is 36deg to 1deg East if there's such a satellite to 54w but most satellites on the west are beyond horizon as they are meant for Atlantic and beyond ie Americas. Here we max out at 37deg. West. Even locking on Afn 34w here in Nairobi is tough and needs a clear West. Naija brothers are advantaged to receive West/Americas satellites while Patels and Omars nab East satellites well.
Also satellite footprints determine the ability to receive a certain satellite. Providers eg Multichoice look for a satellite beaming their target market..
Also consider distance travelled by an electromagnetic wave being inversly proportional to energy intensity at destination due to attenuation. A Satellite right overhead eg 36e is only about 36,000 km from Nairobi. While one at 72e could be as much as 56,000km from Nairobi and this affects signal reception alot.

Thankfully lower frequencies suffer less attenuation and thats why cband can still be recieved from such long distances albeit making near horizon Satellite reception harder.

There are several apps to assist in determining the elevation and azimuth of satellites. They use your local GPS position to determine satellites receiveable in your location. From the Eastern horizon to the western horizon.
Name the apps kindly sir..

....going by silence on this, i almost conclude the new v7 update has nothing much to make hunters smile.:confused:
IMG_20180724_180313.png

Also consider distance travelled by an electromagnetic wave being inversly proportional to energy intensity at destination due to attenuation. A Satellite right overhead eg 36e is only about 36,000 km from Nairobi. While one at 72e could be as much as 56,000km from Nairobi and this affects signal reception alot.

Thankfully lower frequencies suffer less attenuation and thats why cband can still be recieved from such long distances albeit making near horizon Satellite reception harder.
My fren, unless satellites beyond horizon most are not beyond 6000km from the 36000 average. Ie 42000. Only shells ie lost or decommissioned satellites are that high eg Amos 5.

My fren, unless satellites beyond horizon most are not beyond 6000km from the 36000 average. Ie 42000. Only shells ie lost or decommissioned satellites are that high eg Amos 5.
Oh! The extra few thousands still create attenuation

Back
Top Bottom