Why Kikwete should not be asked to resign....

With the electricity crisis ever worsening..... I am waiting to see how we Tanzanians will deal with this gross incompetence in high office.

Comrade Susuviri,

The current energy crisis warrants a revision of this post! The fact is whomever who becomes the 5th President: John, Edward or Anna, they are going to face what Mkapa faced- a depleted economy, Tsunamis of debts, political instability and hungry mob which is slowly getting angry!

I just can't imagine we are revisiting this scene again years later!

The problem with sudden change, which inevitably involve fewer people, is that it requires benevolent leaders, a rarity we cannot take for granted.

In an open society, we need to entrench democratic convictions in the general public before a few people can impose their version of these values on that public, for all we know, Tanzanians ( even with ample education) may reject a regime change and choose to reform the existing regime from within.

You have some sincere Tanzanians right now who are genuinely convinced that CCM is still Tanzania's best shot, despite all the corruption and nauseating debauchery. That in principle - if CCM could ever live up to it's core principles and legacy- it is the most mature and capable vessel for advancing the Tanzanian people.

And again in midst of confusion we have abandoned rational thinking and divided we are into chants of Mabadiliko, pegging all the future in the hands to these 2 egotistic candidates we have and their supporters!

And again in midst of confusion we have abandoned rational thinking and divided we are into chants of Mabadiliko, pegging all the future in the hands to these 2 egotistic candidates we have and their supporters!

Mkuu Rev Kishoka this thread is a good example of what JF was all about - balanced mature discussions about national matters. I am of the opinion that we should try to return this spirit whilst allowing separately sycophants their own separate platform.
With regard to what Kiranga had written and your comments plus my previous comment in this thread, I agree that we have to revisit our so called democracy
I think 2015 will be remembered as the year that Tanzanians woke up to the reality that we are still a very very young democracy with majority of the population mistaking democracy for football fanaticism. We behave like Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal fans - with our t-shirts, caps, slogans, war cries, body paints and most importantly outright rejection of any rational arguments. The "Mahaba" syndrome of sycophants are not different from Arsenal fans fanaticism.
Is this democracy?
In the midtime because of this what you rightly dubbed confusion, many Tanzanians will opt to remain with the Devil they know. Thus no lessons learnt after 20 years of democracy.

The "Mahaba" syndrome of sycophants are not different from Arsenal fans fanaticism.
Is this democracy?

Mkuu Susuviri,

Laiti Mahaba haya yangekuwa ni ya Itikadi na Sera na si sura za watu.

It seems we have resorted to personality contests and not substance of political thoughts, ideologies or principles. the pragmatism exhibited is towards who we see fit, an eye candy, pleasant to our desire and not realities of leadership capabilities and a functional system.

So our focus now is not on the system that has let us down, in the last 20 something years, but who wears a pleasant make up.

The overhaul of Tanzania and the dialogue that will push and drive the change needed is through thorough examination of what went wrong, re-tooling the old blue prints and make them functional efficiently and perform due diligence and spot checks to ensure strong durability of dynamics and mechanics of the new system.

We should focus in needs and not wants.

Classic example of something that shouldn't have been anywhere part of discussion or election campaign promise is availability of Clean Water. I remember in 80s during Mei Mosi, there was this guy from Idara ya Maji who got nishani for designing water distribution using mianzi to substitute plastic and metal pipes in rural areas.

If then 30 years ago we knew water was an issue and for a city such as Dar Es Salaam dependency on 2 sources that were design pre-independence was the case, what plans and actions were put in place to ensure adequate water supply and distribution to meet the growing population and industrial use instead of a new market of Simtanks on every roof in Dar?

Same thing would be said about electricity issue (around water also), since drought of 1984, we knew of the cyclical drought issues (1974, 1984) like the bible prophesy of every 10 years. We opted to take a hydro electric route, knowingly we could face challenges when there was drought. just like the Simtanks, the mushroom of portable generators became the "long term and permanent" solution not adding into equation cost of importing the generators, cost of oil consumption, cost of environment pollution in addition to the net cost of lack of production!

The flip-side of lacking visionary leadership, sound policy and efficient government has allowed new entreprenuership of Simtank distributors, Water distributors, portable generators sellers and more petrol sales, at expense of Wananchi who are now paying premium cost to have decent quality of life.

Same thought process can be used with Daladala, Vipanya, Bajaj and now Bodaboda, all is about providing meaningful and efficient public transportation when UDA failed!

So rather than asking hard questions and demand accountability to these leaders and people we have fallen in Mahaba with, even probe their previous actions by measuring results delivered versus promises and offorts, we are dwelling in parading who is fit to be Miss Kimbangulile, who can do push ups, who can speak for hours, who we say made sound decision to step down and not the actual documents that they are about to pilot us through for next 5 years.

Sadly, competent and sober heads have joined the band wagon of Mahabaism and not even Mahabaism by dissecting actions and track records, but tabloid hoopla !

Lastly, I am very delighted to know that you have been able to clearly distinguish the sycophancy and fanatism of Arsenal fans, maana sisi Chelsea ni wastaarabu:heh:

Back
Top Bottom