Why is Einstein the symbol of intelligence even though there have been smarter physicists?

Retired

JF-Expert Member
Jul 22, 2016
Huyu alijibu hivi, wewe utajibuje?

I’m not sure what physicist exactly you would consider to be “smarter” than Einstein. Possibly Maxwell or Dirac? I could imagine making a case for Maxwell or Dirac, but I’m not sure that it would be a winning case.

I don’t think you can really count Newton or Galileo or Kepler or Archimedes, since all these lived and died before there was really such a thing as a physicist. It’s probably only after Newton that the modern discipline of theoretical physics began to exist.

Einstein became a symbol of intelligence because he was highly intelligent, and he lived at a time when his fame was spread far and wide in the public eye, a time when celebrity was beginning to be pushed and cultivated by mass media as a way of making money.

It’s paradoxical that for people who were very intelligent, such as Einstein, many grew tired of the rewards of fame and some came to want less of those rewards than they got. It was as they say a double edged sword … there were benefits to fame and there were costs.

I’m pretty sure that it became a burden at times.

Huyu alijibu hivi, wewe utajibuje?

I’m not sure what physicist exactly you would consider to be “smarter” than Einstein. Possibly Maxwell or Dirac? I could imagine making a case for Maxwell or Dirac, but I’m not sure that it would be a winning case.

I don’t think you can really count Newton or Galileo or Kepler or Archimedes, since all these lived and died before there was really such a thing as a physicist. It’s probably only after Newton that the modern discipline of theoretical physics began to exist.

Einstein became a symbol of intelligence because he was highly intelligent, and he lived at a time when his fame was spread far and wide in the public eye, a time when celebrity was beginning to be pushed and cultivated by mass media as a way of making money.

It’s paradoxical that for people who were very intelligent, such as Einstein, many grew tired of the rewards of fame and some came to want less of those rewards than they got. It was as they say a double edged sword … there were benefits to fame and there were costs.

I’m pretty sure that it became a burden at times.
Newton, Galileo and Einstein have all been called "Fathers of Modern Physics."

Newton was called this because of his famous law of motion and gravitation....

Galileo for his role in the scientific revolution and his contributions on observational astronomy......

Einstein for his groundbreaking theory of relativity....

Wasalaam

Kwa Sasa+267

Mkuu wengi hawapendi mambo magumu magumu....

Umenikumbusha wakat nasoma tulipenda kutaniani...

Kila kwenye mtiani yaani kama ilivyo kwenye MPIRA
HOME & AWAY

Mimi kwenye MATHEMATICS ilikua ni mechi ya uwanja wa nyumbani......
Kwaio point 3 muhimu ilikua ni lazima nijizoleee🤓🤓

Hivi kujua physics kwa kibongo ni kujua kjibu maswali tu? tayari unakuwa mkali wa physics, Duuhh!

😊🤓

Hivi kujua physics kwa kibongo ni kujua kjibu maswali tu? tayari unakuwa mkali wa physics, Duuhh!

😊🤓
Huyo anayejua kujibu kwa usahihi, asipofanya application ya maarifa yake, ni sawa na almost kazi bure. Siwalaumu wengi Watanzania, maana mazingira ya kujiendeleza ni magumu kwa wengi (capital-wise & exposure).

Lakini ukweli ni kwamba brains za sayansi zipo Tanzania na Afrika kote. Tatizo ni kwamba wengi hawajiendelezi. Look at SA, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Egypt, etc.

Science MUST be accompanied by continuous, life-long scientific practicals, researches and real life experiences of the same.

Huyo anayejua kujibu kwa usahihi, asipofanya application ya maarifa yake, ni sawa na almost kazi bure. Siwalaumu wengi Watanzania, maana mazingira ya kujiendeleza ni magumu kwa wengi (capital-wise & exposure).

Lakini ukweli ni kwamba brains za sayansi zipo Tanzania na Afrika kote. Tatizo ni kwamba wengi hawajiendelezi. Look at SA, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Egypt.

Science MUST be accompanied by continuous, life-long scientific practicals and real life experiences of the same.
Very very true

Back
Top Bottom