What's wrong with this picture?

Chamoto

JF-Expert Member
Dec 7, 2007
1344053686_120718_0294.jpg

Tanzania Tourist Board (TTB) promotion campaign via sports option in the United States of America

There is an old joke in advertising which says, "Half of my advertising money is wasted, I just don’t know which half".

A good marketer puts his money where his mouth is by targeting and retesting his ads to a nickle. Unfortunately this doesn't seems to be the case for Tanzania Tourist Board (marketing department).

You can keep launching these multi million dollar ad campaigns, telling people to visit http://tanzania.go.tz till the cows come home, but if the URL is not accessible, all the money you spent is wasted! All you need is to add few lines of code in .htaccsess file to redirect all calls from http://tanzania.go.tz to http://www.tanzania.go.tz. One minute of work is costing millions of taxpayers money.

Secondly, even if a prospect happens to land on http://www.tanzania.go.tz that page has nothing to do with Mt. kilimanjaro or seven world heritage, as advertised in the ad. It's a frigging Govenment site! Who gives a rat about Government sites, speeces, kilimo kwanza? These are the links on the page. So click click, a potential tourist is gone and again taxpayers money is wasted.

Whoever is responsible for doing these campaigns, has to go back to the drawing boad and re-engineer everything from scratch. If I was the guy, this is what I'd do:

1. I'd replace Govenment site URL in the Ad with the URL that plays a short video explaining all the good things our country has to offer; Ngororo ngoro crater, Beaches, Mt kilimanjaro, Safari, resorts, Serengeti, Mikumi etc. You know what! People are lazy, all they want is to sit and watch videos, so give 'em what they want.

2. As soon as the video is finished playing, I'd ask for their contacts (Name, email, address and phone numbers) to follow up with them through email, cold calling and snail-mail offers. All this is to have control of my marketing dollars and build relationships with potential torists, hoping to milk them real money in the future.

Hope wahusika got the message.

Inatia hasira sana. we are not serious kabisa wala uchungu na fedha za umma.
Hivi hakuna kiongozi wa TTB ambaye ameliona hilo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Au ndo uvivu wetu unaendelea kuteketeza forex zetu tu.

the worst thing in Tanzania concerning these public institutions, the money is allocated from top where at the end of a day (till the cows come home) they have to show how it was spent. That is where all these nonsenses emerge since almost all institutions of this kind never cared about quality but much emphasis is on quantity and never think on value for money!

It is unfortunate that this negligence may exist for another 50 years period as many common citizens we are still in slumber!

Kama kurugenzi ya mawasiliano kiongozi wake Rweyemamu ambaye amewekwa kupiga debe unategemea nini? Tanzania tutalia sana, viongozi wa kuwekwa kwa kujuana hawatatuletea maendeleo yeyote

Mh. Kagasheki please act on this. ulituahidi kabla hujanyongwa utawanyonga watakaokusababishia kunyongwa.hebu tusaidie kuwawajibisha wahusika....hiki ni kielelezo cha aina ya watumishi tulionao.....disaster of its kind

...one of them things that you read only half a paragraph and decide to quit in fear of smoking out your head from pain and anger combo!!

TTB ilikuwa ya Credo Sinyagwe tu,hawa waliobaki sasa hivi wamekalia kurogana na kutongozana hilo wataliona saa ngapi???

Hili ndio tatizo la kumpa mpaka viatu rangi, kazi ya kupanga rangi ya nyumba!!

Achilia hio, hata website zingine za serikali haziwi updated, kwa hio hata sishangai kilichotokea haya ni mambo ya outsourcing na mambo ya watalaam elekekezi wa mfukoni na hakuna watchdog anayefuatilia is this nonsense is working. Watu wa serikali nadhani wana allege na ICT, hata e-mail huwa hawajibu, na wanazianzisha kama show off ili waonekane, kuna jamaa alishaweka hapa JF website ya mkoa wa Tabora, lakini cha kushangaza inaonyesha mlima kilimanjaro, na habari za chai na kahawa, vitu ambavyo havipo Tabora na havifikiriwi kuwepo