"We" are pregnant? Ha. Please!

Those of u who are supporting the "we are pregnant" thing - I think you dont see the point being made by the thread-starter.This sounds awkward given the fact that the definition of "Pregnancy" as it is still, doesnt give men that "possibility" to be pregnant!, men getting more and more involved in the process of bringing a child into the world nothwithstanding.Besides, its a cultural thing. You as a Tanzanian/African man, is yet to adapt and adopt wholly the "western/European " stuff..... nendeni polepole...labda YOU WILL BE PREGNANT mkiwa huko huko Ulaya lakini mkirudi Bongo, its mama who is pregnant na kwa pamoja mnategemea mtoto!

Thank you...

Sioni tatizo liko wapi. I must admit I couldn't help but uncomprehendingly frown the first time a heard a couple say that, but I'm still not really getting your position though, EMT. People are not so foolish as to believe that him saying "we are..." instead of "my wife is..." will somehow alter the reality of men not being able to get pregnant. Any effort a man can put in trying to steal the spotlight of his pregnant wife will therefore always be vain. In the end, my frown just faded as I came to the conclusion that the man was merely showing some support toward his wife. The wording is still quite strange, I agree, but words only carry the meaning the speaker intends to give them, don't they?

Thanx. You pretty much just echoed what I had already said.

And that is exactly what I said. Or you took it the wrong way?

It's often hard to distinguish the right from the wrong interpretation of things said on the internet. But then again, if that's what you said, it's all fine.

Sioni tatizo liko wapi. I must admit I couldn't help but uncomprehendingly frown the first time a heard a couple say that, but I'm still not really getting your position though, EMT. People are not so foolish as to believe that him saying "we are..." instead of "my wife is..." will somehow alter the reality of men not being able to get pregnant. Any effort a man can put in trying to steal the spotlight of his pregnant wife will therefore always be vain. In the end, my frown just faded as I came to the conclusion that the man was merely showing some support toward his wife. The wording is still quite strange, I agree, but words only carry the meaning the speaker intends to give them, don't they?

Makedha,

Hear, hear! I can't stand it when couple (usually the man speaking) say, "We're pregnant!" You, plural, are not pregnant. Only the woman is pregnant. You are both expecting a child, however. Pregnant is a physical state of being. I know that people think it's cute to say, "We're pregnant!" Or maybe it's warm-and-fuzzy and politically correct, but it doesn't make the man pregnant, too.

most of the time nasikia 'My wife/gf is pregnant. We are expecting'. Hiyo 'We are pregnant' siyo mbaya ikiwa mwanaume yupo comfy kusema hivyo..

[EMT;Does it drive anyone else absolutely crazy when couples (especially the expectant father) refer to being pregnant as "we're pregnant." Yaani ni sawa na mume anasema “tuna ujauzito”. It's like they are trying to take credit for all the work that being pregnant can be. So, whenever I hear a man say "we're pregnant," I want to rage. No matter how supportive and doting the expectant father may be to his round wife, and no matter how much it feels like his whole world is upside down... he really has absolutely no idea.

To me it sounds ok because is one way of expressing your togetherness, supportiveness, and the happiness of the couple. It is gauche to the other people because of our culture whereby a woman is claimed to be a responsible person for pregnancy. Otherwise, is a personal discernment

Just call a spade a spade, I've never in my life heard a man claiming to be pregnant. So funny!! Ha ha ha. So

Jamani imagine mimi na wewe ni mwili mmoja, so si utasema 'we are pregnant'...just thinking loud:)) ha ha

In reality, sijawahi kumsikia mwanaume akisema hivyo!!

heheh Mimi nadhani mleta mada aliwasikia wale wanaongea kiingereza cha kutafsiri kwa kiswahili wale akina job true true, job hundred, vegetable vijimeza, etc.

heheh Mimi nadhani mleta mada aliwasikia wale wanaongea kiingereza cha kutafsiri kwa kiswahili wale akina job true true, job hundred, vegetable vijimeza, etc.

Hehehee. Imagime umekutana na Rejao na Cantalisia, the latter tumbo kubwa halafu na former anakuambia "we are pregnant"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehehee. Imagime umekutana na Rejao na Cantalisia, the latter tumbo kubwa halafu na former anakuambia "we are pregnant"
Hahahah hahha hhaahaha!
EMT,naona umetutumia km exampe but "we are pregnant" haisound vizuri kbs na sijawahi sikia ila "we are expecting" imekaa vizuri na ndivo Rejao wangu anavowaambiaga watu tukikutana nao! hahaha hahahha

Last edited by a moderator:
u got this from a certain movie goes by the name of death at the funeral... lakin pia the guy who said so alkua hayuko sawa kiakili.

My friend once ordered lemon and other odd spices to be added in his tea @restaurant only to excuse himself that his wife is pregnant and so they both develop that weird eating habit that normally happens to preg woman b'se of hormonal changes.
Surprisingly the man eat unripe mangoes, preg sand etc. So in the spirit of 'planet fatherhood' its acceptable to say we are pregnant.