"We" are pregnant? Ha. Please!

Hiyo wanaweza kusema kwa kidhungu but in kiswa you can't say that "tuna mimba" mmmhhhh hiyo ngumu bana

Dena Amsi,

Hiyo ni kweli kabisa. Ukitafsiri kwa Kiswahili haiji. Na hivi ndivyo ilivyo kwa maneno na misemo mingi tu. Jaribu hata kusema "I miss you" kwa Kiswahili uone ambavyo haitanoga.

Ndiyo uzuri na utata wa lugha huo.

Dena Amsi,

Hiyo ni kweli kabisa. Ukitafsiri kwa Kiswahili haiji. Na hivi ndivyo ilivyo kwa maneno na misemo mingi tu. Jaribu hata kusema “I miss you” kwa Kiswahili uone ambavyo haitanoga.

Ndiyo uzuri na utata wa lugha huo.

Kabisa yaani mambo ya lugha bana au jaribu kusema "I love you Baby" wakati ni mumeo/mkeo haiji kabisa

NN i get that and it is really good that you do have such a positive perspective..
a few guys have that because a variety of things (i radher not say... but i kno you get)
Yes it is true that thrashing the out look on the guy who says that may seem like
male chauvinism but the truth remains kua a lot of guys would look at you weirdly...
But in cases of some friends (depending na the friends you have ..) you could
comfortably admit that and it would seem ok - plus in fact i guarantee you would
say it in a utani way....

That's why I said those who have an issue with it labor under a misconception.

Asha D mi naona hata akiwa mbali still wako pregnant,
sababu hakuna kilichobadili kwamba yule mwanaume ndio alliyetoa mbegu zake iwe
anaishi nae au yuko mbali au waonaje

Nakubali... ina maana a guy hata akikutana na watu wengine huko mtaani aseme we are pregnant?

EMT that is so complicated to say if it is black or white,
If the lady in question yuko hapo nafikiri ni poa tu (depending on how the guy say it of coz),
but kama hayupo... i don't believe iko poa - i would have to look at you twice!

In English inaonekana cool. Tutafsiri kwa Kiswahili. How will that sound? "Tuna ujauzito", "Tuna mimba", "Tunatarajia kujifungua mwezi ujao" nk

I agree with NN, sometimes it is just used to show support to the mother of the child. Being there for her in every single step shows how much you care and the way you are involved in every way.

So "We're pregnant" is more supportive than "We're expecting a baby"?

In English inaonekana cool. Tutafsiri kwa Kiswahili. How will that sound? "Tuna ujauzito", "Tuna mimba", "Tunatarajia kujifungua mwezi ujao" nk

EMT Kwa kiswahili huo ni uzi mwingine kabisa na NO NO NO.... It does not sound right...

• Thanks
Reactions: EMT
EMT I don't think you will have to defend that by using the meaning in dictionary...
there is what the call a connotative meaning and Denotative meaning and in history
hakuna wakati language inatoholewa meaning like at the present! I think it is more how
you as a guy says it and where you say it... i do get where it is coming from but do
get the way NN and TF have explained sort of got it...

And i do believe a really few men would have the guts to say that
We are pregnent rather than expecting...

Very very few men in deed would say "We're pregnant". Particularly, in our culture. But there are men out there who do not have a clue what it is like to carry a baby around for 9 months. Now, they would try to steal the lime light from a pregnant woman. Let her have her time to shine.

dahhhh EMT
hujawahi sikia mwanamke ni
mjamzito anayetapika na kuvimba miguu
ni mwanaume??mmhh

• Thanks
Very very few men in deed would say "We're pregnant". Particularly, in our culture. But there are men out there who do not have a clue what it is like to carry a baby around for 9 months. Now, they would try to steal the lime light from a pregnant woman. Let her have her time to shine.

Hahahhah EMT...so your problem is the man stealing the lady‘s spot light ehhh!?Now i get ya....!

• Thanks
I can see how some men will have a problem with saying "we are pregnant".

I think it's just male chauvinism. Some men labor under the misconception that saying "we are pregnant" somehow emasculates them.

It's not like that at all. It's all about family togetherness in my view.

NN,

If your wife is pregnant, and she wants to use the expression “we’re pregnant,” I would say just smile and say, “yeah baby, we sure are!” If she wants to tell her friends that you are sharing in her morning sickness, or your back hurts from carrying around the load, and that your kidneys are tired of being kicked by the little guy in side there, then you just agree. You can be the hero here.

But if you are hanging with a bunch of your guy buddies, you may want to reconsider using the term “we’re pregnant.”Trust me. Men see through that and they know that what you’re really trying to say is that it’s going to be a long time before you get any. The proper expression in this case is, “she’s pregnant; let’s have another six pack.”

NN,

If your wife is pregnant, and she wants to use the expression "we're pregnant," I would say just smile and say, "yeah baby, we sure are!" If she wants to tell her friends that you are sharing in her morning sickness, or your back hurts from carrying around the load, and that your kidneys are tired of being kicked by the little guy in side there, then you just agree. You can be the hero here.

But if you are hanging with a bunch of your guy buddies, you may want to reconsider using the term "we're pregnant."Trust me. Men see through that and they know that what you're really trying to say is that it's going to be a long time before you get any. The proper expression in this case is, "she's pregnant; let's have another six pack."

Either way it doesn't bother me because, first, I'm comfortable in my own skin, and second, I'm not overly sensitive as to what the guys will think of me. I know who and what I am and itty bitty distinctions without differences don't bother me much.

Either way it doesn't bother me because, first, I'm comfortable in my own skin, and second, I'm not overly sensitive as to what the guys will think of me. I know who and what I am and itty bitty distinctions without differences don't bother me much.

Clearly if you've impregnated somebody, you both probably understand that the one with the penis won't become pregnant. You can't have a false pregnancy, or a symbiotic pregnancy, or a pregnancy-like experience if you have a penis. That is a naked fact whether you're sensitive or not. You need a uterus, vagina, and some other important parts to be pregnant. So to recap, if you have a penis, you can't be part of "we're pregnant."

So "We're pregnant" is more supportive than "We're expecting a baby"?

So It's just a matter of semantics. Otherwise I don't see what the big deal is.

NN,

If your wife is pregnant, and she wants to use the expression “we’re pregnant,” I would say just smile and say, “yeah baby, we sure are!” If she wants to tell her friends that you are sharing in her morning sickness, or your back hurts from carrying around the load, and that your kidneys are tired of being kicked by the little guy in side there, then you just agree. You can be the hero here.

But if you are hanging with a bunch of your guy buddies, you may want to reconsider using the term “we’re pregnant.”Trust me. Men see through that and they know that what you’re really trying to say is that it’s going to be a long time before you get any. The proper expression in this case is, “she’s pregnant; let’s have another six pack.”

So "Either way it doesn't bother me because, first, I'm comfortable in my own skin, and second, I'm not overly sensitive as to what the guys will think of me. I know who and what I am and itty bitty distinctions without differences don't bother me much.

So Clearly if you’ve impregnated somebody, you both probably understand that the one with the penis won’t become pregnant. You can’t have a false pregnancy, or a symbiotic pregnancy, or a pregnancy-like experience if you have a penis. That is a naked fact whether you're sensitive or not. You need a uterus, vagina, and some other important parts to be pregnant. So to recap, if you have a penis, you can’t be part of “we’re pregnant.”

I love watching men at work!!!:ranger:

• Thanks

mmmh... EMT, Like the sound of the above... wish nione first hand wako utam treat vipi??

• Thanks