Top (10) Alcohol Consuming Countries in Africa

Mr What

JF-Expert Member
Oct 22, 2016
817
1,000



This article is about the Top ten alcohol consuming countries in Africa. Drinking alcohol is part of the larger African culture, and we are known to appreciate good food when it is served with some alcoholic beverages.
People drink at weddings, traditional ceremonies, funerals, graduation parties, and other social gatherings as a form of having fun; however, being the biggest alcohol consumer in Africa is dangerous. The consumption of excessive alcohol is unhealthy and irresponsible, not only to the individuals that are drinking but also to society as a whole.




Even though our governments are considering raising the drinking age to 21, it will be a long process that might not even succeed. Being legal to purchase and consume alcohol does not serve as an encouragement to drink excessively - People need to keep their bottles less and drink like responsible and matured individuals.
Below are the Top Ten (10) countries in Africa with a high number of alcohol consumption.


Number 10: Botswana

According to the World Health Organization, (WHO), Botswana is the 10th alcohol consuming country in Africa. This may be due to the high consumption of Botswana’s national beer, St Louis. The majority of the alcohol consumed in Botswana is beer, their national beer is highly consumed because it is incredibly cheap.



Number 9: Gaboni
The cheapest and most popular beer in Gabon is Regan, which cost about a dollar per bottle. Gabon Is seen as a dream nation for all alcohol lovers, because it has the cheapest priced alcoholic beverages in Africa and only second to the Russian Federation in the world.



Number 8: South Africa
The alcohol breakdown for South Africa is, 48% from beer, 18% from Wine, 17% from spirits, 17% from others. While South Africa is the wine capital of the continent and is one of the biggest wine producers in the world - the majority of its alcohol consumption comes from beer. Beyond the popularity of beer brands like castle and black label, South Africa is evenly distributed in the other types of alcohol people consume.



Number 7: Burundi
Narrowly beating out South Africa, drinkers in Burundi overwhelmingly prefer ‘other’ drinks, which make up 81% of the consumption. Beer, by comparison, makes up 19% of alcohol consumption and wine and spirits are barely consumed. The most famous drink in the Burundi, urwarwa or banana wine - produced in the traditional method and consumed most often during festivals and special occasions. Alcohol drinking in Burundi is almost like a tradition.



Number 6: Namibia
Namibia has a wide breakdown of favourites drinks, but beer carries the most weight to its 67% of alcohol consumption. Spirit make up 20%, Wine make up 7% and the rest is 6%. The country’s national beer is, ‘Windhoek’ which is internationally popular.




Number 5: Rwanda
8% of alcohol consumption comes from beer, Amstel brand is widely available. The other 92% is largely from home-made drinks such as the banana beer. Rwanda is one of the African countries which are making Africa proud with the quality of African drinks they produce.




Number 4: Kenya
The 43% of Kenya’s alcohol consumption is from beer, and some of the most popular beer brands in Kenya are, Tusker Lager.



Number 3: Uganda
The 4% of alcohol consumption comes from beer, 2% comes from wine, with the ‘other’ category winning with 94%. Their domestically favourite beverage is their famous Ugandan Waragi which contains around 42% of alcohol, making it one of the most alcoholic spirits in the world.



Number 2: Cameroon
Alcohol consumption in Cameroon is alarming, with kadji beer being their favourite and most consumed beer.



Number 1: Nigeria
Nigeria is number 1 in Africa for alcohol consumption. Beer makes up just 16% of the alcohol consumption and the other 84% is ‘other’ drinks. In relation to traditional drinks, they enjoy palm Wine and ‘ogogoro’ which is produced from the juice of palm trees.


From Opera News Hub

The views expressed in this article are the writer's, they do not reflect the views of Opera News. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to feedback-newshub-za@operanewshub.com
 

pmwasyoke

JF-Expert Member
May 27, 2010
3,967
2,000
Ingeleta mantiki zaidi kuoanisha uwingi wa pombe na uwingi wa watu kwa kila nchi - Kwa mfano kiasi cha wastani cha pombe kinachonywewa kwa kila watu 1,000,000.
 

sengobad

JF-Expert Member
Aug 13, 2017
3,607
2,000
Usikute tatizo hatutoi takwimu ni kama ishu za covido ?
Halafu tatizo lingine sisi kuna jamii kubwa inakunywa gongo, mbege na vilevi asili mbali mbali ambazo usikute hazihesabiwi kwenye hizo lita za wazungu. Kweli Rwanda na Burundi wanaweza kutupita kwa kupiga vilevi?
inawezekana ndio maana sis tuko uchumi wa kati na wao bado wako kwenye ulevi.
 

Ng'wanamalundi

JF-Expert Member
Feb 4, 2008
602
1,000



This article is about the Top ten alcohol consuming countries in Africa. Drinking alcohol is part of the larger African culture, and we are known to appreciate good food when it is served with some alcoholic beverages.
People drink at weddings, traditional ceremonies, funerals, graduation parties, and other social gatherings as a form of having fun; however, being the biggest alcohol consumer in Africa is dangerous. The consumption of excessive alcohol is unhealthy and irresponsible, not only to the individuals that are drinking but also to society as a whole.




Even though our governments are considering raising the drinking age to 21, it will be a long process that might not even succeed. Being legal to purchase and consume alcohol does not serve as an encouragement to drink excessively - People need to keep their bottles less and drink like responsible and matured individuals.
Below are the Top Ten (10) countries in Africa with a high number of alcohol consumption.


Number 10: Botswana

According to the World Health Organization, (WHO), Botswana is the 10th alcohol consuming country in Africa. This may be due to the high consumption of Botswana’s national beer, St Louis. The majority of the alcohol consumed in Botswana is beer, their national beer is highly consumed because it is incredibly cheap.



Number 9: Gaboni
The cheapest and most popular beer in Gabon is Regan, which cost about a dollar per bottle. Gabon Is seen as a dream nation for all alcohol lovers, because it has the cheapest priced alcoholic beverages in Africa and only second to the Russian Federation in the world.



Number 8: South Africa
The alcohol breakdown for South Africa is, 48% from beer, 18% from Wine, 17% from spirits, 17% from others. While South Africa is the wine capital of the continent and is one of the biggest wine producers in the world - the majority of its alcohol consumption comes from beer. Beyond the popularity of beer brands like castle and black label, South Africa is evenly distributed in the other types of alcohol people consume.



Number 7: Burundi
Narrowly beating out South Africa, drinkers in Burundi overwhelmingly prefer ‘other’ drinks, which make up 81% of the consumption. Beer, by comparison, makes up 19% of alcohol consumption and wine and spirits are barely consumed. The most famous drink in the Burundi, urwarwa or banana wine - produced in the traditional method and consumed most often during festivals and special occasions. Alcohol drinking in Burundi is almost like a tradition.



Number 6: Namibia
Namibia has a wide breakdown of favourites drinks, but beer carries the most weight to its 67% of alcohol consumption. Spirit make up 20%, Wine make up 7% and the rest is 6%. The country’s national beer is, ‘Windhoek’ which is internationally popular.




Number 5: Rwanda
8% of alcohol consumption comes from beer, Amstel brand is widely available. The other 92% is largely from home-made drinks such as the banana beer. Rwanda is one of the African countries which are making Africa proud with the quality of African drinks they produce.




Number 4: Kenya
The 43% of Kenya’s alcohol consumption is from beer, and some of the most popular beer brands in Kenya are, Tusker Lager.



Number 3: Uganda
The 4% of alcohol consumption comes from beer, 2% comes from wine, with the ‘other’ category winning with 94%. Their domestically favourite beverage is their famous Ugandan Waragi which contains around 42% of alcohol, making it one of the most alcoholic spirits in the world.



Number 2: Cameroon
Alcohol consumption in Cameroon is alarming, with kadji beer being their favourite and most consumed beer.



Number 1: Nigeria
Nigeria is number 1 in Africa for alcohol consumption. Beer makes up just 16% of the alcohol consumption and the other 84% is ‘other’ drinks. In relation to traditional drinks, they enjoy palm Wine and ‘ogogoro’ which is produced from the juice of palm trees.


From Opera News Hub

The views expressed in this article are the writer's, they do not reflect the views of Opera News. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to feedback-newshub-za@operanewshub.com
Mbona sizielewi hizi takwimu? Unasema Botswana wanakunywa lita 8.46 kwa mwaka! Hizi takwimu ziko kwenye mamilioni au vipi? Yaani nchi nzima wanywe lita 8 tu kwa mwaka? Zaidi ya hayo, ukweli halisi ungeonekana kama ungetaja na idadi ya watu nchini. Kwa mfano Botswana ina watu milioni mbili unusu tu na wanakunywa hizo lita 8.46, ukilinganisha na watu milioni sitini wa Afrika Kusini wanaokunywa lita 11.46 kwa mwaka. Takwimu zako hazielezei ukweli halisi kwa kuwa zinataja idadi tu ya lita zinazonywewa. Botswana
 

Toa taarifa ya maudhui yasiyofaa!

Kuna taarifa umeiona humu JamiiForums na haifai kubaki mtandaoni?
Fanya hivi...

Umesahau Password au akaunti yako?

Unapata ugumu kuikumbuka akaunti yako? Unakwama kuanzisha akaunti?
Contact us

Top Bottom