Things Samia Suluhu should avoid to do in Kenya

Geza Ulole

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2009

I should be frank to Madam President on her rushed visit to Kenya to do agreements with unpredicted regime that is full of surprises and about to wind up as early as February 2022.

Though I understand through our constitution every President is allowed to have different approach on regional issues and international policies, I still want my president to avoid the following:
  • Allowing tour vans from Kenya to access our national parks that have clear environmental management plans unlike Kenya's Game Reserve as Kenya tourism stakeholders have always had a chance to partner with tourism stakeholders in Tanzania and create more jobs. That win-win arrangement should remain untouched;
  • Permitting any sort of cross-border grazing thats to disregard our borders and undermine overall country's, Madam President should not dare to allow any idea of normads of Kenya bringing their herds to our territory on the mere fact of being Masais! As a matter of fact when such an issue arise, she should just ask GoK where did Masailand in Kenya go? A grazing corridor that stretched all the way to Nairobi and Rift Valley;
  • Giving more landing permits to Kenya airways or Jambo jet to land at more airports across Tanzania (inside and outside the parks) as matter of fact, I expect her hastened tour of Kenya to be a chance for her to ask for equal frequencies to be accorded to Tanzanian airlines across Kenyan airports be JKIA, Moi airport and Kisumu from Tanzanian airports of JKIA, KIA, AAKIA, Dodoma, Songwe n Mwanza!
  • Bowing to any trade agreement outside existing East Africa common market framework that protectionist Kenya deliberately sabotaged;
  • Giving in to any sort of arrangement to port (sea and inland) charges/tarrifs be it harmonization or allowing Lamu port to be a transhipment hub for cargo destined to Tanzania as that will jeopardise advantages our ports and SGR have to the regional trade as far as our geographical strategic position Tanzania have or poised to have with current modernization and SGR construction not forgetting n increment of insurance premiums as Lamu port is a high risk zone;
  • Agreeing to anything about Kenya-EU EPA negotiations. EPA or any international trade agreements were supposed to be discussed as a block i.e. within EAC protocols but unfortunately greedy Kenya went alone and for that matter Kenya should accomplish them alone. Moreover, I don't expect her to give in to either Kenya-US or Kenya-China or Kenya-UK agreements as doing so will be a lethal balkanizing of regional block, tantamount weakening the agreed existing EA common market structures in place;
  • Supporting Kenya in any way on her territorial sea dispute with Somalia currently at ICJ;
Common markets are meant to allow fair competition among member states in the region. Any agreements outside common markets are usually intended to undermine that and I would not agree to that. Samia Suluhu should ask why is Tanzania forced to sell maize and not flour in Kenya! BTW I will be shocked if she will be going without any MOU of Dar-Mombasa natural gas pipeline as her meaningless to Tanzania's interests.

To be fair enough I am not pleased with her hasted tour of Kenya! I would have expected her to be conducting meeting with our business communities especially our tourism, horticulture and farmers stakeholders. But instead, she chooses to go and listen to grievances from business community in a neighboring country, did she even have time to have prio consultation with our economists? To me this visit it is a wasted golden opportunity for her to listen to our business community first before an encounter with a neighbor's, I wonder whose interests is she representing in Nairobi?

==========================================================================================================
UPDATE:
==========================================================================================================

MY TAKE

Pleased to see her pushing for Dar-Mombasa pipeline aside energy sharing with Kenya as i am 100% sure our affordable gas and power fromJNHPP will get the market and benefit Tanzania greatly!

Madam Suluhu has done almost everything i begged her to be cautious and therefore i rest my case and i pray to Allah to continue bless her with wisdom to lead the nation.

It is the Office of the President that works and not an individual as such. This time we can believe the Office of the President to be more efficient compared to the previous regime where one man's show replaced the Office.

Mama Samia being humble and open to negotiations and professional advice I am much optimistic everything will be all right. It's time to open up our country for talks and negotiations once again after 5 years of so much destruction and retreat.

It is the Office of the President that works and not an individual as such. This time we can believe the Office of the President to be more efficient compared to the previous regime where one man's show replaced the Office. Mama Samia being humble and open to negotiations and professional advice I am much optimistic everything will be all right. It's time to open up our country for talks and negotiations once again after 5 years of so much destruction and retreat.
👆 👆 subiria speech, and what happens next, but maziwa brookside hatuyatiki tena.

It is the Office of the President that works and not an individual as such. This time we can believe the Office of the President to be more efficient compared to the previous regime where one man's show replaced the Office. Mama Samia being humble and open to negotiations and professional advice I am much optimistic everything will be all right. It's time to open up our country for talks and negotiations once again after 5 years of so much destruction and retreat.
She is the office of the President in such and as i have written, i expect her to press for Tanzania's cause and not be the first to listen from outside! Unfortunately she has met neither Tanzanian business community nor tourism stakeholders! IMHO that's a wrong step!

A lot of talks and so many travels with no concrete actions. The money would have been better used to supply books and study materials to our numerous wailing schools. She is busy and eager to make her own name at the expense of our people? Shame!

You are putting here something you have never witnessed and you are doing it because you expect. Give Mama a chance to practice her presidency.

I should be frank to Madam President on her hushed visit to Kenya to do agreements with a unpredicted regime with full of surprises that is about to wind up it's stay in power by early February 2022.

Though I understand through constitutional rights everything President has different approach on regional issues and international policies, I still want my president to avoid the following:
  • Allowing tour vans from Kenya accessing our national parks that have clear management plans unlike Kenya's, Kenya tourism stakeholders have always a chance to partner with tourism stakeholders in Tanzania and create more jobs;
  • Giving more landing permits to Kenya airways or Jambo jet to land to more airports across airports in Tanzania (inside and outside the parks)as matter of fact, I expect her hushed tour of Kenya to be a chance for her to ask for equal frequency to Tanzanian airlines to Kenyan airports be JKIA, Moi airport and Kisumu airport from Tanzanian airports of JKIA, KIA, AAKIA, Dodoma, Songwe n Mwanza!
  • Bowing to any trade agreements outside existing East Africa common markets framework that protectionist Kenya deliberately subotaged;
  • Giving in to any sort of arrangement to port (sea and inland) charges/tarrifs be it harmonization or allowing Lamu port to be transhipment hub for cargo destined to Tanzania that will jeopardise advantages our ports and SGR have to the regional trade as far as our geographical strategic position Tanzania have or poised to have with current modernization and SGR construction not forgetting raise insurance premiums as Lamu port is a risky zone;
  • Agreeing anything about Kenya-EU EPA negotiations. EPA was supposed to be discussed as a block that's within EAC protocols but unfortunately greedy Kenya went alone and should accomplish alone. Moreover, I don't expect her to give in to either Kenya-US or Kenya-China or Kenya-UK agreements as doing so will be a lethal balkanizing of regional block, tantamount weakening the agreed existing EA common market structures in place;
  • Supporting Kenya in any way on her territorial sea dispute with Somalia currently at ICJ;
Common markets are meant to allow fair competition among member states in the region. Any agreements outside common markets are usually intended to undermine that and I would not agree to that. Samia Suluhu should ask why is Tanzania forced to sell maize and not flour in Kenya! BTW I will be shocked if she will be going without any MOU of Tanga-Mombasa natural gas pipeline as her meaningless to Tanzania's interests.

To be fair enough I am not pleased with her hasted tour of Kenya! I would have expected her to be conducting meeting with our business communities especially our tourism, horticulture and farmers stakeholders. Instead she chooses to go and listen to grievances of a neighboring country's business community, did she have time to consult our economists? To me it is a wasted opportunity to listen to our business community first I wonder whose interests is she representing in Nairobi?

Few Tanzanians can analysis like this. Well written. Win Wini situation.

It is the Office of the President that works and not an individual as such. This time we can believe the Office of the President to be more efficient compared to the previous regime where one man's show replaced the Office.

Mama Samia being humble and open to negotiations and professional advice I am much optimistic everything will be all right. It's time to open up our country for talks and negotiations once again after 5 years of so much destruction and retreat.
Let's hope and pray

I concur

Stupid

Why did Uhuru Kenyata didnt show up at the airport to welcome president samia

Upumzike kwa amani 'Chuma'! we had worries as you paid a visit to any state.

Well kwani anaenda kuishi Kenya permanent! I tried to imply on her short encounter (static)!
I think the best way, grammatically should be ; "things Samia Suluhu should avoid to do while in Kenya".

By the way concerning the "contents" of your thread, I agree with you 100%.
You've elaborated your points very clearly.

I should be frank to Madam President on her rushed visit to Kenya to do agreements with unpredicted regime that is full of surprises and about to wind up as early as February 2022.

Though I understand through our constitution every President is allowed to have different approach on regional issues and international policies, I still want my president to avoid the following:
  • Allowing tour vans from Kenya to access our national parks that have clear environmental management plans unlike Kenya's Game Reserve as Kenya tourism stakeholders have always had a chance to partner with tourism stakeholders in Tanzania and create more jobs. That win-win arrangement should remain untouched;
  • Giving more landing permits to Kenya airways or Jambo jet to land at more airports across Tanzania (inside and outside the parks) as matter of fact, I expect her hastened tour of Kenya to be a chance for her to ask for equal frequencies to be accorded to Tanzanian airlines across Kenyan airports be JKIA, Moi airport and Kisumu from Tanzanian airports of JKIA, KIA, AAKIA, Dodoma, Songwe n Mwanza!
  • Bowing to any trade agreements outside existing East Africa common markets framework that protectionist Kenya deliberately subotaged;
  • Giving in to any sort of arrangement to port (sea and inland) charges/tarrifs be it harmonization or allowing Lamu port to be a transhipment hub for cargo destined to Tanzania as that will jeopardise advantages our ports and SGR have to the regional trade as far as our geographical strategic position Tanzania have or poised to have with current modernization and SGR construction not forgetting raise insurance premiums as Lamu port is a risky zone;
  • Agreeing anything about Kenya-EU EPA negotiations. EPA or any international trade agreements were supposed to be discussed as a block i.e. within EAC protocols but unfortunately greedy Kenya went alone and for that matter Kenya should accomplish them alone. Moreover, I don't expect her to give in to either Kenya-US or Kenya-China or Kenya-UK agreements as doing so will be a lethal balkanizing of regional block, tantamount weakening the agreed existing EA common market structures in place;
Common markets are meant to allow fair competition among member states in the region. Any agreements outside common markets are usually intended to undermine that and I would not agree to that. Samia Suluhu should ask why is Tanzania forced to sell maize and not flour in Kenya! BTW I will be shocked if she will be going without any MOU of Tanga-Mombasa natural gas pipeline as her meaningless to Tanzania's interests.

To be fair enough I am not pleased with her hasted tour of Kenya! I would have expected her to be conducting meeting with our business communities especially our tourism, horticulture and farmers stakeholders. But instead, she chooses to go and listen to grievances from business community in a neighboring country, did she even have time to have prio consultation with our economists? To me this visit it is a wasted golden opportunity for her to listen to our business community first before encounter the neighbor's, I wonder whose interests is she representing in Nairobi?

You assume that our President is ignorant and does not know!

Back
Top Bottom