The Emperor Has no Clothes?

MwanaFalsafa1

JF-Expert Member
Feb 26, 2008
With each passing day comes the inevitable cementing of JK's presidency. On his way to what is poised to become the worst presidency in Tanzania's young history, is the president a product of the hypocritical nature of those around men of position?

I have never expected nor do I ever expect much from any president. They are humans after all. But what bothers me about JK is how he goes about painting his presidency as a success and sometimes when all fails blames the shortcoming of his administration on past administrations especially his immediate predecessor.

How arrogant and insulting I always think to myself for this man to claim that we are now better off then when he took office. Then I said to myself maybe it is not arrogance. Maybe this man deeply believes that he has done something and in the areas where he has failed to do so it is because of factors beyond his control.

So if the president is truly to believe that his presidency thus far has been a success what is the cause of this blind judgment of one's self? The answer that came to mind is that the yes men and women the president has surrounded himself with have lead him to believe so. Nobody dares tell the emperor he has no clothes.

So why are those around him pumping him with false beliefs? Is it because of our culture of fear? Or is it the fear of falling out of favor with the president? Or is it a combination of both?

Sadly it is not only those close to the president that are to blame. Some, especially those who feel that the president is being given a hard time not due to his leadership but other aspects of him such as his religion or region, have come in full support to sing him praise.

JK's case is the perfect example of why we as Tanzanians fail. We are hypocrites by nature. It is very hard for us to tell the truth to a person's face but will gladly complain about him behind his back. Until we stop seeing the president as an elected "king" rather than a human being who is confined by human error and fault of personality we as a nature will never get any where.

It is time we investigate those around the president and get a feel of what they are telling him and what they are advising him. There is a thin line between respect and cowardliness. Our respect for those older than us and in higher position is now bordering cowardliness and it is time we change.

The king's chair has fallen, his clothes are "vururuvururu" members of the cabinet don't see his na...dness, they bow to earth. Whispering to each other, if I bow nicely and for a longtime, the King will retain me in his cabinet forever.

Mwanafalsafa1, the whole system is corrupt! what is now needed is the overhaul for the entire system or rather what we call "re-thinking government" or "government restructuring/re-engineering". In the course of re-engineering the replacement is required in favour of repair. In your scenario, those around the emperor can not see the nakedness of their leader because they are also naked but can not see.......The whole system is blind.

Mwanafalsafa1, the whole system is corrupt! what is now needed is the overhaul for the entire system or rather what we call "re-thinking government" or "government restructuring/re-engineering". In the course of re-engineering the replacement is required in favour of repair. In your scenario, those around the emperor can not see the nakedness of their leader because they are also naked but can not see.......The whole system is blind.

Mkuu you are very right. The whole system is blind hence the lack of direction the country has right now. So how can a blind government reconstruct itself if it is unable to see where the repairs are to be made?

with each passing day comes the inevitable cementing of jk's presidency. On his way to what is poised to become the worst presidency in tanzania's young history, is the president a product of the hypocritical nature of those around men of position?
How arrogant and insulting i always think to myself for this man to claim that we are now better off then when he took office.
Jk's case is the perfect example of why we as tanzanians fail. We are hypocrites by nature. It is very hard for us to tell the truth to a person's face but will gladly complain about him behind his back.

.... until we ditch ccm new constitution ought to help. Hata kama uswahili utabakia.

Mkuu you are very right. The whole system is blind hence the lack of direction the country has right now. So how can a blind government reconstruct itself if it is unable to see where the repairs are to be made?

Good question, indeed. Take a step even further and ask yourself about what kind of people would put or allow such a government to be put in place for so long! Then, you might come to appreciate the enormity of the burden of reconstructing the "system". Ever heard of people getting the government they deserve? Changing the corrupted mind-set of the Tanzanian society calls for a drastic revolution. To that end, we might need a "crazy" individual or team of "crazy" individuals who should be ready for even a one-term of office in order to bring order to the country at all levels.

Good question, indeed. Take a step even further and ask yourself about what kind of people would put or allow such a government to be put in place for so long! Then, you might come to appreciate the enormity of the burden of reconstructing the "system". Ever heard of people getting the government they deserve? Changing the corrupted mind-set of the Tanzanian society calls for a drastic revolution. To that end, we might need a "crazy" individual or team of "crazy" individuals who should be ready for even a one-term of office in order to bring order to the country at all levels.

Well no country has developed by depending on all it's citizenry. That's why in America while formulating the Constitution they had an Electoral College because they felt the common man can not be trusted with the burden of electing the right president. It counts on the exceptional few to push the rest of the nation. Even in a car it is only the front tires that can change direction while the other two follow. The problem is that in Tanzania we don't even have those few exceptional people to read the rest and if we do have them then they seem to be disinterested in the direction of the country.

We have been told so many times that MR president does not pay heed to what he is being advised by his
comrades, want more do you want to investigate from those around him?

The story of the King's (false) coat continued for a long time because everyone knew that the King was naked, but for the fear of the King none had enough balls to say the truth. This is what is going on in our country. Everyone, above all around the King, know that things aren't going well but none has the chest of saying it publicly. This maybe because either for the fear or just for their personal interests they benefit from this SILENCE.
But things have changed. Just as the story of the King's coat ended when an innocent child said it openly during the Kings precession in the streets that "The King is naked", in Tanzania occur the same by some opposition parties revealing the nakedness of the King. Soon or later, even those aroung the King will join the majority in voicing: THE KING IS NAKED.

Perhaps the King entered(or rather was forced) in the scenario naked in the first place?...

to my little thinking, the main problems behind these bouyance leadership include incompetency, selfishness, ill-thinking, greedy, carelessness and lack of values.
We are stranded, but not hypocrites. We need to be united to fight agaist our common enemy. It is a shame for president claiming that he doesnt know why we are poor. the same remarks being made by mtoto wa mkulima(the PM) JUST LAST WEEK. If you are a leader of 40+million people of which 80% are peasants, implying that they are poor, and you dont know that they are poor, then what are leading? Wapo ikulu wanafikiria biashara tu, sio maisha ya watanzania. Ukombozi utatoka kwetu wenyewe.

Wasaliti ni wengi sana kwa Taifa letu. Wasomi, Wafanyakazi, Wabunge, mawaziri,madiwani etc. they think about their stomaches which will never ever get full. Tuwakatae kwa nguvu zote. MUda wa mabadiliko ni sasa

Back
Top Bottom