TGIF - This is it..I mean, this is what life is all about?

Quemu

JF-Expert Member
Jun 27, 2007
Jana usiku wakati najiandaa kwenda kulala, kuna kitu kimenigusa akilini. Hicho kitu sio kwamba kimenigusa kwa mara ya kwanza, ila tu jana kimenigusa tofauti kidogo na siku zingine……

…..kwenye mida ya saa nne usiku, baada ya kumaliza kuflip flip channels, nikafungua kalenda kuangalia ni bills zipi ziko past due ili nijitutumue nilizipe kabla sijakatiwa huduma muhimu. Baada ya hapo, nikajizungusha zungusha kibandani kwangu, mpaka nikaishia maliwatoni kwenda kufanya ‘usafi’ wa mwisho kabla sijajitupa kitandani…..

…..then something struck me…this is it, this is so called life!….wake up in the morning, go to work, spend all day sweating to make someone else rich, come back home, flip channels, put kids to bed (for those with kids), go thru bills, brush teeth, and jump to bed. At 6:30am the following day, the f#*@ ‘cuckoo’ clock makes the lousiest muthatapen sound……time ya kwenda kubeba boksi imewadia tena….

I mean, is there anything else out there, other than ‘same ole’ routine? Gar-lee……!!!!!

.....Pole sana QM. And welcome to middle-age crisis!

.....Solution mojawapo ni: kuhamia vijijini na kuachana na maisha ya mijini.

QM,

If anybody told you life has meaning, they lied to you big time.And by the way, this is not because of bills and your lifestyle. Life has no meaning period, except for the futile and fruitless attempt to look for the meaning of life.

In case you are doubting my ability check with King Solomon, supposedly the wisest man ever.

Hivi kweli unafikiri hali hii inasababishwa na mid-life crisis? Mimi naona tatizo ni kwenda thru the same boring routine every single day. Yaani it's so hard to find excitement wakati tayari unajua siku yako ya kesho itaendaje.

To be honest, mimi ndo maana wakati mwingine nawafagilia wale wanao careless about tomorrow/future......wale wa "ponda mali kufa kwaja." Kwa sababu, kwao kila siku ni sikukuu tu....hakuna cha kesho, keshokutwa, wala mtondogoo..

The Holy Bible: King James Version. 2000.
Ecclesiastes
OR, THE PREACHER

All Is Vanity
1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

3 What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun?

4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

8 All things are full of labor; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

The Experience of the Preacher
12 ¶ I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.

13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

15 That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.

16 ¶ I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge. 1 Kgs. 4.29-31

17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Hivi kweli unafikiri hali hii inasababishwa na mid-life crisis? Mimi naona tatizo ni kwenda thru the same boring routine every single day. Yaani it's so hard to find excitement wakati tayari unajua siku yako ya kesho itaendaje.

To be honest, mimi ndo maana wakati mwingine nawafagilia wale wanao careless about tomorrow/future......wale wa "ponda mali kufa kwaja." Kwa sababu, kwao kila siku ni sikukuu tu....hakuna cha kesho, keshokutwa, wala mtondogoo..
...miye ndiyo maana i envy bums in the streets!!! they don't give a s**t about bills or flippin' accommodation! all they need in their hands ni kopo la beer yenye 15% alcohol...

QM,

If anybody told you life has meaning, they lied to you big time.And by the way, this is not because of bills and your lifestyle. Life has no meaning period, except for the futile and fruitless attempt to look for the meaning of life.

In case you are doubting my ability check with King Solomon, supposedly the wisest man ever.

Pundit,

I think there has to be something meaningful about life....though it may be tough to point out.

Maybe I can pull up one - love gives life a meaning....isn't it? Think about the love we get from our parents and siblings throughout our lives....or the love we earn from our better-halves....

King Solomon's philosophy may be countered

Pundit,

I think there has to be something meaningful about life....though it may be tough to point out.

Maybe I can pull up one - love gives life a meaning....isn't it? Think about the love we get from our parents and siblings throughout our lives....or the love we earn from our better-halves....

King Solomon's philosophy may be countered

People are having a hard time defining love, let alone it's contribution to the meaning of life.

The beauty of King Solomon's nihilism is in the pointing out of the follies of sensory illusions, such as love. Love ultimately is about gratification, whether the receipt of or giving of, but King Solomon goes further than that and points out gratification is illusive, unless you want to lead the unexamined life which Socrates deemed as "not worth living".

We want to prove King Solomon wrong because we are afraid of the reality, that life, like evolution or the position of man and earth in the cosmos, is an incogrous, insignificant and of infinitesimally importance chance event.

Don't end it though, we may discover "The Meaning of Life" in some superfluous serendipity akin to reading THHGTTG. According to Douglas Adams the meaning of life is 42.

It was nice to read what you've written QM.
What are your hobbies QM, and how much time do you reserve for it?

…..then something struck me…this is it,....

Siku moja jaribu kuwatizama watoto wadogo wanaocheza pamoja, wale wenye umri usiozidi miaka 4. Waangalie kwa muda mrefu, then find the similarities between them and you.

Jana usiku wakati najiandaa kwenda kulala, kuna kitu kimenigusa akilini. Hicho kitu sio kwamba kimenigusa kwa mara ya kwanza, ila tu jana kimenigusa tofauti kidogo na siku zingine……

…..kwenye mida ya saa nne usiku, baada ya kumaliza kuflip flip channels, nikafungua kalenda kuangalia ni bills zipi ziko past due ili nijitutumue nilizipe kabla sijakatiwa huduma muhimu. Baada ya hapo, nikajizungusha zungusha kibandani kwangu, mpaka nikaishia maliwatoni kwenda kufanya ‘usafi’ wa mwisho kabla sijajitupa kitandani…..

…..then something struck me…this is it, this is so called life!….wake up in the morning, go to work, spend all day sweating to make someone else rich, come back home, flip channels, put kids to bed (for those with kids), go thru bills, brush teeth, and jump to bed. At 6:30am the following day, the f#*@ ‘cuckoo’ clock makes the lousiest muthatapen sound……time ya kwenda kubeba boksi imewadia tena….

I mean, is there anything else out there, other than ‘same ole’ routine? Gar-lee……!!!!!

Mkuu,
Labda inabidi uongeze Quality ya maisha yako. Onana na marafiki mara kwa mara. Jifunze vitu vipya, safiri sehemu za ng'ambo mara kwa mara. Na utaona uelewa wako unapanuka na utakuwa na sababu nyingi zaidi za kuishi.

People are having a hard time defining love, let alone it's contribution to the meaning of life.

The beauty of King Solomon's nihilism is in the pointing out of the follies of sensory illusions, such as love. Love ultimately is about gratification, whether the receipt of or giving of, but King Solomon goes further than that and points out gratification is illusive, unless you want to lead the unexamined life which Socrates deemed as "not worth living".

We want to prove King Solomon wrong because we are afraid of the reality, that life, like evolution or the position of man and earth in the cosmos, is an incogrous, insignificant and of infinitesimally importance chance event.

Don't end it though, we may discover "The Meaning of Life" in some superfluous serendipity akin to reading THHGTTG. According to Douglas Adams the meaning of life is 42.

Is that the answer to everything?

What are your hobbies QM, and how much time do you reserve for it?

Duh....hobby yangu kubwa ni kusmoke that 'good stuff'....lol

Ndugu yangu, haya mambo ya hobbies yanakoroga mno:) Kuna hali na mambo ya kuzingatia kabla ya kuikota hobby - muda, mfuko, umri, majukumu, na kharaha nyingine nyingi tu. Sasa ukifikiria haya yote, hizo hobbies zitahobika kweli?

Siku moja jaribu kuwatizama watoto wadogo wanaocheza pamoja, wale wenye umri usiozidi miaka 4. Waangalie kwa muda mrefu, then find the similarities between them and you. .

Duh Lazydog, mbona wataka nitia matatizoni mwenzio!! Hivi kweli huku ughaibuni unaweza kutumia hata dakika tano kuwa kodolea watoto wa jirani (sija jaliwa watoto wa kwangu bado) wakicheza? Si ndo mambo ya kuitiwa polisi na wazazi wao wakidhani kuwa wewe ni predator!! Hata sithubutu kufanya kitu kama hicho....

Mkuu,
Labda inabidi uongeze Quality ya maisha yako. Onana na marafiki mara kwa mara. Jifunze vitu vipya, safiri sehemu za ng'ambo mara kwa mara. Na utaona uelewa wako unapanuka na utakuwa na sababu nyingi zaidi za kuishi.

Changamoto ya hizo quality za maisha ulizozitaja zinafanya kazi kama mifuko imetuna.... nilipozungumzia mambo ya pastdue bills nilimaanisha jinsi mifuko ilivyotoboka muda wote....

Some say pipe smoking is a hobby. But isn't smoking a self-indulgence habit?
The human instinct to seek mind-altering substances has so much force and persistence that it functions like the human drives for hunger, thirst and shelter.

It depends,
  • "Life can either be a daring adventure, or nothing at all! - Hellen Keller.
  • "I used to think that life has a plan for me, until I realize that life had to be planned by me."

Once again, it is nice reading you, QM. There is a bit of similarities between you and mchongoma - I think (apart from your avatars). :)

May I point out one 'similarity' that you might find between you and babies?
Unlike you, they have dreams.

Once again, it is nice reading you, QM. There is a bit of similarities between you and mchongoma - I think (apart from your avatars).

Mchongoma is my brother from another mother....

Hata hivyo sijui kama kuna similarities zozote kati yetu. Yeye anapenda sana...ile naniii ile....."imenitoka kidogo"....

Just from reading your recent posts it seems you are not content with life. The way I see it, you have two choices. Do something to change it or learn to live with it. Hamna njia nyingine. But I'm sure you are not sailing alone there. Others might be thinking the same thing but have decided to settle for what is rather than what could be. What a world hey.. c'est la vie.

I remember casually talking with my father on my first trip to college and somewhere in the conversation he said "Mtu ambaye hajui ni nini anafanya/anatakiwa kufanya hapa duniani hana tofauti na mfu." Or something along those lines. He might have been stating his take on life and didnt mean for those words to stick in my head but for some reason they did. I dont remember more than two thirds of the coversation that day but I always remember that line. The whole picture is clear in my head. It made/makes my life harder but I am thankful nonetheless.

Unajua QM, :D

tulipokuwa tunasikia ulaya, marekani, ughaibuni,.... dhana ilikuwa raha raha tu, kuukata! ...tena hakuna kufa!

...la kukuepusha na huo mfadhaiko na mkandamizo wa mawazo ni kupanda pipa kwenda Bongo for few days ku refresh mind! Ukifika kule unakuta washkaji weshaoa na wana nyumba, gari na shughuli zao za hapa na pale almuradi maisha mazuri tu,...

The choice is yours, kubakia ughaibuni na bills zinazodondoka mlangoni kila kukicha :))zangu huwa nazitia kwenye fridge zipoe mpaka mwisho wa mwezi mambo yakikaa sawa), au ukubali kushindwa, meaning, urudi Bongo ukajiajiri/uajiriwe na kusahau maraha ya Macdonalds, Starbucks, KFC, Nandos etc...

Raha ya Bongo hakuna Bills, ila adha tu ndogo ndogo kama vile michango ya harusi, besidei nk na madhahma kibao ya kukuweka busy i.e Misiba, Vikao vya harusi, Mikutano ya Kampeni za Udiwani, Ubunge, na Urais etc etc

pole bro...! :(

...frustration za kijijini si ataishia kula mbegu badala ya kuzipanda?, usifanye mchezo na kilimo cha jembe la mkono ewe SteveD, imagine anakuja mfanyabiashara hataki Lumbesa,...Potelea mbali! "tukose sote!"