Tanzania raises petrol, cuts diesel, kerosene prices

Koborer

JF-Expert Member
Apr 6, 2012

The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) raised the retail price of petrol 1.95 percent and lowered the price of diesel 3.5 percent.

Kerosene prices were cut 0.9 percent in the latest price caps, which take immediate effect. Fuel prices are the second-biggest driver of inflation.

"These changes have been caused by a change of prices of petroleum products in the world market and the depreciation of the Tanzanian shilling against the American dollar," EWURA said in a statement.

EWURA raised the price of petrol in the commercial capital Dar es Salaam by 42 shillings to 2,187 shillings per litre while lowering that of diesel in the capital by 74 shillings to 2,040 shillings per litre.

Kerosene prices in the commercial capital fell by 18 shillings to 2,051 shillings per litre.

source; The Africa Report

Will these prices ever fall below 1800 Tshs?

Where has the project to convert cars into using Natural Gas vanished to?

Will these prices ever fall below 1800 Tshs?

Where has the project to convert cars into using Natural Gas vanished to?
I think no one is willing to revive that project as it seems to be a threat to petrol products market in the country.

I think no one is willing to revive that project as it seems to be a threat to petrol products market in the country.

That is our greatest problem (selfishness), every single avenue that would lead us to become a prosperous country has got conflicts of interest to our leaders or the rich.

That is our greatest problem (selfishness), every single avenue that would lead us to become a prosperous country has got conflicts of interest to our leaders or the rich.
Absolutely right,I heard from one of the Natural gas dealers that the price of the gas per unit is half price of petrol litre
and it is envirnmental friend(no air pollution),currently there is one natural gas station near Ubungo Chikuku breweries which is almost domant regarding vehicle fuel services,
and there is no effort from the authorities to promote this business for the betterment of Tanzanians.

Back
Top Bottom