Should I close my businesss-Ushauri

Stay Focused, Remember your number One goal when you quit job. Develop skills that you are poor at. LEARN SELLs skills.

Dont, and Never be fooled with the flash network which will make you locked behind the contract that you will sign.

Hizo "miezi zilizopita" naona zimekuletea baraka za ajabu na wewe unahitaji kuenda kanisani au msikitini kumpa Mungu shukrani. Katika muda huo Mungu amekuonesha kuwa wewe ni mzuri katika kazi unayoifanya.

Muombe huyo ndugu mahusiano yenu yawe mahusiano ya kikampuni kwa vigezo vya synergistic relations. Kwa maana hiyo jaribu kuomba aendelee kukupa sub-contracts kwa rate nzuri. Maelezo yako yanaonesha kuwa wazo lako binafsi linaweza kufaulu. Usifanye kitu chochote kinacholenga kumeza, au kuua wazo lako binafsi. Ukikubali kumezwa unaweza ukawa Bill Gates wa East Africa ambaye anamezwa kwa sababu tu ya vijitatizo vya start-up.

Labda m-bembeleze huyo mtu wako aendelee kukupa sub-contracts. For additional advice, you can contact me at: jbinala@hotmail.com. Keep up the good work--at your own place! Mwanzo huwa mgumu katika kila kitu anafanya binadamu.

Don't close your outfit.
The best option you have is to outsource your expertise and downstream, outsource to other developers with agreements that can benefit all concerned. It is not always that the piece of work needs to be paid for in full as would be the case, the main client will put up funds at given milestones and you can also do the same to the team that will be supporting you.

It appears that your benefactor has seen your future prospects and earning a wage on that is not really the best approach. I would think that developing your software portfolio and either selling it as a service to his company (partnership) also allowing you to source your own market would be the best bet.

As you have stated, capital resources are hard to come by, people and hard cash, but if you take time and develop that network, I believe you would be hitting those numbers he must have mentioned to you.
What of if getting on-board with the company is the only alternative? Well just make sure that you gain a good reward for the portfolio you already have, put down what the going concern price you are happy to work with, and since these are your "babies", you would also need to see how they will fit in the bigger scheme of things. For this I mean, if they need to be developed further, then the partner/employer is happy to start talking funding numbers for
these, if they will be cannibalized and left for dead, that will hurt you more than you might think.

One crucial point to keep in mind also is the environment you will find yourself in. Are there like minded people in there? It's all well and good moving in, but are there the techies that will complement your knowledge/expertise or better still people who you will be happy to work with. Will you be swamped with the current and future developments that the company is working on/towards, or are you to develop a line of tools for the company?

All in all this experience must have emphasized your strengths and shown you what might be achieved with a bit more effort in networking and marketing, if for whatever reason you decide to remain a sole operator, what "mikakati" have you set yourself...

All the best and hope you do make the right decision for you in the long run...

KK

Pole sana iMind katika maisha yako usikubali mapema kushindwa hata kama unapitia changamoto gani,hakuna mtu aliyeanza mara moja akafanikiwa miaka miwili ya kujitegemea na kuacha ajira bado ni kidogo sana kama ni mtu mwenye focus,changamoto hazina budi kuwepo na unachotakiwa kufanya ni kwa namna gani utazikabili hizo changamoto,hayo makampuni makubwa mara nyingi yanapenda kuwakandamiza wadogo wanaoibukia,cha kufanya usifunge biashara yako pambana huyo jamaa hata kama atataka kuuza product zako kwa jina lake we kubaliana naye ila awe ana ku subcontract na si kukuajiri kama anavyotaka kufanya,akikuajiri atakunyima baadhi ya uhuru ambao ukiwa kama subcontractor wake utakuwa nao, cha kufanya kabla ya kumuuzia product nenda brela sajili haki miliki ya hiyo product then unapomuuzia haki miliki zote zinakuwa za kwako kama mkishindana kibiashara hata ukienda mahakamani anazuiwa kuzitumia hiyo product,fanya hivyo na utafanikiwa usikubali kushindwa kirahisi kaka,kwa kufanya hivyo baada ya muda mfupi utajikuta umepata mtaji na unaweza kujiendesha mwenyewe,mimi pia niliacha kazi ya kuajiriwa nikasota kama wewe miaka karibu miwili ila Mungu ni wa wote nime settle napata miradi mikubwa kwa midogo na mambo yanakwenda.Pambana acha kukata tamaa.

Back
Top Bottom